Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 77

Glamdring

Hey!!!! Don't forget the Irish. I am down to dry spitballs to throw, but I still have a few territories left. I will be spending $6 every 15 days until xDublin falls and I can get my free startup.

?

please explain

?????????? :robot:

Yeah Dale! Tell us. :cheers:

And could you answer my email? :P

???????????????

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!!!! Don't forget the Irish. I am down to dry spitballs to throw, but I still have a few territories left. I will be spending $6 every 15 days until xDublin falls and I can get my free startup.

?

please explain

?????????? :robot:

Yeah Dale! Tell us. :cheers:

And could you answer my email? :P

???????????????

Not sure which part is too hard to decipher so I will answer all.

Nothing but dried spitballs - A folksy way of saying I don't have anything left to fight with.

Paying 6$ every 15 days - Sending in my normal turn which costs 6$ and happens every 15 days.

Free setup in a new game - you get a free setup in a new game if you stay in a game until your capital falls. If you quit before then, you don't. My capital has not fallen yet so I am in effect spending $6 a turn to eventually earn a $5 free setup. It was an attempt at humor.

I have not answered email from you as I have not received any. I have sent you a current email address.

Dale I'll say one thing for you.

You are a stayer.

I didn't know that rule.

It's a good'n thats for sure.

The ecanomics might not pan out but that all aside you are a trooper.

Good on ya.

Portugal Paul

Who will win this game?

I have watched this thread from the beginning and find it interesting that there is a lot of supposition that the S.Russia/Turkey/Syrian group has been given the game by the C Russian player, while the same Scandinavians who accused the Russians of wrongdoing have gotten out of the way of the USA/Canada/Iceland group who they also claimed was less than forthright during this game. But by getting out of the North American Alliance's way, aren't they (the Scandinavians) doing the same thing they accuse C Russia of doing?

All the same, I say: Amusing that it has boiled down to such an interesting group of alliances. The endgame should really get exciting! Earthling's post mentions many nations who are not really aligned per my reading. Could one of those provide the role of spoiler? Portugal? Egypt? some other maybe? As an outsider, it looks like a US player may have a legitimate chance at leading that country to a first time victory for that nation! Very Exciting. Very exciting indeed! Wish I was playing!

Who will win this game?

I have watched this thread from the beginning and find it interesting that there is a lot of supposition that the S.Russia/Turkey/Syrian group has been given the game by the C Russian player, while the same Scandinavians who accused the Russians of wrongdoing have gotten out of the way of the USA/Canada/Iceland group who they also claimed was less than forthright during this game. But by getting out of the North American Alliance's way, aren't they (the Scandinavians) doing the same thing they accuse C Russia of doing?

All the same, I say: Amusing that it has boiled down to such an interesting group of alliances. The endgame should really get exciting! Earthling's post mentions many nations who are not really aligned per my reading. Could one of those provide the role of spoiler? Portugal? Egypt? some other maybe? As an outsider, it looks like a US player may have a legitimate chance at leading that country to a first time victory for that nation! Very Exciting. Very exciting indeed! Wish I was playing!

Portugal is rogue. Egypt is part of the Southern Russia alliance. US/Canada/Iceland only have Britain and most of Ireland. Southern Russia alliance has Persia, Iraq, Saudi, Uae, Libya and soon Central Russia. They also are well into Baltic. Bulgaria is much more of a threat than the US.

My role is almost complete. I need to take Finish territory to be vindicated.

Portugal is rogue. Egypt is part of the Southern Russia alliance. US/Canada/Iceland only have Britain and most of Ireland. Southern Russia alliance has Persia, Iraq, Saudi, Uae, Libya and soon Central Russia. They also are well into Baltic. Bulgaria is much more of a threat than the US.

Egypt is tied to the Russian block as well? Hmmm, What role does Greece have? I thought that Greece and Egypt were together. A post that the Portuguese player made led me to that assumption.

Bulgaria a bigger threat than the US? My reading has Austria as the bigger winner in central Europe, not Bulgaria. The Bulgarian player all but admits that his role is minor in all of the action. The Portuguese Dictator claims that France is all but done. Who has accomplished that task? If not Austria, than it must be the US/Canada/Iceland block. Unless Portugal has invaded France? But my reading says they were once allied and that Portugal would never turn on an ally.

Quite interesting. A lot of my deductions have been refuted here. Sorry if an outsider offended you Rogue Leader. I was just trying to get a gauge on what has transpired in the game. So, it sounds like the South Russia/Turkey/Syria/Egypt block is the big leader according to Rogue Leader. Anything to say about that American President? Canadian Premier? Icelandic Puppet? How about you all in central Europe? Austria, Czech, Bulgaria or Greece have anything to say?

I am sure that Perfect Paul of Portugal will have something to post on the subject.....maybe he can shed some more information on the current status as he sees it?

Egypt is tied to the Russian block as well? Hmmm, What role does Greece have? I thought that Greece and Egypt were together. A post that the Portuguese player made led me to that assumption.

Bulgaria a bigger threat than the US? My reading has Austria as the bigger winner in central Europe, not Bulgaria. The Bulgarian player all but admits that his role is minor in all of the action. The Portuguese Dictator claims that France is all but done. Who has accomplished that task? If not Austria, than it must be the US/Canada/Iceland block. Unless Portugal has invaded France? But my reading says they were once allied and that Portugal would never turn on an ally.

Quite interesting. A lot of my deductions have been refuted here. Sorry if an outsider offended you Rogue Leader. I was just trying to get a gauge on what has transpired in the game. So, it sounds like the South Russia/Turkey/Syria/Egypt block is the big leader according to Rogue Leader. Anything to say about that American President? Canadian Premier? Icelandic Puppet? How about you all in central Europe? Austria, Czech, Bulgaria or Greece have anything to say?

I am sure that Perfect Paul of Portugal will have something to post on the subject.....maybe he can shed some more information on the current status as he sees it?

G'Day "The From"

It's good to see someone that is not involved with this game so interested.

You must have spent a copious amount of time reading through this forum to get such a good handle on the game.

You're right about my alliances I would never ever go against them once I put them in place.

This unlike a couple of players in this game who's names shale remain anonymous.

As for who will win I'm really not sure.

I think who ever wins will have to take me on to break the deadlock in the points.

I just can't wait.

I'm so excited to be involved with this game and I believe I will be a survivor.

I like the look of the Austrian/Czech alliance they are not big mouths they just go about their business in a methodical manner getting the job done.

My mission in life now, is to be a total pain in the neck for the Canadyank alliance.

It's not working yet but we'll see in the next few turns.

US made a claim that he has taken xbrest. Can anyone confirm this?

Look at the pot calling the kettle black.

Rogue Leader calls me Rogue.

Weird!

Portugal Paul

How about you all in central Europe? Austria, Czech, Bulgaria or Greece have anything to say?

I like the look of the Austrian/Czech alliance they are not big mouths they just go about their business in a methodical manner getting the job done.

Anything to say? interesting and extremely bloody game.

Getting the job done? Seems a rough way to do it.... if we really are getting the job done.

At least we broke the back of the Scandinavians....and Russia gets the carcass....I now know how the lion feels when the hyenas...er, bears arrive. (nothing personal against the large critter to the east...nice bear, nice bear,...where's my stick?)

Galvorn

Austria77

It is interesting from the outside- no offense taken. I guess several twist that aren't usually seen have taken place. Iceland's betrayal of England and Ireland. My sacrafice to see the Vikings lose. Portugal's and Englands false banter.

Personally I think the Austria/Czech/Bulgaria/Greece/Poland alliance has a leg up on Southern Russia/Syria/Turkey/Egypt. It depends on the loses inflicted by the Vikings on Austria and team. Poland and Czech I believe have taken a beating. Memebers of the Southern Russia team didn't fair so well either in the efforts in the south.

Austria and team chewed up Germany/France. Germany/France tried to recruit Northern and I, but took the Vikings instead. Better choice on their part, better chance of succes. The Vikings drove deep into Poland before being halted. They commited their efforts there instead of finishing me. That helped Southerns advance into Baltic. Southern hoped I'd just hold them off and buy him time. Instead I killed what was sent against me and I'll be in Finland in 2 more turns. Quite a twisty game. I'd say more but it isn't time yet.

It is interesting from the outside- no offense taken. I guess several twist that aren't usually seen have taken place. Iceland's betrayal of England and Ireland. My sacrafice to see the Vikings lose. Portugal's and Englands false banter.

Personally I think the Austria/Czech/Bulgaria/Greece/Poland alliance has a leg up on Southern Russia/Syria/Turkey/Egypt. It depends on the loses inflicted by the Vikings on Austria and team. Poland and Czech I believe have taken a beating. Memebers of the Southern Russia team didn't fair so well either in the efforts in the south.

Austria and team chewed up Germany/France. Germany/France tried to recruit Northern and I, but took the Vikings instead. Better choice on their part, better chance of succes. The Vikings drove deep into Poland before being halted. They commited their efforts there instead of finishing me. That helped Southerns advance into Baltic. Southern hoped I'd just hold them off and buy him time. Instead I killed what was sent against me and I'll be in Finland in 2 more turns. Quite a twisty game. I'd say more but it isn't time yet.

This is indeed a fun game!

It seems nothing can be taken at face value... (can it ever?)

Poland took a beating on the ground, Austria lost it's airforces and is rebuilding them. Their block as a whole is quite strong still, but the Russian/Turkish bear is building up momentum. It will be interesting to see how that confrontation will work out.

As for the North Atlantic Alliance? With the Scandinavians out of the way I would have to say: all bets are off!

Does anyone know why they ran? And did their entire Block quit?

Don

It was a fun game indeed. I had to give it my all to survive the attacks on my country.

When the Polish abandoned their country in a last desperate attempt together with the Bulgarians to save the Czechs and push me over the edge I managed to fend of this attack as well. This however completely exhausted my army and I had to allow the Czechs to take back the west part of their country I had occupied.

In the meantime Norway and Sweden moved into Poland and largely occupied it. With Poland defeated, the Czechs in the intensive care and the Bulgarians hit hard the Austrians had to send troops to Poland which allowed France to survive.

After Iceland failed miserably to take my main airbase with a sneaky air assault he decided to go after the airbases of our enemies in which he was quite successful. (We knew however we would be next).

France and I destroyed a large Austrian army near Strasbourg and Norway did the same in west Poland.

When then the US and company turned against us (the logical thing but we hoped we could convince them otherwise) and Central Russia sacrificed himself (as I understand it) to take Finland down with him and Southern Russia and Turkey decided to attack my TA’s instead of the Central Europeans (illogical but apparantly for of old times sake) we knew we were history.

Norway still largely destroyed the rebuilt Czech army and I re-entered west Czechoslovakia with a large army. With Poland as good as gone, Czechoslovakia and Austria knock out we were on the verge of destroying the Central European alliance.

The Finnish and Swedish armies where however largely destroyed by Central Russia and Bulgaria respectively and France was virtually defenseless against what was coming (especially because Portugal could not join the fight because it had forced peace upon it !)

This made all four of my TA’s decide to throw the towel. Was this justified ? Maybe a bit quick but probably it was. Anyhow, I found it was too masochistic to continue on my own against three large alliances and followed suit.

Although the end was a bit too abrupt I enjoyed this game very much.

Good luck and see you in a next game.

France Ireland and Germany would've been a nasty bloc to go against if they had been together.

congrats none the less, and perhaps when the game is over, or my alliance is trounced I will explain my logic.

This is indeed a fun game!

It seems nothing can be taken at face value... (can it ever?)

Poland took a beating on the ground, Austria lost it's airforces and is rebuilding them. Their block as a whole is quite strong still, but the Russian/Turkish bear is building up momentum. It will be interesting to see how that confrontation will work out.

As for the North Atlantic Alliance? With the Scandinavians out of the way I would have to say: all bets are off!

Does anyone know why they ran? And did their entire Block quit?

Don

This game has been a very fun game. :beer: I have had my share of ups and downs, luckily I have been able to keep the downs to a minimum. I would like to thank several players for making this game exciting. Early on it was Rasputin (Italy), Z.D. (Yugo), The Empress (Rumania) and Aahz (Hungary) who kept our attention focused. Since about turn 18 or so There has been a raging battle in the central med between myself and Tunisia (AliTosis). Ali - You have played a magnificent game. :alien:

I have thoroughly enjoyed our competition here in game 77 and hope that in a future game we can meet again, as allies!

I know that my allies in 77 have faced many different opponents than I myself have directly. I must most of all thank those players, my allies. Austria, Bulgaria and Czechoslovakia: You three have been three of the best TA's that I can remember in Victory!. Thanks Guys!

And lastly, my TA Egypt. I haven't had such and open line of communication since game 41. I have had many allies over the many games I have played, but this alliance has been by far the best as far as constant updates, strategy, resource and tactical information sharing. :(

Hello IrishPM,

Nice trick removing all the supplies and energy... I wonder how you did this...

You probably put it all into ship and sailed these into the Irish Sea... Too bad my airplanes did not intercept them...

It was nice playing against you. Fortunately, the torment for you is over!!!!!!!! xDublin is now safely in Canadian hands!

You did a good job defending your country against bad odds... I had hoped you did some more offencive actions, but... this was fun while it lasted.

Thanks again. Perhaps in future game, we run into eachother...

Norbert

Hello PeePee,

What did you do? You mislead your pilots... while dropping mines!

They dropped these on my transports ships, safely, in port... that was not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was under the impression that mines could only be dropped in seazones... You better instruct your airmen better for their next mission.

Norbert