Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 77

Glamdring

All this Talk! I am weary of talk and especially with Scandanvians.

Talk is over. I now intend to use the language of Battlefield Carnage to communicate my intentions.

All of this talk has clouded one very important issue. Everything I have none has turned out to be unneccessary! CR has defeated recently a large Finnish army and is set to destroy the smaller ones remaining. He did not even need me! Left to his own devices he will be in Lenningrad shortly.

When all the propoganda is removed; I have developed the feeling that this is not about the Scandanvians. It is really about weather I will get to Lenningrad first Or will Central Russia?

I have begun to wonder if CR was the one who duped me???? What did he need me for? He had me convinced he was on the ropes but now I see that I am only there as insurance! If you want a guy to applaud I suspect it is him.

I do thank him for the opportunity, however. A chance to irritate this many people comes along so rarely.

The race to Leningrad is ON.....let no Finn, Swede or other related associate stand in our way.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meaty,

The Scandinavian group has not sided with us! As you can see with a POL-order, we are still at war with them, since the beginning of the game. Although not many shots have been fired between our forces, this has not changed.

We have some communications, but these have not brought anything conclusive...

I suppose these communications would be telling Iceland where the Austrian Army is so he can ignore the French and German targets, fly over the French territory just to bomb the Austrian army? Your SIM POL argument is spot on, but an EM BAT shows ppl's true colours. :angry2:

PeePee,

The short version of the story from the last postings is: Scandinavia was surprised by Southern Russia and they are not pleased!

Hope this helps,

Norbert

Well done sir

:jawdrop:

I C, I'm not new to war games but the board for this one looked like a very uniqe way to communicate. And now that you say it, I can see your point. I will look out for this kind of trechery. Thank you :angry2:

Remember, this is the Propaganda Ministry. It can also be called trash talk central from what I've read. Don't know about you but I'm being careful! Good Luck to you! :jawdrop:

lol, so true :jawdrop:

Hello IrishPM,

The prelude is over...

:huh: It has begun.... :robot:

The North Atlantic Alliance.

This is hilarious. Three on one for eight turns and no territory taken permanently so you call it a "prelude". How embarrassing for you. You had to trick GB and go three on one or you would not have any conquests this game and it is half over. I scoff at you and your puny efforts. Iceland got you into GB and has done a lot of the heavy lifting against me so far. Without him you would be all talk instead of 99.44% talk.

Hello IrishPM,

This has so much meaning coming from a country that wasn't able to invade a relatively unprepared France with 2 other countries. (That would be 3 on 1 I believe?)

Well my friend, you've had more than 10 turns to prepare yourself for this invasion. Let's see what someone can do when he has had the change to prepare himself against this assault. I just can't wait to read the excuses you come up with now!

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Don

Evil incarnated (according to some..)

Hello IrishPM,

The prelude is over...

:cannon: It has begun.... :robot:

The North Atlantic Alliance.

This is hilarious. Three on one for eight turns and no territory taken permanently so you call it a "prelude". How embarrassing for you. You had to trick GB and go three on one or you would not have any conquests this game and it is half over. I scoff at you and your puny efforts. Iceland got you into GB and has done a lot of the heavy lifting against me so far. Without him you would be all talk instead of 99.44% talk.

Hello IrishPM,

This has so much meaning coming from a country that wasn't able to invade a relatively unprepared France with 2 other countries. (That would be 3 on 1 I believe?)

Well my friend, you've had more than 10 turns to prepare yourself for this invasion. Let's see what someone can do when he has had the change to prepare himself against this assault. I just can't wait to read the excuses you come up with now!

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Don

Evil incarnated (according to some..)

I won't need an excuse to lose against three countries. You will need one for taking so long to conquer me, however.

My excuse for losing in France is poor play on my part. Of course, that doesn't make you look too good right now either.

US is spending a lot of orders sping on Portugal.

Don't bother come on in.

We are ready!

Prepared Portugal Paul

Hello Miraeng,

I've only send in 10 "00's" into your lovely country to get a tan! No harm in that is there?

Regards,

Don

Potugese can not understand your speak.

What you say?

What does it all mean?

Portugal Paul

since when does the CIA use MI8 field agent codes, or is this the result of a new acquisition in a particular country?

Hello Meaty,

It seems that the old regime didn't go well within the British Intelligence community. They were more than willing to help me. So I figured "what's in a name?" and let them use their own organisation as they pleased, as long as they do what I want them to do I couldn't be bothered... :huh:

Don

Goodonya Meaty

Now I understand!

Sort of.

Portugal Paul

Iceland continues to reach new depths of treachery. . . .

Anyone working with him in this game or any other should check out the message string below. Note Hersir indicated cooperation on the part of him and his TA's, then backstabbed us days later.

Lord Vader

I just received France's turn results, showing your airstrikes on Germany's base.

It was very SLEAZY of you to send the personal message below and then attack us.

Guess we should have expected as much given how you screwed over Great Britain.

Rest assured I will make it my business to be sure you do not win this game, or any future ones in which I encounter you.

Lord Vader

Hi Lord Vader,

We all decided that we want to cooperate further in the future. A mail from USA/Canada will follow within days.

How is the war going? We noticed that France and Germany are actually gaining back their old territory, which is good. Are they going to press even further, it looks like the Austrian army is on the verge of collapse with loosing all that territory. Further are you going to hold in Poland, with Sweden?

We have now broken the Irish army and as a result all the tactical airforces become available for targets you want to be taken out. Last turn I destroyed

rail in Northern Italy, to block his logistics towards France.

So, with extra forces at the ready, which targets do you want to take care of? Any critical "preparing ground" missions needed in France or Germany? Mind you, our tactical forces don't have the same reach as my strategic forces have.

Hope hearing from you soon, so that we can adjust our planning accordingly.

Gr. Hersir

Hello All,

Why is it that when all things go well for someone he is the one responsible, but when the shit hits the fan it's always somebody else's fault? And then they run their mouth and make this misconception personal?

I know this is a propaganda site, and I know that there is always the chance that we play with a sore loser. But for crying out loud!

It's just a game people, a fun game with a lot of interaction but still a game. Deal with it or don't play it!

Don

Geez CD what brought this on????????

I think games are just that and this game is a little more intense than most.

I also think that players that come up against situations they don't like can choose to ally with someone else in the next game.

You don't have to take it personally but if some people’s ethics don't match your own you can stay away from them and have someone on your side similar to yourself.

Then go kick their arse!

I never take it personally but I don't forget the unethical players.

For instance:

At the start of this game if anyone remembers GB & Ireland TA'ed and got burnt by their TA.

You just have to be careful and patient.

Next time they meet in a game DW instantly and get even that way.

Most importantly never forget.

Portugal Paul

Iceland continues to reach new depths of treachery. . . .

Anyone working with him in this game or any other should check out the message string below. Note Hersir indicated cooperation on the part of him and his TA's, then backstabbed us days later.

Lord Vader

I just received France's turn results, showing your airstrikes on Germany's base.

It was very SLEAZY of you to send the personal message below and then attack us.

Guess we should have expected as much given how you screwed over Great Britain.

Rest assured I will make it my business to be sure you do not win this game, or any future ones in which I encounter you.

Lord Vader

Hi Lord Vader,

We all decided that we want to cooperate further in the future. A mail from USA/Canada will follow within days.

How is the war going? We noticed that France and Germany are actually gaining back their old territory, which is good. Are they going to press even further, it looks like the Austrian army is on the verge of collapse with loosing all that territory. Further are you going to hold in Poland, with Sweden?

We have now broken the Irish army and as a result all the tactical airforces become available for targets you want to be taken out. Last turn I destroyed

rail in Northern Italy, to block his logistics towards France.

So, with extra forces at the ready, which targets do you want to take care of? Any critical "preparing ground" missions needed in France or Germany? Mind you, our tactical forces don't have the same reach as my strategic forces have.

Hope hearing from you soon, so that we can adjust our planning accordingly.

Gr. Hersir

Hi Lord Vader

Join the club.

ex - GB can fill you in on that.

Get your revenge in another game if you have to, but, never forget.

Icelandic player is in my sight's for another game too.

Does anyone know where he gets his OIL from?

His COAL also!

Portugal Paul

There are a wide mix of players in any game. GB himself took the backstab by Hersir as the work of art it was. Some others would react with anger and with a strong desire for vengeance. Neither behavior can be said to be wrong or right. Players have a right to backstab and a right to hate the backstabber. Just something to consider when you trust someone OR when you backstab someone.

What bothers me is that I have been jumping up and down proclaiming how we were backstabbed and that no one should trust Hersir and his allies, yet they still managed to dupe someone else. Hopefully the rest of you are forewarned in this game and any future ones about these three. No matter what they promise you, it means nothing.

Denmark also has oil and is played by a "friend" of Iceland's. In a few turns, they can also add the oil from Dublin unfortunately.

G'Day Irish PM

You've played well and I hope we met in another game.

If nothing else this has been a steep learning curve for you and GB and I would have no quarms about being allied in the future.

Portugal Paul

There are a wide mix of players in any game. GB himself took the backstab by Hersir as the work of art it was. Some others would react with anger and with a strong desire for vengeance. Neither behavior can be said to be wrong or right. Players have a right to backstab and a right to hate the backstabber. Just something to consider when you trust someone OR when you backstab someone.

What bothers me is that I have been jumping up and down proclaiming how we were backstabbed and that no one should trust Hersir and his allies, yet they still managed to dupe someone else. Hopefully the rest of you are forewarned in this game and any future ones about these three. No matter what they promise you, it means nothing.

Denmark also has oil and is played by a "friend" of Iceland's. In a few turns, they can also add the oil from Dublin unfortunately.

Canada/USA have never backstabbed any country. I find it offensive and take it very personal that you keep saying that we did. You have taken the pleasure I could find in this game out of it, I'm done with this forum.

Don

My opinion is that Lord Vader is upset because

he has been out played on the diplomatic front AGAIN :huh:

They put so much effort in emails trying to get help.

They are so heart broken when their efforts fail

Again and again and again :thumbsup:

Try something new- WIN WITH YOUR TEAM :robot:

AND :robot:

Learn from others misakes :cannon: