Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 77

Glamdring

Come back CD

We forgive you.

Your childish outbursts are the only interesting thing going for this forum.

Without you here, it is like a forest without trees

It's like a writer with no pen,

It's like a song without an end and most of all.

How can you stay away for so long.

We miss you.

We do.

Now why would you declare war on France and Germany?

I couldn't believe it when I read it.

The back door is protected too you know.

I've been expecting Iceland for while now.

However now I have you to worry about also.

Portugal Paul

Who can resists such poetry?

I've had a nice holiday to think things over and came to the conclusion that the only way to counter all the accusations is by kicking some butt!

Hence the war declarations... Have you accepted my proposal yet?

Greetings,

Don

Nemesis of Scandinavia

Hi Don

So good to see you.

I have told you the deal.

Time and time again.

It's all up to Canada.

At least that was before you DW on my next-door neighbour.

Now things go belly up.

You will use your territory win against me the same way you did with Azores.

That was very very clever.

I can’t risk Canada and you doing it so very close to my boarders.

Portugal Paul

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Don

So good to see you.

Time and time again.

It's all up to Canada.

Now things go belly up.

Portugal Paul

I had forgotten. Must be the stress from being at work again :(

Canada will do the same in a few turns, after he has taken over Ireland.

But did I read the posting of Sweden correctly? :ranting:

Is he throwing in the towel? :D

Don

Nemisis of Scandinavia

Hi Don

So good to see you.

Time and time again.

It's all up to Canada.

Now things go belly up.

Portugal Paul

I had forgotten. Must be the stress from being at work again :(

Canada will do the same in a few turns, after he has taken over Ireland.

But did I read the posting of Sweden correctly? :ranting:

Is he throwing in the towel? :D

Don

Nemisis of Scandinavia

Let's see, Norway, Finland, Sweden, France, and Germany are actively engaged with USA, Canada, Iceland, Austria, Czechosolvakia, Bulgaria, NRussia, CRussia, SRussia, and Poland (who may have dropped now) with Turkey an imminent addition. That would be 5 on 10 (or 11). Those odds aren't worth the investment of time. Sorry, but perhaps if dropping makes these types of "arrangements" less fun for the large groups of veterans, that will make for more balanced games in the future. Best of luck to you. I think the winner is already decided, and I don't play for second place.

Poland has not dropped, he doesn't have an army to fight you with, but hes still doing turnsheets for info. We are fighting against your alliance, Iceland bombing us and paradropping, North African countries at war with us, so I know the feeling. And you wonder why we were not inclined to fight the S Russian alliance on top of that....also, I believe Ireland kept fighting the good fight for quite a while, even tho it was him vs how many? Kudos to the Irish.

As far as any arrangements between veteran players (which I believe you mainly are directing towards S Russia and myself ) let me make something very clear. He and I had no pre-arranged agreement. We both started this game intending to win and in different alliances. My alliance was at war with your alliance and also fighting into N Africa, so that the 5 of us were already fighting more then 5 other countries. Throw on top of that 1 player from the US alliance bombing us. Now, given that situation, would you really expect us to also fight the S Russian alliance? So, if given a choice of 1) helping someone who we are at war with, or 2) helping someone whose alliance had somewhat been cooperative with us as far as political agreements etc, whom would you choose? To rephrase, if it were reversed, and your alliance would have been the S Russian team and he your team, I would have done nothing different. I will always choose to help the ones that aren't at war with me over those that are at war with me, simple as that. So it's not a case of veteran players helping or making special "arrangements", at least not on my part; but honestly just circumstances.

JT

:D:( Jstrait you seem to have similar experience in victory 76. You always blame others to play a false game with you and your allies. Maybe this is the problem you have and you will have in the future. You will only play for the first place? Wow that really a great sportsmanship, I am impressed.

If you would be trapped within TAs and you would not have any chance to attack your enemies that would be a reason to drop. If you would have RL problems, ok no problem. But your group drops because they expect to loose?

People like you are the players who kill all the fun. In game 78 I am trapped in a similar situation like your alliance but I would never blame somebody to choose my alliance as a target. The more enemies the better, the better the game, the great our honor when we win. When I have to loose then I will give my enemies a good battle and therefore I will find easily new TAs in the next game.

I like my personal enemies. Predator, Andy Brogan, the Sponge....I kill them in the game but I like them because they make this game a real contest. All these people will play on until they are nearly annihilated from the battlefield. The Sponge is crazy but he fights. This fight is Victory and not to win the game.

A hail to all my fighting enemies :ranting:

The Monk

Poland has not dropped, he doesn't have an army to fight you with, but hes still doing turnsheets for info. We are fighting against your alliance, Iceland bombing us and paradropping, North African countries at war with us, so I know the feeling. And you wonder why we were not inclined to fight the S Russian alliance on top of that....also, I believe Ireland kept fighting the good fight for quite a while, even tho it was him vs how many? Kudos to the Irish.

As far as any arrangements between veteran players (which I believe you mainly are directing towards S Russia and myself ) let me make something very clear. He and I had no pre-arranged agreement. We both started this game intending to win and in different alliances. My alliance was at war with your alliance and also fighting into N Africa, so that the 5 of us were already fighting more then 5 other countries. Throw on top of that 1 player from the US alliance bombing us. Now, given that situation, would you really expect us to also fight the S Russian alliance? So, if given a choice of 1) helping someone who we are at war with, or 2) helping someone whose alliance had somewhat been cooperative with us as far as political agreements etc, whom would you choose? To rephrase, if it were reversed, and your alliance would have been the S Russian team and he your team, I would have done nothing different. I will always choose to help the ones that aren't at war with me over those that are at war with me, simple as that. So it's not a case of veteran players helping or making special "arrangements", at least not on my part; but honestly just circumstances.

JT

Glad to hear Poland is still around....and I agree it is great that Ireland has defended as well as he has 1 on 3. As for the rest of your paragraph, given that I never complained one bit when you didn't want to make a truce with us, I'm not sure your point here.....

Gentlemen of the Scandinavians:

Lets see now, you stomp through Baltic States and invade the Russians. Threaten our alliance in Europe and manage to reduce Poland's armies to nothing while he is in Germany fighting with the rest of his alliance. Then you accuse the Polish player of abandoning his position and us of throwing him to the wolves while the rest of us try to finally break the German and French forces. Our alliance regroups and manages to keep a skirmish line in place so you can no longer advance on the Czech, Austrian and Bulgarian positions. We find enemies that YOU made in our own alliances (which have been there all game) and decide to group up and fight you back even more. HMMMMMM. Sounds like good game play and diplomacy to me and sour grapes on your part. You were not able to turn the tide for Germany and France and are now complaining about your position.

Straits, just play the game and stop complaining. It doesn't always work out every game you play. I have played in several games at this point. Sometimes your alliances work out and sometimes they don't. You get stabbed in the back and remember who did it. If you have a good ally, you try to find that person in your next game. Both games you have played in you came into the game with prearranged alliances. I have never done that and end up having to work the RNA's and email (snail mail way back when) my neighbors. This forum has been a nice addition for quickly contacting potential allies. In your next game why don't you really test your skills as players and not come into the set up all together?

Earthling

:D:( Jstrait you seem to have similar experience in victory 76. You always blame others to play a false game with you and your allies. Maybe this is the problem you have and you will have in the future. You will only play for the first place? Wow that really a great sportsmanship, I am impressed.

If you would be trapped within TAs and you would not have any chance to attack your enemies that would be a reason to drop. If you would have RL problems, ok no problem. But your group drops because they expect to loose?

People like you are the players who kill all the fun. In game 78 I am trapped in a similar situation like your alliance but I would never blame somebody to choose my alliance as a target. The more enemies the better, the better the game, the great our honor when we win. When I have to loose then I will give my enemies a good battle and therefore I will find easily new TAs in the next game.

I like my personal enemies. Predator, Andy Brogan, the Sponge....I kill them in the game but I like them because they make this game a real contest. All these people will play on until they are nearly annihilated from the battlefield. The Sponge is crazy but he fights. This fight is Victory and not to win the game.

A hail to all my fighting enemies :ranting:

The Monk

No issues in 76...not sure what you mean. Heck, I congratulated the Grecoslavs for their puppet mastery....and continue to fight them as we speak. Perhaps you should poll the other two major alliances in that game before you question the facts. As for your other comments, if I boxed myself in with TA's, well, can't imagine that happening - just poor planning. I haven't faulted my enemies at all except CRussia, who talks big and plays like a coward. Other than that, players had their own agendas, and that is to be expected. That being said, I don't feel obligated to reward players who decided that 11 on 5 was fun for them by sticking out a losing cause. Don't worry....we'll inflict plenty of damage before we sign off.....

Gentlemen of the Scandinavians:

Lets see now, you stomp through Baltic States and invade the Russians. Threaten our alliance in Europe and manage to reduce Poland's armies to nothing while he is in Germany fighting with the rest of his alliance. Then you accuse the Polish player of abandoning his position and us of throwing him to the wolves while the rest of us try to finally break the German and French forces. Our alliance regroups and manages to keep a skirmish line in place so you can no longer advance on the Czech, Austrian and Bulgarian positions. We find enemies that YOU made in our own alliances (which have been there all game) and decide to group up and fight you back even more. HMMMMMM. Sounds like good game play and diplomacy to me and sour grapes on your part. You were not able to turn the tide for Germany and France and are now complaining about your position.

Straits, just play the game and stop complaining. It doesn't always work out every game you play. I have played in several games at this point. Sometimes your alliances work out and sometimes they don't. You get stabbed in the back and remember who did it. If you have a good ally, you try to find that person in your next game. Both games you have played in you came into the game with prearranged alliances. I have never done that and end up having to work the RNA's and email (snail mail way back when) my neighbors. This forum has been a nice addition for quickly contacting potential allies. In your next game why don't you really test your skills as players and not come into the set up all together?

Earthling

Your alliance has been great to fight against, and we really haven't complained about you guys...not sure why you are all on the defensive. That being said, the cowardice of CRussia in giving his country to SRussia is weak and cannot be defended.

Interesting idea....maybe a no-TA game? Fog of war every turn? By the way....a ton of players join games together....we did so primarily to offset the new player disadvantage.

My second paragraph above is in reference to this statement in your post: "...but perhaps if dropping makes these types of "arrangements" less fun for the large groups of veterans...". Maybe I misunderstood your meaning. I took it as you meant "we" had some kind of arrangement based solely on us being "veteran" players.

I don't play in this game but like to read about the goings on in some games. These pre-arranged alliances are a problem, I face one in 80 but I have not moaned about it. I seek allies elsewhere and do the best I can to secure my future in the game. I role-play the position and will not be shouting foul if it all falls to pieces because I play the game for fun and enjoyment. I dont care if I win or lose, I care about the new friends I have made, new enemies I have played against and the experience as a whole. I for one am glad I don't play in this game as all the back biting leaves me, a casual reader, with a bitter taste in my mouth. If its bitter in mine, someone not playing this game I can't imagine what it tastes like to those playing. Chill out guys and relax. Play the game.

I don't play in this game but like to read about the goings on in some games. These pre-arranged alliances are a problem, I face one in 80 but I have not moaned about it. I seek allies elsewhere and do the best I can to secure my future in the game. I role-play the position and will not be shouting foul if it all falls to pieces because I play the game for fun and enjoyment. I dont care if I win or lose, I care about the new friends I have made, new enemies I have played against and the experience as a whole. I for one am glad I don't play in this game as all the back biting leaves me, a casual reader, with a bitter taste in my mouth. If its bitter in mine, someone not playing this game I can't imagine what it tastes like to those playing. Chill out guys and relax. Play the game.

G'Day Cain

You might be Abel to take the back stabbing and lets face it you have in the past.

But some of us just can't do it.

We are a sensitive bunch and like it that way.

We dont play this game for fun.

I thought by now you would know that.

It's more than a game.

It's not even life or death, it's more than that.

"Chill out" you must be crazy.

I CANT!!!

PPPPortugal PPPaul

JT

Well spoken JT- much like my position. Fight a two front war making the odds 6 against 2 or work with one alliance to take out the other. The Straits don't mention they wanted me to make the same arrangement with them. That would have been ok though, since I'd be working for them. If not working for them then doing their dirty work by holding up SR while they prepared. Is that what cowardice is? It's ok if I do it for you but not against you? All hail the Viking way!!!

I picked the better players to win. Finland and Sweden have played poor games and don't deserve a win. They have out played Baltic, but not me. I've killed many more of their troops than they of mine and have seen there numerous mistakes. SR and company had taken out a worthy opponent in UAE.

Game 82 will be my next- see you there Straits!

G'Day Cain

You might be Abel to take the back stabbing and lets face it you have in the past.

But some of us just can't do it.

We are a sensitive bunch and like it that way.

We dont play this game for fun.

I thought by now you would know that.

It's more than a game.

It's not even life or death, it's more than that.

"Chill out" you must be crazy.

I CANT!!!

PPPPortugal PPPaul

:santa:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Don

So good to see you.

Time and time again.

It's all up to Canada.

Now things go belly up.

Portugal Paul

Hi PeePee,

You're a good friend! Thank you for changing your mind and accepting my renewed peace proposal. I'm sure that Iceland will be likewise pleased when he sees that you have accepted his proposal as well...:P

It must give you a relaxed feeling all that peace, even in North Africa... What will you do with all that spare time? :P

Greetings,

Don

President of the usA

Hi Don

So good to see you.

Time and time again.

It's all up to Canada.

Now things go belly up.

Portugal Paul

Hi PeePee,

You're a good friend! Thank you for changing your mind and accepting my renewed peace proposal. I'm sure that Iceland will be likewise pleased when he sees that you have accepted his proposal as well...:o

It must give you a relaxed feeling all that peace, even in North Africa... What will you do with all that spare time? :pirate2:

Greetings,

Don

President of the usA

CD

Nasty thing to do, you and Iceland.

Cowardly some would say.

I will endeavour to drive you crazy anyway.

No guts no glory.

I need the extra orders that I have now for infrastructure.

Portugals' Peaceful Paul