Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 80

DrFreud

Seems like a green light for another round of carpet bombing, what started as a massive wave of roaring steel crossing the German borders is dwindling down to some splashing in a toddler's pool. The US has already lost its appetite for fighting? A complete stand still?

P-47's is hardly what I would consider carpet bombing...I don't think it was standing still on purpose but a mistake on the turn sheet :rolleyes: Anyway austria has made his final mistake by retreating behind enemy lines, that's a new one to me, go figure...So where are all those Balkan divisions that were promised soooo long ago?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a green light for another round of carpet bombing, what started as a massive wave of roaring steel crossing the German borders is dwindling down to some splashing in a toddler's pool. The US has already lost its appetite for fighting? A complete stand still?

P-47's is hardly what I would consider carpet bombing...I don't think it was standing still on purpose but a mistake on the turn sheet :drunk: Anyway austria has made his final mistake by retreating behind enemy lines, that's a new one to me, go figure...So where are all those Balkan divisions that were promised soooo long ago?

waiting for an opening ... :drunk:

you are still too far of but it seems you are getting closer :drunk:

then again who knows from where my troops can touch you :thumbsup:

P-47's is hardly what I would consider carpet bombing...

Well I don't know how your US ally would call it but the effects are the same: his armies are evaporating...

... and after him the Swedish flyboys and girls will go after you and with every 3 turns a fresh group coming of the production line it will make it an interesting end...

and after him the Swedish flyboys and girls will go after you and with every 3 turns a fresh group coming of the production line it will make it an interesting end...

Bring it on. Fly against me and you will be intercepted by 50 fighters EVERY turn. And those P-47's are about worthless against my panthers DSM and next turn we start production on our new King tiger model. I doubt you even scratch the paint on them bad boys....Don't disappoint me now... :thumbsup:

those Panzers as well as the Russian tanks are indeed some heavy drewling stuff....

but never under estimate the power of the Sherman..!!!

Sherman?... Who's Sherman?...never heard of him...Ahh ya gotta love processing day when you have the enemy on the ropes....good game heavy B I gotta hand it to you as you never gave up and fought till the end. I haven't met that kind of resistance since game 58.

So which way exactly is Baltic from Austria? (generals consulting map)

Von Manstein--Time to pay you back for hitting my airbase sooo long ago...did you think I would forget? <_<

I need a holiday!

Who needs one when there's all this great action in your country!?!?

This is the Beginning of the End, only 17 turns left, Predator's and his friend's final push... And dropping like flies, especially his friends... <_<

Amazing that you don't hear him when things aren't going very well... well part from what comments that he's bored with the game... But then he needs a way out from a loosing position, especially after all his or his associates tricks in all those more or less inactive countries...

"Dropping like flies"?? I don't see that....

We are at the end of the game and ffighting inside Germany and Austria, after all. :cheers:

We are at the end of the game and ffighting inside Germany and Austria, after all. <_<

Uhhh... Exact which units would you count fighting IN Germany? (and no there aren't any US in Austria)

After all you retreated them to the Lowlands.

Face it, you - the US - are disintegrating, Spain is engaged in a trench war in Germany and this is the end guys. You did well 5 to 1 (Austria), supreme concentration of air and ground power (but hey 5 to 1... nothing to brag about), things slowed down 5 -2 (Germany) and now with the odds becoming more in balance things have come to a stand still (and you call that a boring game).

Hey, we are just getting started, no Denmark, no Iceland, no Ireland and no Great Britain any more, with 1/5 of the game to go you are in an express elevator, going down.... :cheers:

Face it, you - the US - are disintegrating, Spain is engaged in a trench war in Germany and this is the end guys. You did well 5 to 1 (Austria), supreme concentration of air and ground power (but hey 5 to 1... nothing to brag about), things slowed down 5 -2 (Germany) and now with the odds becoming more in balance things have come to a stand still (and you call that a boring game).

Not so boring anymore with a break through finally being achieved in Austria. Germany is in about the same situation with his entire front line collapsing. Two inf armies left--those aren't even worth stopping to fight, the air power can handle that. His mobile forces or what's left of them are in bad shape and are inneffective against the russian armor anyway.

Where are the german allies ground forces, P-47's aren't going to stop us. And by last count i still saw multiple U.S. armies in the field...

Ahhh it's a beautiful thing to see the SS King Tiger rolling off the production lines... lets see Ternitz, Vienna, Bratislava,Katowice, Krakow and into Baltic held territory. Let's see what those Shermans CAN'T do <_<

We are at the end of the game and ffighting inside Germany and Austria, after all. :cheers:

Uhhh... Exact which units would you count fighting IN Germany? (and no there aren't any US in Austria)

After all you retreated them to the Lowlands.

Hey, we are just getting started, no Denmark, no Iceland, no Ireland and no Great Britain any more, with 1/5 of the game to go you are in an express elevator, going down.... :cheers:

Umm hmmm, well we certainly seem to be occupying different realities..... When speaking of Germany and Austria I was of course talking about our alliance, not personally. And we are still fighting in Germany and Austria at the end of the game no matter how you slice it. <_<

Von Manstein--Time to pay you back for hitting my airbase sooo long ago...did you think I would forget? :thumbsup:

:oops: