Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 80

DrFreud

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spongebob
Just a curious side note but does anyone know when game 72 started? I just want to figure out how long I have been losing at this game :thumbsup:

#72 started at: Monday, February 9, 2004

What country did you play in that game?

Wow 6 years and ironicly the same date as my birth, real birth that is, feb 9th, now that is strange. I was Norway I think and death arrived on even swifter wings as it was my first game since game 21.

6 Years of my life and hundreds of dollars - What a ride but all good things must come to an end, with this game ending 89 will start soon and the Sponge is retiring. There will be no future sponge in any games. 88 is my last. ;)

Just a curious side note but does anyone know when game 72 started? I just want to figure out how long I have been losing at this game ;)

Wow 6 years and ironicly the same date as my birth, real birth that is, feb 9th, now that is strange. I was Norway I think and death arrived on even swifter wings as it was my first game since game 21. 6 Years of my life and hundreds of dollars - What a ride but all good things must come to an end, with this game ending 89 will start soon and the Sponge is retiring. There will be no future sponge in any games. 88 is my last. :(

So you're only 6 years old ?! That explains a lot :thumbsup:

Norway #72 was played by Mannstein (and conquered by Sweden: Predator).

A shame you're planning to stop playing Vic! I suggest playing just one game at a time. Focus is the key to Vic! And it is cheaper too..

Regards,

THE SHeikh!

Just a curious side note but does anyone know when game 72 started? I just want to figure out how long I have been losing at this game ;)

Wow 6 years and ironicly the same date as my birth, real birth that is, feb 9th, now that is strange. I was Norway I think and death arrived on even swifter wings as it was my first game since game 21. 6 Years of my life and hundreds of dollars - What a ride but all good things must come to an end, with this game ending 89 will start soon and the Sponge is retiring. There will be no future sponge in any games. 88 is my last. :(

So you're only 6 years old ?! That explains a lot :thumbsup:

Norway #72 was played by Mannstein (and conquered by Sweden: Predator).

A shame you're planning to stop playing Vic! I suggest playing just one game at a time. Focus is the key to Vic! And it is cheaper too..

Regards,

THE SHeikh!

Don't forget good TA's! :taz:

Guest Spongebob

It must have been 73 I started in then.

No not giving up Victory just retiring the chaos that is Sponge. I will see if I get any further without the world and his dog wanting to hunt me down.

No one wants to be an ally of the Sponge :( well... a few do :)

But you are right 1 game at a time, 88 I am in now and the Sponge will surface soon in that game but 89 will be the last for a while and without a Sponge in sight. How I am going to achieve that I dont know, I will have to assume a new identity in real life as many know my real name but we shall see.

89 must not be far off now with it being 80% full and this game now ended.

No not giving up Victory just retiring the chaos that is Sponge. I will see if I get any further without the world and his dog wanting to hunt me down.

But you are right 1 game at a time, 88 I am in now and the Sponge will surface soon in that game but 89 will be the last for a while and without a Sponge in sight. How I am going to achieve that I dont know, I will have to assume a new identity in real life as many know my real name but we shall see.

returning as Patrick are you? or will it be Sandy... probebly not... she's to tough with her texas spirit ... :cheers:

Guest Spongebob

returning as Patrick are you? or will it be Sandy... probebly not... she's to tough with her texas spirit ... :cheers:

Here I am bareing my soul and all i get is cheap jokes and a glancing slap across the chops. (Sniff Sniff) You wound me and bring a tear to my eye :cheers:

Did I miss the end results?!?!

Good timing - I just finished it up tonight and posted a note in the News from fhe Front forum :(

Congrats to the winning alliance and all the survivors of Game 80 - looks like it was a bloodbath right up to the end :)

Russ

Did I miss the end results?!?!

Good timing - I just finished it up tonight and posted a note in the News from fhe Front forum :(

Congrats to the winning alliance and all the survivors of Game 80 - looks like it was a bloodbath right up to the end :)

Russ

Well played - all of you!

Sneaky Persia did a turn which denied me my 999 morale <sigh> but that is OK. I've NEVER killed that many ARM points - EVER! :-)

A special shout out to the Middle Eastern alliance who ambushed the heck out of me on our approach to Suez. I certainly learned my lesson!

Congrats to the winning team.

I’ve had a very good time playing this game. Excellent opposition. Developed WOI –like: trenches in the west and fast moving in the Russia’s..

With a dramatic turn of events begin this year.

Kudo’s go to:

- my TA's for being such great allies;

- Ffreddy (NRussia) and the players of CRussia and Srussia for putting up stiff resistance! I assume Ffreddy is the first player using scorched earth tactics to the max by transporting half of the xLeningrad pop to the far east of NRussia! Expensive though..

- Persia for not giving up, even when his TA's where beaten one by one. Nasty last ditch effort in the xOrenburg region!

- Greece and Hungary for staying alive and kicking, right between the two large European ‘TA-blocks’;

- Pred&Co. for being such tough opponents. Your logistic skills are unsurpassed. Humongous amounts of ARM have been transported from Southern Europe into the black hole that used to be the Alps. Not to forget the shipping of entire armies from the USA to Europe. Hat off.

- Russ for running another game flawlessly for another 3+ years. (it’s best to forget the christmas hiccup trauma. :) );

- And last but not least: The Danish Concrete Man who (2,5 years ago) has contributed a great deal to the endsieg of the winning alliance.

Can’t wait to see the endmovie of this one!

Until we meet again!

THE Sheikh!

I’ve had a very good time playing this game. Excellent opposition. Developed WOI –like: trenches in the west and fast moving in the Russia’s..

Kudo’s go to:

- Ffreddy (NRussia) and the players of CRussia and Srussia for putting up stiff resistance! I assume Ffreddy is the first player using scorched earth tactics to the max by transporting half of the xLeningrad pop to the far east of NRussia! Expensive though..

- Persia for not giving up, even when his TA's where beaten one by one. Nasty last ditch effort in the xOrenburg region!

- Greece and Hungary for staying alive and kicking, right between the two large European ‘TA-blocks’;

- Pred&Co. for being such tough opponents. Your logistic skills are unsurpassed. Humongous amounts of ARM have been transported from Southern Europe into the black hole that used to be the Alps. Not to forget the shipping of entire armies from the USA to Europe. Hat off.

- Russ for running another game flawlessly for another 3+ years. (it’s best to forget the christmas hiccup trauma. :) );

- And last but not least: The Danish Concrete Man who (2,5 years ago) has contributed a great deal to the endsieg of the winning alliance.

Until we meet again!

THE Sheikh!

But also to you for 648 points at the end! Well done!

Of course, I never thought it possible for a country to be -$393,341 in their treasury like Germany! Now, THAT HAS TO BE A RECORD!!!

W-O-W ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Kudo’s go to:

Until we meet again!

THE Sheikh!

But also to you for 648 points at the end! Well done!

Of course, I never thought it possible for a country to be -$393,341 in their treasury like Germany! Now, THAT HAS TO BE A RECORD!!!

W-O-W ! ! ! ! ! ! !

First off all thanks everybody for playing these last three years. It gave me a lot of exiting moments opening turn results and plotting strategies. :cheers: Also enjoyed all the BS on the forum.. keep 'm comming!

Special thanks to my alliance and all the support given during diffecult times especially "von Manstein" for keeping the morale up when the (game) morale was way down. Our TA with you probebly did cost us our victory but I wouldn't have it any other way. :(

And ofcourse congratulations to the winning alliance. We have tried very hard to beat your score, but unfortunately we were not able to beat the scores of the african countries and the USA...I do feel proud to say I did end up a few points higher than portugal..so thats a personal victory. :cheers:

Finally from my side a thank you to Russ for my sleepless nights and catostrophic mornings when turns did not arived when i thought they would (which was mostly my mistake...) and the hart-attack i had when his computer crashed.

Hope to beat you all in the next games.

Erik