Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 80

DrFreud

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spongebob

Nice Predictable Predator :laugh: I must admit it put a smile on my face.

I will make you a promise shall I - I will invade Portugal just to show you I can do it. I will take your cities, your women, your port wine, your oil, your will to live and finally your soul.

Lets work it out.... BRB :thumbsup:

Ok back - I have worked out on T11 I can build LSMs, that means I can send in the Marines to Portugal on T15 and they can continue to the USA before T20.

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm sure the Canadians will have made a mess of the American countryside before I arrive but it should be fun just to find out if its possible. :robot:

G'day Sponge.

This is Morocco calling.

I'm working on my "Optional Victory Conditions" sheet which is due to be submitted by Turn 3 and I'm facing a dilemma.

You see, Morocco can really only expand by conquering Algeria first, then Tunisia, then Libya, then Egypt.

Now, OVC #6 is .."control the greatest # of provinces and cities at the end of the game".., while OVC #8 is .."increase the # of provinces and cities under your control by the greatest percentage...".

The dilemma is that 90% ofAlgeria is zero population cities and there is no material or monetary gain in using forces to conquer them.

Those forces could be used in the conquest of Tunisia, Libya and Egypt.

What should I do?

Sponge, you are wise, experienced and respected by all.

Please advise me.

Oh, I notice that, when I conquer Egypt, you and I will be neighbours and could possibly be at each other's throats.

Please do not let that possibility affect the quality, wisdom and soundness of your advice to me.

Respectfully

Des Feeney

Guest Spongebob

Well Des as you have spoken with respect ( as it should be ) I will grant you this audience.

Face facts, your surrounded by 5 TAs, there can only be one outcome in this situation. You must declare war on everyone and expand in all directions, the air, the sea, the land. They will all see that your as mad as cheese and run away.

When you have made it all the way to Trans Jordan then we shall speak again upon such an occassion you will surrender to me and become my loyal servant.

Ah yes St M - It seems the world has finally come to respect the word of the Sponge. This has given me an Idea ( dont laugh ) I will launch a new forum to help those unfortunate victory veterans who need an agony aunt to speak to for help with a problem.

I could find myself a whole new carear :beer:

Face facts, your surrounded by 5 TAs, there can only be one outcome in this situation. You must declare war on everyone and expand in all directions, the air, the sea, the land.

Let's see, Des in Morocco vs 5 TAs, I'll take Des and the points.

Happy hunting mates.

:beer:

(Spongebob @ Jun 7 2007, 10:16 AM)
Face facts, your surrounded by 5 TAs, there can only be one outcome in this situation. You must declare war on everyone and expand in all directions, the air, the sea, the land.

Kurassier

Let's see, Des in Morocco vs 5 TAs, I'll take Des and the points.

Happy hunting mates.

I'll take Des, vs, the 5 ta's, and the central Ta group in europe, plus all the hot air Sponge Bob can blow. :beer:

So des, when you are done :nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke:

could you save some thing for the rest of us to do. :o

Cheers :cheers::cheers::cheers::drunk:

DezertCamel :robot:

So true Dezert, good call. :beer:

Des,

I would suggest skipping the lower Algerian provinces for now. Then later build a few mechs from your captured TransJordanian stockpiles to go clean them up later.

Cheers! :nuke:

Well Des as you have spoken with respect ( as it should be ) I will grant you this audience.

Face facts, your surrounded by 5 TAs, there can only be one outcome in this situation. You must declare war on everyone and expand in all directions, the air, the sea, the land. They will all see that your as mad as cheese and run away.

When you have made it all the way to Trans Jordan then we shall speak again upon such an occassion you will surrender to me and become my loyal servant.

Ah yes St M - It seems the world has finally come to respect the word of the Sponge. This has given me an Idea ( dont laugh ) I will launch a new forum to help those unfortunate victory veterans who need an agony aunt to speak to for help with a problem.

I could find myself a whole new carear :beer:

YES, I WILL DECLARE WAR ON EVERYONE.

YES, I WILL EXPAND IN ALL DIRECTIONS, AIR, SEA AND LAND.

YES, I WILL BE AS MAD AS CHEESE.

YES, I WILL FIGHT MY WAY TO TRANS JORDAN.

YES, I WILL SURRENDER TO THE SPONGE AND BECOME HIS LOYAL SERVANT.

YES, I WILL SERVE MY MASTER, THE SPONGE.