Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 80

DrFreud

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you like after my obvious defeat i will fly over to Berlin and do your files for you... oh wait a second, thats Danish land now isn' it????

Gutenmorgen,

Last time I saw danish troops in Berlin they were defeated by my Volkssturm (read LDB!). Worse they did not even fight but retreated right away. After taking the normal 5% damage. For more info on what's now danish land and more important, what's not, you'll have to read the latest battle reports.

And somehow I do not really trust you with my logistics. :cheers: Something tells me my arm pts will end up in strange locations.

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles!

Von Manstein

Well its time for a status report - German forces are at my door, the field commander knocked and I opened, he was most polite asking for permission to enter Amsterdam and if we would mind him pillaging for a few hours before suppressing the population under his mighty boot.

I thought for a moment and said oh go on then, if you must but could you please keep the noise down to a slight roar. He agreed and left.

Some hours later the French commander in the field called at my door and asked the same thing. I thought about it and gave him the same answer.

Well this was a few days ago and at this time no Germans or French have entered the city.

And the moral of the story is..... THEY ARE ALL CHICKEN AS THE CITY IF FORTIFIED AND EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD HAS A GUN.

I await the first army to bounce off my fortifications. :cheers:

Well its time for a status report - German forces are at my door, the field commander knocked and I opened, he was most polite asking for permission to enter Amsterdam and if we would mind him pillaging for a few hours before suppressing the population under his mighty boot.

I thought for a moment and said oh go on then, if you must but could you please keep the noise down to a slight roar. He agreed and left.

Some hours later the French commander in the field called at my door and asked the same thing. I thought about it and gave him the same answer.

Well this was a few days ago and at this time no Germans or French have entered the city.

And the moral of the story is..... THEY ARE ALL CHICKEN AS THE CITY IF FORTIFIED AND EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD HAS A GUN.

I await the first army to bounce off my fortifications. :blink:

Aaaah this prooves it's a great game!

LOL :ranting::cheers::blink::taz::robot:

Good luck!

For the first time in the game we are seeing french divisions in France. Too late though as Italy is defeated in southern France and I don't think France has the muscle to take it back.

Manstein you going to help these boys out or what, you wanted another crack at me anyway didn't you. Or do I need to drive to Berlin and tear down that swastika you are flying? :cheers:

Manstein you going to help these boys out or what, you wanted another crack at me anyway didn't you. Or do I need to drive to Berlin and tear down that swastika you are flying? :cheers:

Gutentag mister P,

Well I helped France before didn't I? Because of this assistance I now have war with Lowlands, Denmark and Iceland. And because of this assistance Lowlands and Denmark will soon be defeated.

To answer your question: Yes! I am gonna assist my allies. I gave 'm my word and I would rater die than break my promises. An trust me. Berlin is not the city you want... :blink:

And now I'l listen to a song. Marlene Dietrich if I'm correct: We'll meet again...

Adieu,

Erich von Manstein

Plenty of real estate in Germany for many nations to come and visit, its just a shame everyone allowed this dictator to con them and now they will pay the price. Only the Lowlands stood firm in the early days. If others had fought early then Lowlands could have saved the day.

Dark Monk please land in Itally and move north. You are welcome :blink:

I think Germany is going to be a risk for all of us. We should stop him now. Do you think there is a nice place for Egyptian special forces some where near Germany?

We do not fear Germany. We do not fear any one country at this point in the game. Germany will be dealt with in good time. First France and Italy must be finished off.

Dear Predator!

I think Germany is going to be a risk for all of us. We should stop him now. Do you think there is a nice place for Egyptian special forces some where near Germany? :cheers:

The Monk

Snif, snif... I smell fear! :cheers:

Thanks for the compliment my young Padawan. :blink:

I think Germany is going to be a risk for all of us. We should stop him now. Do you think there is a nice place for Egyptian special forces some where near Germany?

We do not fear Germany. We do not fear any one country at this point in the game. Germany will be dealt with in good time. First France and Italy must be finished off.

Sooooo many nice words from all of you. Danke!

I gave it some thought and here's the official standpoint from HQ Berlin:

Well we all have to die. All we can do is die with honour (around turn 60+) and make our enemies remember us. I'm sure Italy and France will do just that. Besides when I die/quit I will have to face Sponge again in a new game. Guess I'd rather fight against all odds than that! :cheers:

Happy hunting!

Von Manstein

Good point.....my youngest padawan. :cheers:

The Monk

Reaching that scary age this year. 4... 4... 4... :blink: 40! :cheers:

Guest Spongebob

Runour has it you will turn into ME upon reaching that milestone, chasing young girls, riding motor bikes, doing extreme sports, turning yellow, swimming with mermaids, reverting to the mind of a child age 9, oh what a glorious age :cheers: