Rolling Thunder Forums

Technology from EXPL hits

kukri65

Most items follow 3 x (techlevel)^2

75 (not sure on these, as I always got at least one breakthrough on these)

There are a few exceptions. (e.g. Advanced Fuel is 24 iirc)

Are you sure about that? Every 5th generation tech I am working on seems to cost 48.

The progression up to 48 seems right. 75 I have only experienced on Species Engineering

But only as prospect from early progression on it, before I got breakthroughs on it)

With weapons it seems that all higher versions cost only 48 RC.

How much a tech takes, you can extrapolate from the first dashes you get.

But its definitely not 36 RC.

Only 48 RC: that's almost 2 years in real life. I've come to accept it, but then stating "only"...

Well in later stages of the game you seldom research an item with your RCs. You research it with breaktrhoughs. I researched Tckon68 in 4 turns a 3 RCs, getting 6 Breakthroughs during the time. Hence the "only" and it is compared to 75! If the forumla would really be continued.

Are you sure about that? Every 5th generation tech I am working on seems to cost 48.

The progression up to 48 seems right. 75 I have only experienced on Species Engineering

But only as prospect from early progression on it, before I got breakthroughs on it)

I have double checked my research and unfortunately, every 4th genratuion tech I have I purchased out of SRP so I don't know the actual cost. However, I am far enough along in research on fifth generation weapons, engines and armour to see they all conform to a cost of 48.

For example, with no research bonus, I spent 1 turn on 1RC and 10 on 4RC on Mk III Fusion Engine. That means I added 21 points to the tech. If the cost is 48, I should have 43.75% done. If the cost is 75, I should have 28% done. My turn showed 8 progess -s.

I have double checked my research and unfortunately, every 4th genratuion tech I have I purchased out of SRP so I don't know the actual cost. However, I am far enough along in research on fifth generation weapons, engines and armour to see they all conform to a cost of 48.

For example, with no research bonus, I spent 1 turn on 1RC and 10 on 4RC on Mk III Fusion Engine. That means I added 21 points to the tech. If the cost is 48, I should have 43.75% done. If the cost is 75, I should have 28% done. My turn showed 8 progess -s.

Check second and third species engineering, please. All other stuff is 48 RCs.