Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 81

Kevin.C

Ummm...The North Americans are handleable...the Portugese too. Alas (for them) they star so far away..besides, there is only 3 of them...they will have to bring in more countries if they think they can conquer Ireland. (of course, they have started out doing well...)

Long Live Hibernia!

Slicer McGee

Yes there are only 3 but we carry big sticks! The Canadians have landed on the shores of Irland. Our Mounties are on there way to clean up the squalor of Dublin.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the Canadians borrow ideas from the Confederacy, Flags under the avatar :beer: I'm sure we can get some compensation for that from somewhere :beer:

I see the Canadians borrow ideas from the Confederacy, Flags under the avatar :beer: I'm sure we can get some compensation for that from somewhere :beer:

Sorry Mr. 71 b.c. Roman slave & insurrectionist, you might have a harder time than you think.

Under the Berne Convention, you can only get compensation for your idea if it has commercially marketable value...otherwise, here is the colloquy,

You: "Hey! They stole my idea!"

Court: "Yes. Ok. I see that. What sort of monetary harm did you suffer?"

You: "Hey! But that was MY idea!"

Court: "OK. Yes. I see that, but you may only be compensated if your idea had monetary value and you can prove it."

You: "You mean, if I get the great idea to go grocery shopping and someone steals my idea by going grocery shopping too, that I can't sue them for stealing my idea?"

Court: "No. I'm sorry. You cannot"

You: "But that's not fair! Somebody oughta change that law."

Court: "Next case, please."

etc...

Hows about this then.....

Me: "Hey! They stole my idea!"

Court: "Yes. Ok. I see that. What sort of monetary harm did you suffer?"

Me: "Hey! But that was MY idea!"

Court: "OK. Yes. I see that, but you may only be compensated if your idea had monetary value and you can prove it."

Me: "You mean, if I get the great idea to go grocery shopping and someone steals my idea by going grocery shopping too, that I can't sue them for stealing my idea?"

Court: "No. I'm sorry. You cannot"

Me: "But that's not fair! Somebody oughta change that law."

Court: "Next case, please."

Me: "But wait a mo there hombre, you see this gun pointing to your head, does this change the law?, does it make a difference to your judgement."

Court: "Yes, Yes it does. The court rules in your favour, the court offers an unreserved apology and finds the other guy guilty"

Me: "Thanks" :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello -lo -lo -lo -lo .......?????

Everyone too busy hacking and slashing? Or has everyone else quit and gone home?

There is a fine little dust-up going on in the Irish Sea around (and on) Ireland right now..... Anything else happening?

Everyone too busy hacking and slashing? Or has everyone else quit and gone home?

There is a fine little dust-up going on in the Irish Sea around (and on) Ireland right now..... Anything else happening?

The confederacy mosquitos are still trying to spread their plague, and we are here to stop them. ;)

The confederacy mosquitos are still trying to spread their plague, and we are here to stop them. :ph34r:

Your gonna have to do better than talk about it if you want to stop our advance ;)

Ummm...The North Americans are handleable...the Portugese too. Alas (for them) they start so far away..besides, there is only 3 of them...they will have to bring in more countries if they think they can conquer Ireland. (of course, they have started out doing well...)

Long Live Hibernia!

Slicer McGee

Yes there are only 3 but we carry big sticks! The Canadians have landed on the shores of Irland. Our Mounties are on there way to clean up the squalor of Dublin.

Dublin has a bunch of new paint after the 'big sticks' shelling it received.

Appreciate you giving me the oppportunity for some industrial 'reorganization.'

If you give me some lead time, next time, I can prepare a much warmer welcome.

Oh, and sorry that the 20,000 CB points that hit xDublin had too few targets.... :ranting:

Still Safe ;) ,

Slicer McGee

Ummm...The North Americans are handleable...the Portugese too. Alas (for them) they start so far away..besides, there is only 3 of them...they will have to bring in more countries if they think they can conquer Ireland. (of course, they have started out doing well...)

Long Live Hibernia!

Slicer McGee

Oh, and sorry that the 20,000 CB points that hit xDublin had too few targets.... :ranting:

Still Safe ;) ,

Slicer McGee

Gee, Slice, ya think I had anything to do with that?

Long Live Hibernia!

Slicer McGee

Oh, and sorry that the 20,000 CB points that hit xDublin had too few targets.... :robot:

Still Safe :ranting: ,

Slicer McGee

I'm not sure, but I don't have any evidence of a British bombardment of xDublin...except a milllion years ago when I lost a popular pub and half of a parking lot...but I think that was a Japanese Sub who thought that Dublin as "horrywood"...it IS 1941, isn't it?

Actually, the heavy lifting remodeling came from munitions made in Pembroke and Coimbra (at least that's what some of the UEX shell casings read). So, no...the British paint removal had nominal effect.

Of course, now I know how London felt this Spring. ;)

Everyone's Favorite Leprechaun

Slicer McGee

Long Live Hibernia!

Slicer McGee

Oh, and sorry that the 20,000 CB points that hit xDublin had too few targets.... :robot:

Still Safe :ranting: ,

Slicer McGee

I'm not sure, but I don't have any evidence of a British bombardment of xDublin...except a milllion years ago when I lost a popular pub and half of a parking lot...but I think that was a Japanese Sub who thought that Dublin as "horrywood"...it IS 1941, isn't it?

Actually, the heavy lifting remodeling came from munitions made in Pembroke and Coimbra (at least that's what some of the UEX shell casings read). So, no...the British paint removal had nominal effect.

Of course, now I know how London felt this Spring. ;)

Everyone's Favorite Leprechaun

Slicer McGee

LOL As well as how Iceland's fleet felt after they bombarded xLondon.

RECENT WORLD EVENTS

Finland has conquered xLeningrad from Northern Russia

Has Hell frozen over?? Am I reading the World Events correctly? Did the Confederacy actually take another countries capitol? Wow, I must be losing it. :P

-PanzerGeneral, Conqueror of the Rednas

Yeah, with a little softening up by the British Baltic Fleet. Hey, Kurrasier...or whatever. I hear xRiga has LOTS of room now.

RECENT WORLD EVENTS

Finland has conquered xLeningrad from Northern Russia

Has Hell frozen over?? Am I reading the World Events correctly? Did the Confederacy actually take another countries capitol? Wow, I must be losing it. :P

-PanzerGeneral, Conqueror of the Rednas

Leningrad is the easy one... Moscow on the other hand :drunk: