Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 83

Guest Spongebob

Good thing Iraq put up no resistance, Funny how that happened

You would have to ask Iraq. There have been implications (tunisia) re: turkey as well. Neither I nor Persia even knows the persons playing Iraq nor Turkey. Heaven forbid the Persian player is actually good at what he is doing. OOOOHHH NO Iraq has fallen, Persia must have cheated, must be collusion. Wrong on all counts. Persia had a great plan for taking out Iraq, and it worked. Maybe Iraq was a newbie or spongebob, I don't know and don't care. THE PLAN HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH KNOWING THE OPPONENT. Why is it that when someone does well, people want to assume he did it improperly?

I know there are people out there who will do unethical things (such a running 2 nations through a puppet) and I will not associate with such people. I am personally offended that someone would accuse me of 'running' another nation, or anything of that sort. I just won't do it, even if it is offered to me.

I enjoy working well with my TAs (glad you liked the Hampdens, when is Egypt coming?), just ask anybody I've worked with in the past. If I win, great, if I lose, well at least I will of had fun. :):cheers::):ph34r:

Kurassier

One of the last? of the ethical warriors

I never questioned YOUR ethics. You're not benefiting directly.

I can think for myself. I don't need Tunisia (?) or anyone else to to show me the obvious. Why would I listen to an enemy? I don't believe SpongeBob would fold that completely or easily.

I have first hand knowledge of Persia's competence to execute a great battle plan. There is difference between a great battle plan and what has happened in this game. I'm sure he executed the same plan against me in 69. I retook cities and I was a newbie. Iraq couldn't , didn't? Yeah :cheers:

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think for myself. I don't need Tunisia (?) or anyone else to to show me the obvious. Why would I listen to an enemy? I don't believe SpongeBob would fold that completely or easily.

I have first hand knowledge of Persia's competence to execute a great battle plan. There is difference between a great battle plan and what has happened in this game. I'm sure he executed the same plan against me in 69. I retook cities and I was a newbie. Iraq couldn't , didn't? Yeah :)

First, good to know.

Second, not that you were 'listening' to Tunisia, it's just that he was making the same allegation in reference to Turkey.

Third, quick acquisition is not unusual depending on the timing. There are about 3 to 4 turns from when someone drops to the time the AI takes over. If one moves quickly, a lot of territory can be captured with minimal resistance. Such as what must have happened in Iraq.

Finally, didn't realize you were in Vic 69. I was Morocco in that one. :)

Slugging it out with Persia throwing right hooks :cheers:

Nice air force Persia has

That's what TAs are for! :ph34r:

Here is an Intel update from Southern Russia:

"Turkey continues to push north with a large army while Persia takes his vital cities away from him using small groups in the area around Batman. Turkey is clearly not his own player."

Yes, inquiring minds truly want to know. <--- apparently an accusation! geeze grow some skin Persia.

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

Its so nice to see all these battles raging across the middle east I would just like to ask now that I have lost control of my estates in that region is there any chance we can sign a peace deal? Pointless us being at war and lets face it our empire across the world is not what it used to be.

Yes, inquiring minds truly want to know. <--- apparently an accusation!

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

That sounds almost like the same thing that is happening in Algeria, Tunisia moves through Algeria with no enemy in sight while Algeria attacks the poor peace loving people of Morocco, yes "inquiring minds do want to know"

Sweeper

Here is an Intel update from Morocco:

"Algeria continues to push west with a large army while Tunisia takes his vital cities away from him using small groups in the area around Algiers. Algeria is clearly not his own player."

Yes, inquiring minds truly want to know.

:beer:

------------

Thanks Sweeper, well put. :cheers:

Here is an Intel update from Southern Russia:

"Turkey continues to push north with a large army while Persia takes his vital cities away from him using small groups in the area around Batman. Turkey is clearly not his own player."

Yes, inquiring minds truly want to know. <--- apparently an accusation! geeze grow some skin Persia.

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

Let's see, Turkey and Southern Russia are at war, and their armies are engaged. Persia then declares war on Turkey. Apparently Turkey is now required to pull back its troops engaged with Southern Russia and defend against Persia. I'm sure Southern Russia would then just sit there and wait until Persia and Turkey are done fighting. Sounds like someone is upset that they didn't get the chance to use the back door and have to fight the bulk of Turkey's armies at the present. :D

I personally don't know Turkey's army dispositions, but how do you know he isn't building some troops in central turkey, or around Ankara? Maybe he decided he couldn't get troops to the Batman area in time to be effective? to answer your question, Turkey/Iraq is not nor has ever been a puppet of Persia in this game.

I for one don't even know the names of the people running them. Guess you'd have to ask them.

:cheers::beer::thumbsup:

I have first hand knowledge of Persia's competence to execute a great battle plan. There is difference between a great battle plan and what has happened in this game. I'm sure he executed the same plan against me in 69. I retook cities and I was a newbie. Iraq couldn't , didn't? Yeah :beer:

First, good to know.

Second, not that you were 'listening' to Tunisia, it's just that he was making the same allegation in reference to Turkey.

Third, quick acquisition is not unusual depending on the timing. There are about 3 to 4 turns from when someone drops to the time the AI takes over. If one moves quickly, a lot of territory can be captured with minimal resistance. Such as what must have happened in Iraq.

Finally, didn't realize you were in Vic 69. I was Morocco in that one. :beer:

Slugging it out with Persia throwing right hooks :D

Nice air force Persia has

That's what TAs are for! :thumbsup:

Yes, I knew you were in that game. I asked for the start-up for Southern Russia from you.

You declined as Southern was a TA.

You've defended Persia's reputation well. It's up to those to believe what they will.

Sorry, I've already made up my mind.

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

That sounds almost like the same thing that is happening in Algeria, Tunisia moves through Algeria with no enemy in sight while Algeria attacks the poor peace loving people of Morocco, yes "inquiring minds do want to know"

Sweeper

LOL Sweeper you forgot to add the part about how I'm rolling across your territory unopposed! Maybe YOU don't really exist either. :beer:

I think enough people in this game know who Des Feeney (Algeria's player) is. He took a big gamble in his war with me and attacked Morocco first. It took me four turns to break my NAP, a couple more and Des' gamble would doubtless have paid off well for him.

I feel the need to set the record straight about Turkey and Southern Russia since I have seen the battle reports myself and the history is being twisted by Syria to deflect and twist what is being said. I'm sure he has good reason to do so.

Southern Russia DW Turkey on turn 6 but Southern didn't move. On turn 7 he attacked a single no population province in northern Turkey.

On turn 8 Persia attacked both Turkey and Saudi Arabia having completely creamed Iraq in about four turns... apparently Iraq had no defenses at all and his TA Turkey did nothing as Persia eliminated Turkey. As he is rolling into Saudi, Persia also sends a small force into Turkey through Syria and takes Mardin. On turn 8 Southern Russia captured the city in the no population province plus a minor agricultural province from Turkey.

On turn 9 Persia captures xMardin from Turkey. Turkey meanwhile ignores Persia's DW and capture of Mardin the previous turn and moves his Panzers against Southern Russia, ignoring the invasion of his large cities by Persia. Persia also takes Batman and the area around it this turn

On turn 10 Turkey continues his offensive against Southern Russia, although he has no territiry at risk in the north . Persia captures xBatman and presses his pace to take the industrial centers unopposed in eastern Turkey exactly repeating the pattern started in Iraq.

Yeah, sounds like an open and shut case of brilliant tactics to me. No doubt about it. :beer:

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

Sweeper

G'DAY, ALGERIA HERE.

YES, AS I CONTINUE INTO MOROCCO IN THE WEST, TUNISIA (AND PERHAPS, LIBYA) PLUNGES DEEPER INTO ALGERIA IN THE EAST.

I THINK I AM BEING CONTROLLED BY SPACE ALIENS.

PROF. FRINK IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON A GADGET TO FREE MY MIND.

THEN MAYBE THE SITUATION IN THE EAST WILL IMPROVE FOR ME.

CHEERS

Thanks fot the intel my dear Tunisian friend, how many panzers are at the agricultural province at the border of South? (yes we made some SIM TC missions and know what you are talking about)

Looks like my tactics worked well, waiting for South to attack and then attack as well while his armies are engaded in the north. He didn't see me coming without any TA's left took him 2 turns to notice me and mountains and hills will prevent him to be back in time, mwhahahah :beer:

I still think it was a brilliant plan, let's see what happends next on this forum.

Starting to get interesting. So South shares his battle reports with Tunisia......looks like he has puppets all over the board. I wonder what Cental and North have to say about this or are they his servants as well.....inquiring minds want to know :beer:

LOL Sweeper you forgot to add the part about how I'm rolling across your territory unopposed! Maybe YOU don't really exist either. :beer:

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

"Rolling across youry territory unopposed" yes that is an interesting way to describe things of course with 5 nations having DWed me my options are limited maybe similar to Turkey? There must be something wrong you are rolling across Italy and Algeria with no enemy so there must be a fix in or could it be that Turkey felt your friend Southern was a bigger long term problem with all his allies it seems like his group of five and your group of five are the real game threat? Then what do I know poor Italy with 3 countries rolling across me.

Sweeper

Guest Spongebob

Enough - Enough I say, lets not forget the Central European Powers - The middle east is a pointless war, lets talk about the Monk, his cronies and his imploding country.

Monk is doomed :beer: I think, can anyone tell me if he has lost any land yet, he cannot be expanding.

MONK MUST DIE :beer:

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

Sweeper

LOL Sweeper you forgot to add the part about how I'm rolling across your territory unopposed! Maybe YOU don't really exist either. :P

I think enough people in this game know who Des Feeney (Algeria's player) is. He took a big gamble in his war with me and attacked Morocco first. It took me four turns to break my NAP, a couple more and Des' gamble would doubtless have paid off well for him.

I feel the need to set the record straight about Turkey and Southern Russia since I have seen the battle reports myself and the history is being twisted by Syria to deflect and twist what is being said. I'm sure he has good reason to do so.

Southern Russia DW Turkey on turn 6 but Southern didn't move. On turn 7 he attacked a single no population province in northern Turkey.

On turn 8 Persia attacked both Turkey and Saudi Arabia having completely creamed Iraq in about four turns... apparently Iraq had no defenses at all and his TA Turkey did nothing as Persia eliminated Turkey. As he is rolling into Saudi, Persia also sends a small force into Turkey through Syria and takes Mardin. On turn 8 Southern Russia captured the city in the no population province plus a minor agricultural province from Turkey.

On turn 9 Persia captures xMardin from Turkey. Turkey meanwhile ignores Persia's DW and capture of Mardin the previous turn and moves his Panzers against Southern Russia, ignoring the invasion of his large cities by Persia. Persia also takes Batman and the area around it this turn

On turn 10 Turkey continues his offensive against Southern Russia, although he has no territiry at risk in the north . Persia captures xBatman and presses his pace to take the industrial centers unopposed in eastern Turkey exactly repeating the pattern started in Iraq.

Yeah, sounds like an open and shut case of brilliant tactics to me. No doubt about it. :)

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia

G'DAY TUNISIA

HEY, DON'T WRITE ALGERIA OFF YET.

IT'S NOT EASY FIGHTING A TWO-FRONT WAR.

YOU'VE HAD A DREAM RUN UNTIL RECENTLY.

ON OUR FIRST REAL CONFRONTATION, YOU BOUNCED!

THEN YOU TRIUMPHED AND CAPTURED xALGIERS.

BUT I'M NOT OUT OF THE GAME YET.

AFTER I CAPTURE THE 3 REMAINING MAJOR CITIES IN MOROCCO, THEN I WILL BE ABLE TO BRING THE FULL FORCE OF ALGERIA AGAINST YOU AND LIBYA.

THEN WE SHALL SEE.

BY THE WAY, I CAN CONFIRM THAT PERSIA'S CONQUESTS WERE ACHIEVED HONESTLY AND WITH SOUND TACTICS AND STRATEGY.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO COLLUSION BETWEEN PERSIA ON THE ONE HAND AND IRAQ, SAUDI, S. RUSSIA AND TURKEY ON THE OTHER.

CHEERS AND GOOD GAMING

G'DAY TUNISIA

HEY, DON'T WRITE ALGERIA OFF YET.

IT'S NOT EASY FIGHTING A TWO-FRONT WAR.

YOU'VE HAD A DREAM RUN UNTIL RECENTLY.

ON OUR FIRST REAL CONFRONTATION, YOU BOUNCED!

THEN YOU TRIUMPHED AND CAPTURED xALGIERS.

BUT I'M NOT OUT OF THE GAME YET.

AFTER I CAPTURE THE 3 REMAINING MAJOR CITIES IN MOROCCO, THEN I WILL BE ABLE TO BRING THE FULL FORCE OF ALGERIA AGAINST YOU AND LIBYA.

THEN WE SHALL SEE.

BY THE WAY, I CAN CONFIRM THAT PERSIA'S CONQUESTS WERE ACHIEVED HONESTLY AND WITH SOUND TACTICS AND STRATEGY.

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO COLLUSION BETWEEN PERSIA ON THE ONE HAND AND IRAQ, SAUDI, S. RUSSIA AND TURKEY ON THE OTHER.

CHEERS AND GOOD GAMING

I certainly shan't rule you out Des, I know you are an experienced player and I am far from being out of the woods, or is it the dunes??

Sweeper, if the fix is in then you must be part of the fix by your own reasoning. Are you the fixer??? :P Odd reasoning that the lion eating your guts would be less a threat than the allegedly bigger lion that's somewhere in the woods. By the way, by my last count you had four people attacking you since Monk declared war on Italy too. That must have been disappointing, eh?

Spongie, I agree, it's not really all that big a deal what happens in North Africa. Middle East maybe a bit more so. From what I've heard Monk is far from doomed. More like hiding behind his other allies.

Race Pilsner

Dey of Tunisia