Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 86

Rogue Leader

I'm dealing with your mines every turn, what more can you do? Your subs will be a problem, but I know how to deal with them.

If you think my subs are your worst problem, then you might want to pack some additional life vests. Dealings with subs is easy, really. Frankly, I only used them for patrolling, and was surprised that they sunk so many transports.

As for mines, I just checked my order sheets. The last mines I layed were in turn 28, early June. It was just not on my radar anymore. But now that you remind me, I gladly lay some more for you. Just wondering, how come you still cleaning them? Please don't tell me "oh, it must be some TA who layed them". I looked up the orders of my TA too. The last mines layed by any of my TA where in the NOR10, in June, turn 30. Just as a reminder, it is now turn 33.

As for Yugo, I must salute him, since he is a good player (in fact I must admit he is a better player then me, well, at least I'm learning a few new tricks). Indeed I suffered some loses, though nothing as dramatic as you seem to think. I also made a few mistakes, causing certain orders to cancel. I'm just pleased to see that he makes mistakes too. Like failing to detroy my decoys in Zagreb. Those were canon fodder, never expected them to live. Well, Yugoslavia is most welcome to come and kill them next turn, if he dares so. (muffled laughter).

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need them for use in Calais, or maybe Hamburg. Yea, Hamburg would be better.

Germany is looking better and better.

Now that would be funny if it wouldn't be so pathetic.

Dear Rogue Leader, you have been beaten in Austria, then you have been beaten in Switzerland. Now if you like to be beaten in Great Britain, by all mean, have a shot.

Why don't you come and examine the defenses in Hamburg for yourself? I be happy to blast whatever naval force GB has left to smithereens. Or do you rather want to deploy that puny force you moved to the Baltic Sea?

I was beaten in Austria. Very well done by the Czech player.

I was given a losing position in Switzerland. My delay in taking Switzerland by one turn sealed my fate. There was NOTHING I could have done to change that situation. I siphoned all the money out I could before giving it up. Given Marteens history, was it done intentionally? I'd like to think not. I like Marteen, though I don't know him well.

You have too many concerns in the east. It will take several turns to replace what you have lost recently. There can't be that many divisions in the west. Many will be needed to prop up Poland as Central continues to roll through him. I will be to you with Great Britain what you were to me in Austria. Not the deciding force, but just enough of a hinderance to be someone that can't be ignored. I'm dealing with your mines every turn, what more can you do? Your subs will be a problem, but I know how to deal with them.

Thanks again for the praise <_< I've been butting heads with Yugoslavia for a while now. Like you, he's a great player, has shown me some nice tricks, but it seems that he has been defeated now by the combined forces of Czech and Germany.

It shouldn't take long now to roll up Yugoslavia completely, and allow us to focus our energy elsewhere.

I'm dealing with your mines every turn, what more can you do? Your subs will be a problem, but I know how to deal with them.

If you think my subs are your worst problem, then you might want to pack some additional life vests. Dealings with subs is easy, really. Frankly, I only used them for patrolling, and was surprised that they sunk so many transports.

As for mines, I just checked my order sheets. The last mines I layed were in turn 28, early June. It was just not on my radar anymore. But now that you remind me, I gladly lay some more for you. Just wondering, how come you still cleaning them? Please don't tell me "oh, it must be some TA who layed them". I looked up the orders of my TA too. The last mines layed by any of my TA where in the NOR10, in June, turn 30. Just as a reminder, it is now turn 33.

As for Yugo, I must salute him, since he is a good player (in fact I must admit he is a better player then me, well, at least I'm learning a few new tricks). Indeed I suffered some loses, though nothing as dramatic as you seem to think. I also made a few mistakes, causing certain orders to cancel. I'm just pleased to see that he makes mistakes too. Like failing to detroy my decoys in Zagreb. Those were canon fodder, never expected them to live. Well, Yugoslavia is most welcome to come and kill them next turn, if he dares so. (muffled laughter).

Must be France and company with the mines, or not. 200 sweepers take care of a lot of mines.

You must not have gotten a turn back lately to say that the loses weren't dramatic. Only once have I racked up so many kills in one turn. Very impressive. Don is a competent player. He makes his mistakes, but his play is strong. You have probably seen his play drop a bit the past few turns. I'm surprised to see him continue to play with the personal issues he had. That will end soon. Will he fall first or Poland?

Get your turn back? The loses were DRAMATIC! A fifth of your forces?

47 base levels and 7600 air points destroyed is what I call dramatic. 6 or 7 turns of production is dramatic!

With 36 divisions in Yugoslavia how many can you in the west?

47 base levels and 7600 air points destroyed is what I call dramatic. 6 or 7 turns of production is dramatic!

With 36 divisions in Yugoslavia how many can you in the west?

Another 6K in loses. Central Europe is soon to be a free fly zone. Hamburg becomes more and more appealing

the Algerian navy has been underated the entire game. they are largely responsible for allowing france to survive. with over 29000 ship points of ireland ,britain, and iceland resting at the bottom of the atlantic.. they also single handedly wiped out the iceland bombers and fighters at brest.

add to that the devestation at crete and beirut and you begin to see how fearless the algeria navy is. there is no where they wont go to help our allies.. perhaps a visit to suez is in order?......

the Algerian navy has been underated the entire game. they are largely responsible for allowing france to survive. with over 29000 ship points of ireland ,britain, and iceland resting at the bottom of the atlantic.. they also single handedly wiped out the iceland bombers and fighters at brest.

add to that the devestation at crete and beirut and you begin to see how fearless the algeria navy is. there is no where they wont go to help our allies.. perhaps a visit to suez is in order?......

Credit where credit is due. The Algerian Navy has been devastating to the Island nations.

I would agree that they turned the tide in France. Italian ground forces were a huge help along with a miss timed attacked by the first Swiss player.

Can anyone give us details on the war in Spain/France?

I think you got it - NOTHING

No provinces have changed hands in quite awhile.

Most of the boarder is owned by Germany.

France would never attack his best bud Germany.

I am kind of curious what effect my alliance's war with the Africans have had on their pressure of Spain and co. Spain is not a TA, but it is interesting to see how wars on one continent influence other continents.

- Turkey 88