Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

2250 air points? i dont think i made that many points in the whole game...

I must be doing something wrong...

but then again i knew i would be going to do things wrong, like that lone mech that crossed the desert and reached the red sea, only to find out that there is something called fuel...

I have now build a transport to bring the brave mech some :cheers: fuel, but they cost several turns of air points production.

Were not related are we? :)

Hey Spongie, you still playing? Do you not owe me some scotch?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now build a transport to bring the brave mech some :) fuel, but they cost several turns of air points production.

"Running out of fuel in the middle of Arabia ?"

A Sponge is very good in absoring and retaining liquids.

"They say he is afraid of birds, and that he has threee nipple"s.

We only know he is not the Sponge, but

he is the Sponge's Iraqi cousin! "

Good luck with Kurassier. A pesky mosquito in your hide, with him keeping the fight in the ruins of his allies country.

Don't know about ruins, all I've seen in Saudi is sand. Don't forget Mr. Falco, I am also fighting Persia, in Persia itself. :cheers:

and, who are you calling a mosquito! :) but you know, I am from Texas, and mosquitos down here are about the size of a german Tiger.... :ranting::cheers::cheers:

Good luck with Kurassier. A pesky mosquito in your hide, with him keeping the fight in the ruins of his allies country.

Don't know about ruins, all I've seen in Saudi is sand. Don't forget Mr. Falco, I am also fighting Persia, in Persia itself. :cheers:

and, who are you calling a mosquito! :) but you know, I am from Texas, and mosquitos down here are about the size of a german Tiger.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Lol. Indeed, your fighting in Persia was the pesky part I was referring to. All those valuable empty provinces where nothing is to be found. :ranting:

Be they the size of german Tigers (as in those nice tanks the germans have) you could really do some harm. Alas, all that can be found are some stranded marines. How are those persian beaches anyways? :cheers:

Kurassier,

I wouldn't call those marines mosquito's.

Midges would be a more appropriate title. They are irritarting, require some attention, tie down significant resources I would prefer to commit somewhere else and impede upon the further development of the Persian economy. (well, not very much). And they scare off tourists.

They are doomed, however. They require far less ARM and AIR to destroy as to build. Each MARINE in Persia is another MOTOR missing in the Saudian desert, where they are sorely missed. A few more divisions could have meant a succesfull counterattack on Tanura.

But I guess their real value is for propaganda.

"Look: noble civilians of the UAE. We are fighting on Persian soil! We haven crushed another Persian army (ldb) so we are winning this war! Buy War Bonds!" They do have some entertainment value and are providing good moving targets to shoot at. Some kind of Live Fire Excercise.

There is some discussion over strategy over here: should we interdict your fleet to stop this nuisance?

Better not to do this. The Persian high command does not trust its navy and, as said, each MARINE in Persia is another MOTOR missing in the Saudian desert.

<OOC>I am keeping a kind of diary on this war, with all the things that went as planned, things that went wrong, surprising moves by you and Fastfreddie and wrong assumptions on our part. When I publish them I hope you would be so kind to comment on them.</OOC>

Hihihi

Now you're in zhe city. With my SS Panzers just arrived in the province. You are stuck und will die there. Nice 2k Arm points, thank you for zhat. Too bad about those HS123's but since the Ju88 has arrived theay had outlived their usefullness anyhow.

Till the last drop. Looking forward to our next batlle!

Am I? I never thought of that, Guess I better surrender then? :python:

Hmmm you could allways scrap those divisions... :unsure:

Zhat way I don't score an easy 2k arm points.

Kurassier,

I wouldn't call those marines mosquito's.

Midges would be a more appropriate title. They are irritarting, require some attention, tie down significant resources I would prefer to commit somewhere else and impede upon the further development of the Persian economy. (well, not very much). And they scare off tourists.

They are doomed, however. They require far less ARM and AIR to destroy as to build. Each MARINE in Persia is another MOTOR missing in the Saudian desert, where they are sorely missed. A few more divisions could have meant a succesfull counterattack on Tanura.

Ahh, I see you are either underestimating me or are seriously underinformed. :unsure: That is good! :cheers:

Note my emphasis above, and the only somewhere else would be against me. Of course, have you checked your northern border yet? Hmmmm?? :cheers::python:

OH, and sure, I'll comment. :unsure::drunk:

Hihihi

Now you're in zhe city. With my SS Panzers just arrived in the province. You are stuck und will die there. Nice 2k Arm points, thank you for zhat. Too bad about those HS123's but since the Ju88 has arrived theay had outlived their usefullness anyhow.

Till the last drop. Looking forward to our next batlle!

Am I? I never thought of that, Guess I better surrender then? :python:

Hmmm you could allways scrap those divisions... :unsure:

Zhat way I don't score an easy 2k arm points.

I could but I dont want to make it easy for you now do I, let me see what I can come up with for a final throw of the dice :unsure: Does anyone want to throw me some intel on Innsbruck just so I know if the General is bluffing? If he is then I am so going to make Him pay for invading the fertile sheep rearing mountains of Switzerland

Ahh, I see you are either underestimating me or are seriously underinformed. :unsure: That is good! :unsure:

Note my emphasis above, and the only somewhere else would be against me. Of course, have you checked your northern border yet? Hmmmm?? :drunk::python:

You're absolutely right. Iraq can probably handle you with ease now, without my assistance. Thanks for the warning!

Always good to watch my back, especially when warned by an adversary.

Do you mind if Persia continues to use UAE troops and bases for target practice until the moment the "dagger in the back" appears on stage?

I could but I dont want to make it easy for you now do I, let me see what I can come up with for a final throw of the dice :python: Does anyone want to throw me some intel on Innsbruck just so I know if the General is bluffing? If he is then I am so going to make Him pay for invading the fertile sheep rearing mountains of Switzerland

Fertile?! :unsure: FERTILE?!?!?!?! :unsure::drunk::cheers: All zhose lovely mountain Alps with Edelweiss thingies und you built lvl 10 industry!!! Everything is polluted, producing arm points und ammo. No place for my sheep. Shame on you! Save the earth, think green, build ADL!

Now back to those sheep in xInnsbruck. Hmm zhey must be getting pretty low on fuel nicht? You can run (can Mtn divs run???) but you can't hide. Vell I have other targets, euh business, to attend to.

Adieu

Von Manstein

I could but I dont want to make it easy for you now do I, let me see what I can come up with for a final throw of the dice :python: Does anyone want to throw me some intel on Innsbruck just so I know if the General is bluffing? If he is then I am so going to make Him pay for invading the fertile sheep rearing mountains of Switzerland

Fertile?! :unsure: FERTILE?!?!?!?! :unsure::drunk::cheers: All zhose lovely mountain Alps with Edelweiss thingies und you built lvl 10 industry!!! Everything is polluted, producing arm points und ammo. No place for my sheep. Shame on you! Save the earth, think green, build ADL!

Now back to those sheep in xInnsbruck. Hmm zhey must be getting pretty low on fuel nicht? You can run (can Mtn divs run???) but you can't hide. Vell I have other targets, euh business, to attend to.

Adieu

Von Manstein

Yes the question is - Who is next General? Now you have taken over Switzerland who will feel the weight of your boots on their land? especially as your going to have to take the long way home.

Adieu

Von Manstein

Yes the question is - Who is next General? Now you have taken over Switzerland who will feel the weight of your boots on their land? especially as your going to have to take the long way home.

Well somebody volunteired for that! gave his country to the first who would come. So as we say: Letz go...

At least chasing you he is already moving in the right direction... or better yet start moving south in to the mountains..that way you are guaranteed to run out of food for the soldiers...are they complaining already?

B

You're absolutely right. Iraq can probably handle you with ease now, without my assistance. Thanks for the warning!

Always good to watch my back, especially when warned by an adversary.

Do you mind if Persia continues to use UAE troops and bases for target practice until the moment the "dagger in the back" appears on stage?

Yes, Iraq can handle me with ease now. You should go somewhere else and play since I am just a minor irritant, or midge if you will.

And yes, I do mind you silly english kaniggit, if you use me for target practice. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberry, now go away before I taunt you a second time. :python::unsure: