Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

I got some T34 on order, been saving up my pennies. The hungarian potatoe farmers have had a bumper crop from the Czechoslovakian fields we anexed. Sold at market they have turned into tanks.

Good. Apparently, your advantage of having all secure borders and invading with Poland and Germany hasn't been enough. Maybe T-34s will be the trick. Really, you are going to face the same fate as the Sponge, it will just take longer. At least you send me tanks instead of horses.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time is near. The moment we've all been waiting for. The secretive, yet forceful neighbors...The Russians!

My source says that the Russians will soon be joining the European landscape very soon. The addition of several new T-34s into Central Europe is going to change things a little bit.

They are headed in the wrong direction. They should be headed south. Hey, Russians! We have vodka waiting!!! :ranting::rolleyes::cheers:

Do not despair!

There wil be lots and lots of Persian and Iraqi T-34's going south real soon! Seems that someone is handing out free wodka......

The time is near. The moment we've all been waiting for. The secretive, yet forceful neighbors...The Russians!

My source says that the Russians will soon be joining the European landscape very soon. The addition of several new T-34s into Central Europe is going to change things a little bit.

They are headed in the wrong direction. They should be headed south. Hey, Russians! We have vodka waiting!!! :ranting::rolleyes::cheers:

Do not despair!

There wil be lots and lots of Persian and Iraqi T-34's going south real soon! Seems that someone is handing out free wodka......

Dag, be sure to color in all of the former Spongistan next time you do a map, it is all gone now except East Prussia.

Do not despair!

LOL Remember Chekov in that Star Trek movie, with the whales? "Where are your nuclear wessels?"

Great move my czech friend. Threatening xVienna. Keep moving, keep moving! Guess Hungary now has a clear path. Please do me a favor und take xVienna. :rolleyes:

Aaaah if only you would have done a TAS on the city you would know what is there... Or near. Take xVienna und get locked there? Take xVienna and risk a bloody nose? Move further while Hungary takes a walk in Czecho?

xParis must be nice in spring.

Adieu,

Von Manstein

LOL Remember Chekov in that Star Trek movie, with the whales? "Where are your nuclear wessels?"

I was actually living in Monterey when they filmed Star Trek IV at the Monterey Bay Aquarium...(and other, uninteresting - read non-Monterey - areas)

THAT was one excellent school year!!!

Great move my czech friend. Threatening xVienna. Keep moving, keep moving! Guess Hungary now has a clear path. Please do me a favor und take xVienna. :thumbsup:

Aaaah if only you would have done a TAS on the city you would know what is there... Or near. Take xVienna und get locked there? Take xVienna and risk a bloody nose? Move further while Hungary takes a walk in Czecho?

Adieu,

Von Manstein

Me Qui I can confirm as i am currently on reconnesence in Paris... :cheers:

Mario, dulce d Italy

I was actually living in Monterey when they filmed Star Trek IV at the Monterey Bay Aquarium...(and other, uninteresting - read non-Monterey - areas)

THAT was one excellent school year!!!

The last time I was in Monterey, Fort Ord was still an active post.

That would not be very nice. I'll keep a watchful eye. :thumbsup:

Lots of fun in europe it seems. As I seem to be running out of provinces in Egypt, might as well see if I can join the fun up north. Where did you want my coastal bombardments aimed again Dageraad? So I can show what real damage can be done with ships, instead of letting kurrasier use them as target practice. Haven't seen those dive bombers quit some time now, or have I missed something? Oh Yeah, no more persian munition dumps floating around.

One serious disadvantage for the russians, all green and line troops, if they enter the fight. But the ammount of troops and planes they could have, with theirhuge economies. To start with 550 population. Wow. Image all those troops and planes running around, with T34 for the armored support.

Lots of fun in europe it seems. As I seem to be running out of provinces in Egypt, might as well see if I can join the fun up north. Where did you want my coastal bombardments aimed again Dageraad? So I can show what real damage can be done with ships, instead of letting kurrasier use them as target practice. Haven't seen those dive bombers quit some time now, or have I missed something? Oh Yeah, no more persian munition dumps floating around.

One serious disadvantage for the Russians, all green and line troops, if they enter the fight. But the ammount of troops and planes they could have, with their huge economies. To start with 550 population. Wow. Image all those troops and planes running around, with T34 for the armored support.

Don't you insult HPMS Impracticle and HPMS Kaboom, proud new floating ammo dumps of the "Marat"class. They outperform the entire Transjordanese navy! And their predecessors even shot down a few Arabian dive bombers.

If the Russians have been waiting for the T-34, I do not think they won't become active before summer. And then they will have to put their dagger in someones back. Could be the Baltic alliance, Bulgaria/Rumania or the middle east.

Attacking Finland, Baltic States and Poland would no doubt be appreciated by the Hard-pressed Western European team. There is much to gain and the target is fully engaged on another front. On the other hand, it would also be appreciated by Spongebob.

Attacking Rumania/Bulgaria has the most chance of succes, as they are fully committed and have a smaller economy. It would be much appreciated by the Italo-Greco-Yugo-Austrians.

Attacking the middle east would make Kurassier very happy. But Persia and Turkey have good defensive terrain and Turkey has done nothing but building up his defences and strengthening his economy. An attack around turn 8 would have been far more deadly, as at that moment both Egypt and Saudi Arabia were still in the game and kicking.

So my money is on a stab iin the back on the central European front.

Great move my czech friend. Threatening xVienna. Keep moving, keep moving! Guess Hungary now has a clear path. Please do me a favor und take xVienna. :thumbsup:

Adieu,

Von Manstein

Mario, dulce d Italy

Don't miss Eurodisney! It must be fun.

Von Manstein

Adieu,

Von Manstein

Mario, dulce d Italy

Von Manstein

I do not believe that his tour package includes that, though he may see a part of the city that most never do.

Adieu,

Von Manstein

Mario, dulce d Italy

Von Manstein

I do not believe that his tour package includes that, though he may see a part of the city that most never do.

Referring to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris ? :cheers:

Von Manstein

One serious disadvantage for the Russians, all green and line troops, if they enter the fight. But the ammount of troops and planes they could have, with their huge economies. To start with 550 population. Wow. Image all those troops and planes running around, with T34 for the armored support.

Don't you insult HPMS Impracticle and HPMS Kaboom, proud new floating ammo dumps of the "Marat"class. They outperform the entire Transjordanese navy! And their predecessors even shot down a few Arabian dive bombers.

If the Russians have been waiting for the T-34, I do not think they won't become active before summer. And then they will have to put their dagger in someones back. Could be the Baltic alliance, Bulgaria/Rumania or the middle east.

Attacking Finland, Baltic States and Poland would no doubt be appreciated by the Hard-pressed Western European team. There is much to gain and the target is fully engaged on another front. On the other hand, it would also be appreciated by Spongebob.

Attacking Rumania/Bulgaria has the most chance of succes, as they are fully committed and have a smaller economy. It would be much appreciated by the Italo-Greco-Yugo-Austrians.

Attacking the middle east would make Kurassier very happy. But Persia and Turkey have good defensive terrain and Turkey has done nothing but building up his defences and strengthening his economy. An attack around turn 8 would have been far more deadly, as at that moment both Egypt and Saudi Arabia were still in the game and kicking.

So my money is on a stab iin the back on the central European front.

This has nothing to do with the game; I just thought I'd share this with y'all:

A Mexican, an Arab, and an Arizona girl are in the same bar. When the Mexican finishes his beer, he throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol, and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, 'In Mexico , our glasses are so

cheap we don't need to drink with the same one twice.'

The Arab, obviously impressed by this, drinks non-alcohol beer (cuz he's a muslim!), throws it into the air, pulls out his AK-47, and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, 'In the Arab World, we have so much sand to make glasses that we don't need to drink with the same one twice either.'

The Arizona girl, cool as a cucumber, picks up her beer, downs it in one gulp, throws the glass into the air, whips out her 45, and shoots the Mexican and the Arab. Catching her glass, setting it on the bar, and calling for a refill, she says, 'In Arizona, we have so many illegal aliens that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice.'

God Bless Arizona