Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

Rollin Rollin Rollin... T34s keep rollin... Rollin Rollin Rollin... Hungary :thumbsup:

I am not one to brag but have you seen the power on those T34s. - Wow

The power of the T34 is insignificant compared to the power of the (Air) Force! Zhat is one thing I learned in game 80. Complete ARMIES were reduced to dust by airpower.

Keep 'm coming!

Von Manstein

Do you know the joke about the 7 czechoslovakian infantery division that tried to take xVienna.. :( .They got bombed to pieces before they had a chance of shooting one bullet... ;)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the joke about the 7 czechoslovakian infantery division that tried to take xVienna.. ;) .They got bombed to pieces before they had a chance of shooting one bullet... :thumbsup:

:(

BTW Thanks for the "Parc Astrix" tip. Sounds like a great place to visit when in France.

Rollin Rollin Rollin... T34s keep rollin... Rollin Rollin Rollin... Hungary :thumbsup:

I am not one to brag but have you seen the power on those T34s. - Wow

The power of the T34 is insignificant compared to the power of the (Air) Force! Zhat is one thing I learned in game 80. Complete ARMIES were reduced to dust by airpower.

Keep 'm coming!

Von Manstein

Do you know the joke about the 7 czechoslovakian infantery division that tried to take xVienna.. :( .They got bombed to pieces before they had a chance of shooting one bullet... ;)

Bah, we don't need no stinking planes. I am just building tanks! And I have seen what passes for an Austrian air force, and that sure didn't kill the Czechs.

Bah, we don't need no stinking planes. I am just building tanks! And I have seen what passes for an Austrian air force, and that sure didn't kill the Czechs.

But is was not the planes in zhe east you should have been focussing on... :thumbsup:

Those super tanks that the british have. Mighty Crusaders!

Hey, consider yourself lucky. Kurassier still has to use M2A4's, though we are hearing rumours about "Stuarts". Don't you complain about the mighty Crusader.

In the earlly stages of the game, the British tanks are a match for anybodies. The problem is, they really don't get any better.

Monty, it looks to me like the Czechs are still there, rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated. Good news bad news for the Austrians. Sure, you could build a couple of panzers in Vienna, but that means it was your aic 1, which will really hurt if you don't take it back this turn.

In the earlly stages of the game, the British tanks are a match for anybodies. The problem is, they really don't get any better.

Monty, it looks to me like the Czechs are still there, rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated. Good news bad news for the Austrians. Sure, you could build a couple of panzers in Vienna, but that means it was your aic 1, which will really hurt if you don't take it back this turn.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the strongest German division in Turn 1 has more hitting power than the strongest British

division in Turn 73 (final Turn).

And the German divisions get stronger as the Game progresses.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the strongest German division in Turn 1 has more hitting power than the strongest British

division in Turn 73 (final Turn).

And the German divisions get stronger as the Game progresses.

But then, the german division also are very cost effective. VERY costly and very effective.

Not until the situation would arise where 18 british tankdivisions would encounter 18 german SS divisions, would I really mind the british units. Now if we go back to the T-34.....

Hey, consider yourself lucky. Kurassier still has to use M2A4's, though we are hearing rumours about "Stuarts". Don't you complain about the mighty Crusader.

But I'm not facing him, you are. And he has to face T34's, which he welcomed into his country himself by the way (or would he have meant the Russians, and not the Russian units?).

By far the most important factor on the armor division is the DSM, and the British have the same as the German until the 30's. The SS division is certainly tougher, but the extra cost means that the British can have more. As Stalin said, "quantity has a quality all it's own."

As Stalin said, "quantity has a quality all it's own."

I love that quote! :thumbsup:

By far the most important factor on the armor division is the DSM, and the British have the same as the German until the 30's. The SS division is certainly tougher, but the extra cost means that the British can have more. As Stalin said, "quantity has a quality all it's own."

Yes, those nasty Waffen Schutzstaffel ARE pricey--even the SS Pz IIIf costs more than $1000 a division. But yes, they are worth it--probably the only thing that can match the T-34 early on. And the American tech won't have anything comparable until the HA Shermans come out (which, of course, reflect the American 'super' armored divisions: 1st "Old Ironsides", 2nd "Hell on Wheels", and 3rd "Spearhead".) I only say this, because it has been my honor to wear the Hell on Wheels and Spearhead patches on my left shoulder--left chest, in the case of 2AD.

Yes, those nasty Waffen Schutzstaffel ARE pricey--even the SS Pz IIIf costs more than $1000 a division. But yes, they are worth it--probably the only thing that can match the T-34 early on. And the American tech won't have anything comparable until the HA Shermans come out (which, of course, reflect the American 'super' armored divisions: 1st "Old Ironsides", 2nd "Hell on Wheels", and 3rd "Spearhead".) I only say this, because it has been my honor to wear the Hell on Wheels and Spearhead patches on my left shoulder--left chest, in the case of 2AD.

don't like the SS.. :) . probebly the historical content, but they are to expensive anyhow. Nice in offence but in defense the normal panzers are just as good. But I agree that the T34 beats the german units untill we get to the panthers. Then again nothing beats a Junker dive bomber for almost the complete game. As for the American and Britisch tincan's on wheels...they better stay away from the real steel.

Ofcourse it would all been scrap if we only had our Italian tech list... :(

Super Mario