Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish Beckenbauer and Mueller were still playing....a German win would be assured....and to think , the two of them played together on Bayern-Muenchen back in the day . That team destroyed most other top teams .

Oh I realy hope for a final Germany - Netherlands in which

1 - Germany scores by penalty after 1 min.

2 - Netherlands gets a penalty by referee error after 30 min and scores the equalizer

3 - Netherlands goes 2:1

4 - The German captain gets a yellow card for complaining against the referee

5 - In the second half Germany repeatedly hits the post and the goalie and is the far better team. But loses.

If this happens, I will stop whining about the injustice of the 1974 world cup final.

Whining about the 1974 cup final is a favourite passtime of my generation.

I remember watching the World Cup final in 1974 . I was in the Boy Scouts , we were at summer camp in the German alps . We hiked to the General Patton Hotel in Garmisch-Patenkirchen , we sat in the hotel bar , drank Shirley Temples , and watched Germany win that one....that was the team with Beckenbauer and Mueller...the German national team was a steamroller back then .

I just wish Beckenbauer and Mueller were still playing....a German win would be assured....and to think , the two of them played together on Bayern-Muenchen back in the day . That team destroyed most other top teams .

2 - Netherlands gets a penalty by referee error after 30 min and scores the equalizer

5 - In the second half Germany repeatedly hits the post and the goalie and is the far better team. But loses.

If this happens, I will stop whining about the injustice of the 1974 world cup final.

Sorry to disapoint you, maybe if you cut and paste 'Germany' with 'Spain'???

Sorry to disapoint you, maybe if you cut and paste 'Germany' with 'Spain'???

Nah, is gonna be even easier.

1 - first half 2-0 for Holland

2 - Game ends 4-1, nothing interesting

3 - Party

Guest Spongebob
Hope it tastes smooth. :thumbsup:

Kudos to Spongebob. He may be annoying, but he paid his wager. I received my bottle of Scotch on Tuesday!

Smooth enough :thumbsup::ranting::ranting: If I ever survive a game to the end I expect several in return

Well, there is something to be said about the upcoming Spain-Netherlands final: neither team has ever won the World Cup.

Well, there is something to be said about the upcoming Spain-Netherlands final: neither team has ever won the World Cup.

Both nations are claiming to be the strongest nation in soccer never to have won the World Cup.

I guess one of us will be proven wrong

I do not wish to offend anybody, but I cannot wait until the world cup is over. I was watching a bit the other day, but needing a bit more excitement, went outside to watch the grass grow instead.

What is up with every time somebody breathes a little hard on one of the players, he collapses and acts like he has been shot? Reminds me of a joke we had when I was playing high school football. What is the hardest thing about playing soccer in school?

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t21.png

Czechoslovakia given a white background due to losing its last major city.

All of Russia is now at war or TA'd with a nation at war. If the bear won't come to Mohammed, Mohammed will come to the bear.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t21.png

Czechoslovakia given a white background due to losing its last major city.

All of Russia is now at war or TA'd with a nation at war. If the bear won't come to Mohammed, Mohammed will come to the bear.

Im sure Czechoslovakia should be coloured a nice Salmon Pink Hungarian colour. :thumbsup:

Im sure Czechoslovakia should be coloured a nice Salmon Pink Hungarian colour. :thumbsup:

No. For two reasons:

- hot all of it is owned by Hungary

- When I would change the background color it would be impossible to tell whick country is conquered and which country is the conqueror.

I do not doubt that the whole of Switzerland is assimilated, down to the last village. But it is not a member of the or "Adriatic" Alliance. Same for Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.