Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCORE!!!!! :woohoo:

I do not wish to offend anybody, but I cannot wait until the world cup is over. I was watching a bit the other day, but needing a bit more excitement, went outside to watch the grass grow instead.

What is up with every time somebody breathes a little hard on one of the players, he collapses and acts like he has been shot? Reminds me of a joke we had when I was playing high school football. What is the hardest thing about playing soccer in school?

Last game of the world cup almost starting. For all the dutch out there: ont-spanje! It's gonna be an orange night, all sign point toward a victory for the dutch team. Mix red and yellow (spain's colors) and what do you get? Right!

Cheers all, and have a nice time.

Last game of the world cup almost starting. For all the dutch out there: ont-spanje! It's gonna be an orange night, all sign point toward a victory for the dutch team. Mix red and yellow (spain's colors) and what do you get? Right!

Well, Spain was the better team and Spain won. Although it was a very, very close call

Well, Spain was the better team and Spain won. Although it was a very, very close call

yeah, the arbiter messed up some calls, but also let some others go that would have been just as deciding.

we could have won, and personally i think a spearhead like robbe should have made at least one of his two chances when he stood alone for the goal, but as they say its easy to comment from afar.

I think 2-1 would have made the game much better to watch...

I thought the game was excruciating to watch. I enjoyed the consolation game much more. The Spanish players should all receive awards for their acting ability. I haven't seen that many dives since going to my college roommate's swim meets. Terrible...was rooting for the Orange just because of those horrid displays, just play the darn game and stop crying like little babies.

yeah, the arbiter messed up some calls, but also let some others go that would have been just as deciding.

we could have won, and personally i think a spearhead like robbe should have made at least one of his two chances when he stood alone for the goal, but as they say its easy to comment from afar.

I think 2-1 would have made the game much better to watch...

Another turn almost gone by, tech period 21 is about to start.

The major event this turn must be the fall of some Czech cities to the Hungarian forces. After a declaration of war in turn 5, cities have finally fallen. Internal conflict, a change of leadership, all issues that had to be resolved before Hungary could really join in the events of this world, but finally they have. This joining seems to declare the end of one of the countries of the mighty WEA. Are the rumors true? Are there still Czech forces? Do they hide behind the forces of their allies? Hungary has declared that they won't stop before they reach the North Sea, and won't hesitate to cross the channel in search of their enemies. Next to the home cities, the Czech stronghold in Berlin has also been destroyed, to the polish agressors.

Other news: Canada seems bent on conquering Portugal in a record time. Will Spain have any chance, with half of Portugal gone? Will the British be able to turn the tide? France is also in this war, but he seems to have some small issues with Italy, who continues to gobble up cities in France as if they were pasta. More WEA losses, Denmark seems to be losing home cities to it's agressors. Will the WEA be able to stand against all these losses? Is the WEA crumbling already?

The world seems to have gone up in flames. But who are the agressors? Which countries seem to be so intent on war that they dare declare on anybody? Here is a list:

1) France, in dire straits at the moment, is number one, with 9 declarations of war

2) Austria, after liberating lil' ol' Suisse, has declared 7 more times, for a total of 8 wars.

3) Algeria, way down south, still manages to meddle in european affairs, with 7 declarations of war.

4) Syria seems to be the major agressor in the middle east, with 6 declarations.

4) Denmark, complaining that they are victims and attacked by everyone, has also declared 6 times, so don't feel sorry for the Danes.

6) Ireland, Italy and Persia are following close behind with 5 declarations of war.

Who are the victims, who are those everyone wants a piece of?

1) Great Brittain has been declared upon 8 times, but some of those declarations are from overseas. But even with 6 serious declarations GB is still going strong.

2) Chechoslovakia, the Czech are having a hard time with 7 wars declared on them.

2) Spain, who had an easy time with Portugal, now feels a cold steel sword descending on them. They also have 7 wars declared on them.

4) Germany, what happened their is widely known, 6 countries have declared on the Sponge (guess the other 33 would've declared also, given the chance)

5) Denmark, one of the great agressors, is also declared upon 5 times. Maybe we should feel (a bit) sorry for shadowy figures? Losing home cities can't be good for morale.

6) Libya, gone, as far as we know. Gulliblepratt, has he been true to his name? Has he fallen for promises of the African Alliance. 4 countries have thus far declared on Libya.

6) France, Agressor Number One, also has 4 wars declared on him. Sowing the seeds of war and now reaping the grim profits. Will he survive?

20 turns gone, 53 more to go. Where will this end? A quick overview of the biggest winners so far (some seem to be losing again):

1) Algeria. 10 cities conquered. Put into perspective: it is just one country with lots of 25+ cities, Morocco.

2) Trans Jordan, 8 cities conquered. Egypt has fallen and one city in Libya has been overrun.

3) Italy, 7 cities. Super Mario owns part of Suisse, 3 cities in France and 2 in Yugo, but those city are probably liberated, aren't they?

4) Syria, has galloped over the western part of the desert kingdom with 5 cities conquered

5) France, 5 cities in Lowlands and Germany. But with 3! home cities lost, the gain seems small

6) Spain, 5 cities in Portugal. Having lost 3! of those, and a home city, to the North American Alliance, makes this somewhat overrated.

Lucky for the world, the greatest winners seem to be at odds with each other. Des, other topics on the forum mention you to be one of the best. I'm ready to rumble!

Edited for the latest news!

Great! Thanks a lot. Perfect reading.

Von Manstein

Yummie!

English targets in Hersbruck und Kronach. Nice soft english armor against german/russian tech. :woohoo:

Now vhere did I put that little Panzerarmee?

Von Manstein

Some interesting developments in the British Ilses, eh Larry? Nice try on the Colorado's, but that has got to hurt.

Yes...your ally sank some battleships. However, my guess is Larry rebuilds them before you rebuild your industry.......

Tick tock.....tick tock......

Yummie!

English targets in Hersbruck und Kronach. Nice soft english armor against german/russian tech. :woohoo:

Von Manstein

Uh, British tanks are as tough as German tanks right now, we just do not have an uber division like the SS, but then neither do you!

I think the French killed them.

Some interesting developments in the British Ilses, eh Larry? Nice try on the Colorado's, but that has got to hurt.

Yes...your ally sank some battleships. However, my guess is Larry rebuilds them before you rebuild your industry.......

Lol, that would be a neat trick, since London is already at full capacity.

Lol, that would be a neat trick, since London is already at full capacity.

Those same BB's levelled xBilbao also....and it is certainly not rebuilt.

Yummie!

Von Manstein

Uh, British tanks are as tough as German tanks right now, we just do not have an uber division like the SS, but then neither do you!

I think the French killed them.

But I got some T34s :woohoo: with your name on them