Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone once said - History is written by the Victors :blush: I stand by my initial comments

I have no doubt if you should defeat me, you will revise history to suit your needs, however, I am not Spongebob, and you have a lot of work to do. For now, thanks to Falco for setting the record straight, and we shall see if you can change it.

Someone once said - History is written by the Victors :blush: I stand by my initial comments

Don't worry, as you can see, I'm already writing history. Of course it is my intention to win. Should you by any chance reach london, I'd advice you to look south and east. Don't wait too long, I might cut you of from your homeland by landing in italy, liberating the swiss people in the process and driving through germany to the baltic sea coast.

Don't worry, as you can see, I'm already writing history. Of course it is my intention to win. Should you by any chance reach london, I'd advice you to look south and east. Don't wait too long, I might cut you of from your homeland by landing in italy, liberating the swiss people in the process and driving through germany to the baltic sea coast.

All zhat in 53 turns? I'd better start disbanidng my ldb then...

Von Manstein

Von Manstein

Do not fear, this is just Falco in his "hyper" mode. In reality he plans to push throught to xCasablanca, land in Spain, move north and THEN liberate Switzerland.

Von Manstein

Do not fear, this is just Falco in his "hyper" mode. In reality he plans to push throught to xCasablanca, land in Spain, move north and THEN liberate Switzerland.

Sssssht, don't give away my secret plans. Next you'll be telling them that after Switzerland I intend to liberate the Czech people. And that after that I intend to conquer Iceland! O yes, and you forgot the liberation of Portugal from those Canadian infidels.

[quote name='Erich von Manstein' post='49510'

Sssssht, don't give away my secret plans. Next you'll be telling them that after Switzerland I intend to liberate the Czech people. And that after that I intend to conquer Iceland! O yes, and you forgot the liberation of Portugal from those Canadian infidels.

Hey, hey, hey......there will be no liberation of the Icelandic peoples......we are quite happy! ;)

Hey, hey, hey......there will be no liberation of the Icelandic peoples......we are quite happy! ;)

I assume you solved the food problem then? ;)

Von Manstein

What food problem?

Von Manstein

What food problem?

Von Manstein

If I remember correct Iceland will run out of food (or some other rather important) resource pretty soon. As soon as I reach the Northsea I can ship some your way. ;)

Von Manstein

If I remember correct Iceland will run out of food (or some other rather important) resource pretty soon. As soon as I reach the Northsea I can ship some your way. ;)

Von Manstein

The food deficit of 25% can be compensated by doing enough APD's. With average luck Iceland can be self-sufficient in food within 10 turns. That is enough time to eat away the 5000 extra food in the setup. Energy is a bigger problem, but relocation of your armament factories will stretch the energy reserve to turn 50. More than enough time to find TA's or enemy territory with coal or oil deposits.

Money is a bigger problem. But isn't that true for everyone?

Some quick comments, to go with the map below:

- The bear has been included in the action. Leningrad has fallen in Northern Russia, Iraq has declared on Southern Russia. If the bear won't wake by itself, it shall be woken.

- Go Canada! Hard for me to imagine the effort of moving troops and ships at the rate I can imagine they are needed to conquer the iberian peninsula this fast. Come on Spain, let's see some action here, get them cities back.

- The Southern European alliance, it's eastern members especially, finally seems to be moving the battle to enemy territory. A city in Bulgaria has fallen, another city in Rumania was already conquered. Will the Eastern European Alliance fail?

- The Middle Eastern alliance is making huge leaps in the UAE. Even the brave pilots of those Divebombers that sunk tons after tons of rusty old persian ships have been moved.

- Rumors have it that the great battlefleet from the USA has been decimated in an attack on xLondon. Will there be more from those great ships coming from overseas?

The latest map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t22.png

Some quick comments, to go with the map below:

- The bear has been included in the action. Leningrad has fallen in Northern Russia, Iraq has declared on Southern Russia. If the bear won't wake by itself, it shall be woken.

- Go Canada! Hard for me to imagine the effort of moving troops and ships at the rate I can imagine they are needed to conquer the iberian peninsula this fast. Come on Spain, let's see some action here, get them cities back.

- The Southern European alliance, it's eastern members especially, finally seems to be moving the battle to enemy territory. A city in Bulgaria has fallen, another city in Rumania was already conquered. Will the Eastern European Alliance fail?

- The Middle Eastern alliance is making huge leaps in the UAE. Even the brave pilots of those Divebombers that sunk tons after tons of rusty old persian ships have been moved.

- Rumors have it that the great battlefleet from the USA has been decimated in an attack on xLondon. Will there be more from those great ships coming from overseas?

The Canadians avenged our ally a bit this round, sinking 4xBB and 4xDD while losing only 5xDD and a bit of damage on some Cruisers. Thanks Marklen! Feel free to send in some more next turn....I have a surprise waiting for you. In true British fashion, Admiral Pound has been sent to Davey Jones' locker.....