Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quick comments, to go with the map below:

- The bear has been included in the action. Leningrad has fallen in Northern Russia, Iraq has declared on Southern Russia. If the bear won't wake by itself, it shall be woken.

- Go Canada! Hard for me to imagine the effort of moving troops and ships at the rate I can imagine they are needed to conquer the iberian peninsula this fast. Come on Spain, let's see some action here, get them cities back.

- The Southern European alliance, it's eastern members especially, finally seems to be moving the battle to enemy territory. A city in Bulgaria has fallen, another city in Rumania was already conquered. Will the Eastern European Alliance fail?

- The Middle Eastern alliance is making huge leaps in the UAE. Even the brave pilots of those Divebombers that sunk tons after tons of rusty old persian ships have been moved.

- Rumors have it that the great battlefleet from the USA has been decimated in an attack on xLondon. Will there be more from those great ships coming from overseas?

The Canadians avenged our ally a bit this round, sinking 4xBB and 4xDD while losing only 5xDD and a bit of damage on some Cruisers. Thanks Marklen! Feel free to send in some more next turn....I have a surprise waiting for you. In true British fashion, Admiral Pound has been sent to Davey Jones' locker.....

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. I suppose the US air force is feeling a bit dissapointed, however.

- The bear has been included in the action. Leningrad has fallen in Northern Russia, Iraq has declared on Southern Russia. If the bear won't wake by itself, it shall be woken.

- Go Canada! Hard for me to imagine the effort of moving troops and ships at the rate I can imagine they are needed to conquer the iberian peninsula this fast. Come on Spain, let's see some action here, get them cities back.

- The Southern European alliance, it's eastern members especially, finally seems to be moving the battle to enemy territory. A city in Bulgaria has fallen, another city in Rumania was already conquered. Will the Eastern European Alliance fail?

- The Middle Eastern alliance is making huge leaps in the UAE. Even the brave pilots of those Divebombers that sunk tons after tons of rusty old persian ships have been moved.

- Rumors have it that the great battlefleet from the USA has been decimated in an attack on xLondon. Will there be more from those great ships coming from overseas?

The Canadians avenged our ally a bit this round, sinking 4xBB and 4xDD while losing only 5xDD and a bit of damage on some Cruisers. Thanks Marklen! Feel free to send in some more next turn....I have a surprise waiting for you. In true British fashion, Admiral Pound has been sent to Davey Jones' locker.....

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. I suppose the US air force is feeling a bit dissapointed, however.

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect those ships to make it back home either....looks like you traded xBilbao and xLondon industry for some of xLa Coruna's Airbase...the warships are about even....we'll take that trade.

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect those ships to make it back home either....looks like you traded xBilbao and xLondon industry for some of xLa Coruna's Airbase...the warships are about even....we'll take that trade.

Sounds like an interesting and fun fight. Wish I could join in, but Denmark is still being a bit stubborn and N Russia drains enough orders and resources to keep me on the sidelines for some time yet. Of course, with the number of mistakes I've made in my first major naval effort, perhaps its best to be better prepared whenever the day comes....

Sounds like an interesting and fun fight. Wish I could join in, but Denmark is still being a bit stubborn and N Russia drains enough orders and resources to keep me on the sidelines for some time yet. Of course, with the number of mistakes I've made in my first major naval effort, perhaps its best to be better prepared whenever the day comes....

I try my best. Better than being a dead country

Guest Spongebob
You vacated my country yet Girl!???? Hurry up you make Europe look untidy

We are looking to mop up, not sponge up the Danish controlled areas... don't try to horn in on our action (not that you are familiar with horns per se).

I just want to see that Girl evicted from moi larnd. Squatter. Kick her out.... better still just kick her. I want her to feel the pain of losing Denmark. Its got to be the most difficult of nations to master yet she gloated at her so called skill in running it. Well now the high heel is on the other foot.

Notice at how all those that were gloating at my demise have now gone very very quiet since they now are on the recieving end of a good kicking. :rolleyes:

We are looking to mop up, not sponge up the Danish controlled areas... don't try to horn in on our action (not that you are familiar with horns per se).

I just want to see that Girl evicted from moi larnd. Squatter. Kick her out.... better still just kick her. I want her to feel the pain of losing Denmark. Its got to be the most difficult of nations to master yet she gloated at her so called skill in running it. Well now the high heel is on the other foot.

Notice at how all those that were gloating at my demise have now gone very very quiet since they now are on the recieving end of a good kicking. :rolleyes:

Well,

as far as I can see from down under she is fighting off the attention of more than two opponents at the same time, without help from her TA's, who are kind of busy themselves right now. And more important: she is not whining about it.

Dernmark is not that difficult to manage. You should have tried Denmark before the ferries. Now THAT was a nightmare.

Go away Sponge!!! Go irritate V89 players.

Most of southern Germany is now united with Austria.

Von Manstein

Well kudos to Iraq and Persia. :cheers:

Just reviewed an ally's turn results. Being 2 against 1 I had to hope you guys were not coordinated, but you were. Well done. Sorry my dive bomber pilots couldn't be there when the Persian air flotillas arrived, but they did watch the bombing of the sand dunes from a safe distance. Wouldn't want to give you any cheap air kills now would I? I guess there is a 'good' use for the DAU order. :rolleyes: All pilots have been reassigned to Tunisia and Algeria as part of the resistance Free UAE forces. :taz:

Good luck with the rest of the game and I hope Algeria/Tunisia pound the snot out of you. :rolleyes::(

:ranting:

All pilots have been reassigned to Tunisia and Algeria as part of the resistance Free UAE forces. :rolleyes:

I have just been informed that the SDB pilots will be flying HDBs. They are very excited about the improvement in aircraft! :rolleyes:

Just reviewed an ally's turn results. Being 2 against 1 I had to hope you guys were not coordinated, but you were. Well done. Sorry my dive bomber pilots couldn't be there when the Persian air flotillas arrived, but they did watch the bombing of the sand dunes from a safe distance. Wouldn't want to give you any cheap air kills now would I? I guess there is a 'good' use for the DAU order. :rolleyes: All pilots have been reassigned to Tunisia and Algeria as part of the resistance Free UAE forces. :cheers:

Good luck with the rest of the game and I hope Algeria/Tunisia pound the snot out of you. :rolleyes::(

:taz:

Shame you've given up. You did make a great mobile defense, but it really couldn't last, ever since SA bailed on you, you were fighting against time. Maybe we should discuss tactics and stuff over a beer, I really have been wondering about some of the choices you guys made.

Hmm, for Algeria/Tunisia to pound Persia/Iraq, they have to go through me first. Why, always including me in your war.... :ranting:

Just reviewed an ally's turn results. Being 2 against 1 I had to hope you guys were not coordinated, but you were. Well done. Sorry my dive bomber pilots couldn't be there when the Persian air flotillas arrived, but they did watch the bombing of the sand dunes from a safe distance. Wouldn't want to give you any cheap air kills now would I? I guess there is a 'good' use for the DAU order. :rolleyes: All pilots have been reassigned to Tunisia and Algeria as part of the resistance Free UAE forces. :taz:

:ranting:

We would have preferred to do the work for you and disband the Air units ourselves. But now that you have conceded: GG.

Now that hosilities on this front are drawing to an end I am planning to put our "war plans" online in a kind of War journal.

I hope your next try at playing the UAE in game #89 has more luck. From turn 10 onward it was a 2 vs 1 war. That is something even the best players can lose when playing against a team of at least average capability.

Syria/Egypt is about as strong as Tunesia/Algeria, so i do not think your pilots - in - exile will find a lot of Persian of Iraqi targets to bomb.

The war in North Africa is between two power blocks of almost equal strength. Both having lots of bombers, lots of "safe"Hinterland and a very narrow front to defend. Prime ingredients for a meat grinder. Under normal circumstances I would guess the German and Russian units (Algeria/Tunesia) are stronger than the British units of Transjordan/Syria, but I think they have more army to start with.

The Persian contribution to this front will probably be limited to fuel. Lots of it. I might just send my sole remaining Marat to bomb xTunis, but it is far, far away. The rest of the Persian armed forced will probably race north to tickle the bear. We have had enough of those -3% desert summer attrition. They say Russia is "cool".

I didn't think you had the wherewithal to sink those battleships, but I did not expect the Algerian air force to do it for you. I guess Falco better pick up the pace, obviously Des doesn't have enough on his plate.

Hungary, you better hurry up, or Poland is going to beat you to the channel.