Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

I didn't think you had the wherewithal to sink those battleships, but I did not expect the Algerian air force to do it for you. I guess Falco better pick up the pace, obviously Des doesn't have enough on his plate.

Explains why we keep destroying land units in the east of Libya, without interference from the Algerian airforce. Mark, just keep them occupied for a round or 2.... :angry2:

And of course Des has a buffer between me and him, called Tunisia. While our supply lines keep getting longer, theirs will be non existent when we reach the borders. Tis gonna be fun!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little update for you, Algeria and Tunisia need to be shown as TA's with USA and Canada.

Not entirely unexpected, the assistance provided against Spain considered.

victory-map-diplomacy-87t23b.png

How does Ireland fit in all of this?

Rumania and all of Russia seem doomed. The fate of the Western European Alliance (Purple) is still undecided. But what will happen if it goes down?

A little update for you, Algeria and Tunisia need to be shown as TA's with USA and Canada.

victory-map-diplomacy-87t23b.png

Rumania and all of Russia seem doomed. The fate of the Western European Alliance (Purple) is still undecided. But what will happen if it goes down?

As of the last time I checked, they are not TA's with Algeria, but I am sure it will happen.

The Russia situation is worrisome. Game 84 was almost destroyed when unethical people made a deal to let Central Russia be conquered without a fight. The fact that none of the Russias are doing anything, coupled with the fact that they have privacy options on, makes me leery. I hope it is mere coincidence.

Northern Russia had an active player at one point, but not anymore. I am not sure what they did with the position before we got there, but the computer has certainly made my job easier. As for Southern and Central, those positions have been inactive for a while as well. From many turns ago:

Central Russia is totally allied to Southern Russia

Central Russia is allied to Rumania

Central Russia is allied to Northern Russia

Maybe when Rumania got smushed and Northern dropped, they dropped? Not sure.

As of the last time I checked, they are not TA's with Algeria, but I am sure it will happen.

The Russia situation is worrisome. Game 84 was almost destroyed when unethical people made a deal to let Central Russia be conquered without a fight. The fact that none of the Russias are doing anything, coupled with the fact that they have privacy options on, makes me leery. I hope it is mere coincidence.

Northern Russia had an active player at one point, but not anymore. I am not sure what they did with the position before we got there, but the computer has certainly made my job easier. As for Southern and Central, those positions have been inactive for a while as well. From many turns ago:

They quit quite some time ago. Nobody thought to ask and nobody dared attack, but the positions have been vacant for a while.

Southern Russia is a confirmed dropped position. No idea why he dropped. If both Central and North did drop too, we are racing for the "big empty void". That leaves Rumania and Hungary as theonly two active countries not directly connected to one of the surviving power blocks.

victory-map-diplomacy-87t23c.png

I've known that Northern has been vacant for a while.....but only suspected that Central and Southern had dropped until recently. I have been sailing my ships and flying my planes as fast as possible to the Russian Frontiers. :blush:

It's the best foothold I could have ever hoped for on the mainlands in this game. Anywhere else would have been greatly contested. I am surprised that Spain was not prepared for the Americans. Maybe they thought, as did I, that they would be sailing to either Morocco or Great Britain? I didn't figure that Portugal would be the jumping point for them......

Southern Russia is a confirmed dropped position. No idea why he dropped. If both Central and North did drop too, we are racing for the "big empty void". That leaves Rumania and Hungary as theonly two active countries not directly connected to one of the surviving power blocks.

Meet you in the middle......you will have some circles to fill in over the next 3 turns Dags. I am sure you will be surprised at how fast I get through. I look forward to contesting the cities with you!

That leaves Rumania and Hungary as theonly two active countries not directly connected to one of the surviving power blocks.

Have you done a SIM POL recently. :thumbsup: I hold a far more secure position than Rumania. The way I see things is there is going to be a gold rush in the urals and a bloodbath in Europe.

Oh what Joy! :blush:

That leaves Rumania and Hungary as theonly two active countries not directly connected to one of the surviving power blocks.

Have you done a SIM POL recently. :thumbsup: I hold a far more secure position than Rumania. The way I see things is there is going to be a gold rush in the urals and a bloodbath in Europe.

Oh what Joy! :blush:

I'd love to tap that sweet Russian...uhhh...turf. :thumbsup: But first I have to get Rumania out of the way; he is still very much in the mix.

I'd love to tap that sweet Russian...uhhh...turf. :blush: But first I have to get Rumania out of the way; he is still very much in the mix.

Seem everyone wants to have a piece of the bear.

Iceland and me are racing to see who gets xFromanovo

I'd love to tap that sweet Russian...uhhh...turf. :rolleyes: But first I have to get Rumania out of the way; he is still very much in the mix.

Seem everyone wants to have a piece of the bear.

Iceland and me are racing to see who gets xFromanovo

I don't doubt you'll get there first, I just want the city for sentimental reasons! I kind of want to finish owning my Russian namesake at the end of it all!

But, I will try like hell to beat you there. Damn arctic weather effects have slowed me down a bit recently. Terrible odds this time of year, causing me to lose TWO air missions on the same turn in the middle of summer.

Oh what Joy! :(

I'd love to tap that sweet Russian...uhhh...turf. :thumbsup: But first I have to get Rumania out of the way; he is still very much in the mix.

Go south young man! The Russian steppes are likely to be rather crowded and unrewarding... move along (south), nothing to see here.