Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply a hop skip and a jump to the Channel

If you really wanted to get to the channel, why did you cede the only province you had that was adjacent to me to your TA?

Apparently the pressure of being reduced to a handful of provinces on the continent (a well defended handful, admittedly) has led you to some fanciful conclusions.

Of course Hungary will have to resume offensive operations and advance in order to keep up with our progress and thus stay in contact with your remaining possessions...

Eh, Ondali?

xNizwa ???

Nizwa is still here! Alive and wel.... , ok, Alive anyway. :rolleyes:

and since we have run out of bombs, our vaunted SDB pilots are dropping glass balls on the enemy (hey, plenty of sand, plenty of sun, gotta use what you have) Now where is Sam Houston?

If you really wanted to get to the channel, why did you cede the only province you had that was adjacent to me to your TA?

Apparently the pressure of being reduced to a handful of provinces on the continent (a well defended handful, admittedly) has led you to some fanciful conclusions.

Of course Hungary will have to resume offensive operations and advance in order to keep up with our progress and thus stay in contact with your remaining possessions...

Well, actually, he ceded it long before there were Poles in Alsfeld. Your current combined offensive has been succesful to a degree, but it appears to be losing steam. I think perhaps you may soon see the tide roll back, in a big way.

Well, actually, he ceded it long before there were Poles in Alsfeld. Your current combined offensive has been succesful to a degree, but it appears to be losing steam. I think perhaps you may soon see the tide roll back, in a big way.

I seriously doubt it, but I suppose its possible. Will this major reversal come before or after the long awaited Danish resurrection? :rolleyes:

Regardless, we each continue to bang on each other and flow replacements and reinforcements into the area. Having 5 arm factories change from your to our hands is certainly useful, but hardly decisive in itself. It seems more like the death from a thousand cuts (but which of us will get to a thousand cuts inflicted first!)

• 2 weeks later...

New map for turn 17:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t37.png

- Lots of movement in Russia. The plucky Central Russians keep fighting while under attack from 6 different nations. But there is hope, as those nations seem to disagree who gets what. In a development mimicking history Places like Charkov and Kursk are suddenly expecting a lot of attention from armored units.

- There is also some movement in Nord-western Europe as the Western Alliance (red) seems to be falling back But the Adriatic alliance (Green) seems to be concentrating against the Atlantic Alliance (Gray) so the pressure from that direction should be getting lesser.

Just a very small hole for Hungary to squeeze himself through.

- The war in Libya seems to be slowing down a bit. No doubt it is the silence before another storm, as real life events leave their shadow.

(Rebels fighting in Raslanuf?) Hmm.

- Nothing new from the xNizwa front. Any GEN left?

Jave you any idea how hard it is to navigate these roads. The Brits have done what they do best, dug them up and left them. I am on the only remaining road to Amsterdam

Road? What's a road? :)

Jave you any idea how hard it is to navigate these roads. The Brits have done what they do best, dug them up and left them. I am on the only remaining road to Amsterdam

Backward earth is flat neandertals - Can someone please invade this city state and bring its people into the civilized world.

A road is a hardened surface on the ground, going from one place to another, to facilitate easy movement. You do not need any roads. You stay just were you are, untill Ondali finally realises all the ore he desperately needs is there in xNizwa for the taking, if he only spends the ARM and orders to take it.

And the desert keeps getting hotter and hotter. Summer is on the horizon. All those men would prefer to spend the summer in the Ukraine, were the weather is temperate and the opposition crunchy.

Also in the news:

Iraqi and Emirate soldiers have been caught playing soccer on a field just outside the city of Nizwa. They were getting bored.

In the west it is like WWI trench warfare. After a couple of turns of bloody fighting, it appears all the combatants are rebuilding their forces for another round.

Trench warfare?

MMm, I remember something shocking new in the world events lately......