Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I am such a popular guy, I just emptied it a few months ago. It is empty again!

Yes, Alsfeld has fallen, but the 1st Tank Army escaped, battered a bit, but now back in tip top shape and ready to renew the fight, and over 39000 land kills and 28000 air kills proves it was expensive to take.

Lol, I am such a popular guy, I just emptied it a few months ago. It is empty again!

Yes, Alsfeld has fallen, but the 1st Tank Army escaped, battered a bit, but now back in tip top shape and ready to renew the fight, and over 39000 land kills and 28000 air kills proves it was expensive to take.

So was it hard conquering xDublin? If I can't take Europe, I'll make Ireland part of the British empire, again?

Well Monty....since you already died once in this game...seems to me you shouldn't have a say.

Death is only one part of this story. I was ousted from power in Switzerland and went into exile in Hungary. My nation was gone but the fire was still within my soul. This is why my former enemies decided it unwise to take me on again. Since those dark days stronger alliances have been secured and if I should be ousted again then I am sure my international bloodlines will provide me with a new home to wage war from.

Well Monty....since you already died once in this game...seems to me you shouldn't have a say.

Death is only one part of this story. I was ousted from power in Switzerland and went into exile in Hungary. My nation was gone but the fire was still within my soul. This is why my former enemies decided it unwise to take me on again. Since those dark days stronger alliances have been secured and if I should be ousted again then I am sure my international bloodlines will provide me with a new home to wage war from.

If I take this to its logical conclusion you're in te game to take back Switzerland? Interesting.....

If I take this to its logical conclusion you're in te game to take back Switzerland? Interesting.....

Actually Monty taking Hungary was the turning point of this game. Early, Czechoslovakia crushed a Hungarian invasion, and we knew that Hungary dropped. The Czechs and Danes were pounding the Poles, and slowly pushing him back, when suddenly the Hungarians came back without warning and took Bratislava and other key cities. It was a steady erosion of the Czech position from there on.

Actually Monty taking Hungary was the turning point of this game. Early, Czechoslovakia crushed a Hungarian invasion, and we knew that Hungary dropped. The Czechs and Danes were pounding the Poles, and slowly pushing him back, when suddenly the Hungarians came back without warning and took Bratislava and other key cities. It was a steady erosion of the Czech position from there on.

It was not as easy as you portray, The Czechs put up a good fight before I took Bratislavia.

It was not as easy as you portray, The Czechs put up a good fight before I took Bratislavia.

I did not say it was easy, the term steady erosion implies the Czechs put up a fight, which they did. But Poland was in dire trouble, Baltic States was not yet fully participating, The British air force had just arrived at the front, (and then had to leave again because of the Irish question) and the Danes and Czechs were on the verge of taking out Poland. Had Hungary not been taken over, the entire game would be considerably different.

I did not say it was easy, the term steady erosion implies the Czechs put up a fight, which they did. But Poland was in dire trouble, Baltic States was not yet fully participating, The British air force had just arrived at the front, (and then had to leave again because of the Irish question) and the Danes and Czechs were on the verge of taking out Poland. Had Hungary not been taken over, the entire game would be considerably different.

Glad I could have been of service :)

The fight in Western Europa sounds a lot more interesting then the chesswar between Tunisia/Algeria and TJ/Syria. It is a difficult fight in the narrow strip of desert they call Libya. All Mobile armies that can strike everywhere and lots of planes involved, both fighters and bombers, on both sides.

LOL Nothing like a good Pole pounding to get your blood up. :rolleyes:

LOL Nothing like a good Pole pounding to get your blood up. :rolleyes:

Yuk, dude. you're talkin' about me.

:rolleyes:

:thumbsup::drunk:

and there was much rejoicing as the rag tag remnants of the Army of the United Arab Emirates force the Iraqi army out of Nizwa province!!!

Yea!

Whoopee!!

Hooray!!! :ranting::rolleyes::cheers:

(on a side note, we, as the commanders realize they are most likely withdrawing to do a DRG order and will be back next turn, but hey, the troops don't need to know....) :rolleyes:

and there was much rejoicing as the rag tag remnants of the Army of the United Arab Emirates force the Iraqi army out of Nizwa province!!!

Yea!

Whoopee!!

(on a side note, we, as the commanders realize they are most likely withdrawing to do a DRG order and will be back next turn, but hey, the troops don't need to know....) :rolleyes:

The Emirate troops are free to explore the countryside and go on an excursion to see how wel their ex-countrymen are doing under foreign management.

Yea!

Whoopee!!

The Emirate troops are free to explore the countryside and go on an excursion to see how wel their ex-countrymen are doing under foreign management.

It can be a real bear to try an take a well defended city, eh boys?!!

Kurassier, are you going to break my record?