Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

:thumbsup::drunk:

and there was much rejoicing as the rag tag remnants of the Army of the United Arab Emirates force the Iraqi army out of Nizwa province!!!

Yea!

Whoopee!!

Hooray!!! :ranting::rolleyes::cheers:

(on a side note, we, as the commanders realize they are most likely withdrawing to do a DRG order and will be back next turn, but hey, the troops don't need to know....) :rolleyes:

The Emirate troops are free to explore the countryside and go on an excursion to see how wel their ex-countrymen are doing under foreign management.

It can be a real bear to try an take a well defended city, eh boys?!!

Kurassier, are you going to break my record?

The city is under siege from turn 27.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Emirate troops are free to explore the countryside and go on an excursion to see how wel their ex-countrymen are doing under foreign management.

They will never be my 'ex' countrymen.

Hmmm, only 11 turns. Seems much longer than that... :rolleyes:

Agree. It seems far longer. But I do not think it will last for another 11 turns.

Hmmm, only 11 turns. Seems much longer than that... :rolleyes:

Agree. It seems far longer. But I do not think it will last for another 11 turns.

I'm guessing about 2. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing about 2. :thumbsup:

it now depends only on my orders being excecuted as planned, they are difficult enough for General Al-Qadissiya.

move there and take the city. of course unless you have found some more ARM to repair you air divisions...

valuable lessons have been learned :woohoo:

Well Monty....since you already died once in this game...seems to me you shouldn't have a say.

Death is only one part of this story. I was ousted from power in Switzerland and went into exile in Hungary. My nation was gone but the fire was still within my soul. This is why my former enemies decided it unwise to take me on again. Since those dark days stronger alliances have been secured and if I should be ousted again then I am sure my international bloodlines will provide me with a new home to wage war from.

If I take this to its logical conclusion you're in te game to take back Switzerland? Interesting.....

Actually Monty taking Hungary was the turning point of this game. Early, Czechoslovakia crushed a Hungarian invasion, and we knew that Hungary dropped. The Czechs and Danes were pounding the Poles, and slowly pushing him back, when suddenly the Hungarians came back without warning and took Bratislava and other key cities. It was a steady erosion of the Czech position from there on.

LOL Nothing like a good Pole pounding to get your blood up. :woohoo:

Yuk, dude. you're talkin' about me.

:thumbsup:

You sure it wasn't a pseudosexual double entendre?

So after 38 turns the game is now reduced to just a few battlezones:

1) Germany: Poland, Hungary, Baltic States, Norway, Iceland and Finland fighting the England and France (WEA) for the few provinces left to them on the mainland. At great cost, these 2 countries are being driven back towards the lowlands. Slowly but surely, the final outcome seems unavoidable. No more France and England reigning supreme on the Islands and its surrounding seas, but only that. But will this happen before turn 73? The Brits have started their colonization of Ireland, giving them more resources to use, will it be enough to compensate for foreseeable loss of their mainland holdings? The WAE is reduced to 3 countries, fighting enemies (NEA and Hungary) who are about 10 countries strong. The NEA has problems on the other side of Europe, fighting in NR and CR.

2) Southern France: USA and Canada (AAA) control the Iberian Peninsula and are know fighting Italy and allies in the southern part of France. Rumors have it that the WEA have an agreement with the AAA, and have stopped fighting each other over the remainder of France. That leaves the AAA fighting the SEA. Little has been heard in the world events lately from Italy and especially its allies. Still this alliance controls 7+ nations, a compact block of resources, and they are fighting only the AAA, also 7 nations strong, but they have an extra fight in Africa and the USA/Canada need to bring their troops from overseas

3) Western Libya: Algeria and Tunisia fighting TJ and Syria. While Libya has been mostly liberated by the MEA, the supply lines to western Libya are long. Fighting on the borders of Tunisia means very short supply lines for the AAA countries. Until this moment, the other allies of both parties have not been drawn into the conflict. This means it was an even fight, but slowly the advantage in pop and resources seems to be shifting to the MEA countries. Air force seems to be the major factor in this war.

4) The Russia's: While the NEA is finishing of the last cities and provinces of NR and the MEA is doing the same in SR, both parties have clashed in (a still active and playing) CR. Initial bombs and bullets have been exchanged between the NEA and the MEA, in their rush to secure the resources of CR. The advantage of the MEA countries, Iraq and Persia, of having no other wars (a) is compensated by their much longer supply lines. But will the war in the East require the NEA countries to divert more of their resources from the front in the west, thus giving England and France more breathing space? Noo huge armies have been seen yet in battles, but this will probably change in the coming turns as more steel, men and guns are shipped to the plains of Central Russia, from both west and south.

(a) Not counting the glorious fight in the southern desert, where one last tribe resists the might of the Iraqi armed forces.

1) Germany: Poland, Hungary, Baltic States, Norway, Iceland and Finland fighting the England and France (WEA) for the few provinces left to them on the mainland. At great cost, these 2 countries are being driven back towards the lowlands. Slowly but surely, the final outcome seems unavoidable. No more France and England reigning supreme on the Islands and its surrounding seas, but only that. But will this happen before turn 73? The Brits have started their colonization of Ireland, giving them more resources to use, will it be enough to compensate for foreseeable loss of their mainland holdings? The WAE is reduced to 3 countries, fighting enemies (NEA and Hungary) who are about 10 countries strong. The NEA has problems on the other side of Europe, fighting in NR and CR.

2) Southern France: USA and Canada (AAA) control the Iberian Peninsula and are know fighting Italy and allies in the southern part of France. Rumors have it that the WEA have an agreement with the AAA, and have stopped fighting each other over the remainder of France. That leaves the AAA fighting the SEA. Little has been heard in the world events lately from Italy and especially its allies. Still this alliance controls 7+ nations, a compact block of resources, and they are fighting only the AAA, also 7 nations strong, but they have an extra fight in Africa and the USA/Canada need to bring their troops from overseas

3) Western Libya: Algeria and Tunisia fighting TJ and Syria. While Libya has been mostly liberated by the MEA, the supply lines to western Libya are long. Fighting on the borders of Tunisia means very short supply lines for the AAA countries. Until this moment, the other allies of both parties have not been drawn into the conflict. This means it was an even fight, but slowly the advantage in pop and resources seems to be shifting to the MEA countries. Air force seems to be the major factor in this war.

4) The Russia's: While the NEA is finishing of the last cities and provinces of NR and the MEA is doing the same in SR, both parties have clashed in (a still active and playing) CR. Initial bombs and bullets have been exchanged between the NEA and the MEA, in their rush to secure the resources of CR. The advantage of the MEA countries, Iraq and Persia, of having no other wars (a) is compensated by their much longer supply lines. But will the war in the East require the NEA countries to divert more of their resources from the front in the west, thus giving England and France more breathing space? Noo huge armies have been seen yet in battles, but this will probably change in the coming turns as more steel, men and guns are shipped to the plains of Central Russia, from both west and south.

(a) Not counting the glorious fight in the southern desert, where one last tribe resists the might of the Iraqi armed forces.

Excellent synopsis, I enjoy reading them. Don't make is so long before your next one. BTW, the SEA is still fighting France and GB. Austria is only attacking us, and Hungary, though not a complete member, is back in the fray.

1) Germany: Poland, Hungary, Baltic States, Norway, Iceland and Finland fighting the England and France (WEA) for the few provinces left to them on the mainland.

Although I am TA'd to two of those fighting the WEA, I am only at war with Russian nations at the moment. Like the American nations, I have had to expend many resources to bring troops to the mainland.

Long line xNizwa!

1) Germany: Poland, Hungary, Baltic States, Norway, Iceland and Finland fighting the England and France (WEA) for the few provinces left to them on the mainland.

Although I am TA'd to two of those fighting the WEA, I am only at war with Russian nations at the moment. Like the American nations, I have had to expend many resources to bring troops to the mainland.

Long line xNizwa!

I know how it feels. There are transport fleets in the Caspian sea, you know...

xNizwa will live long, but probably no longer as a part of the UAE.