Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

Was watching World at War last night. Great show, but the episode, Alone, seems a bit too close to my situation now in this game. Austria appears to have put the coup de grace to France. Going to be tough now.

Coup de grace? My SS panzer troopers have a different opinion. The one left alive that is. :rolleyes:

Oh, remind me to decorate that 5% mot Division. Amazing what they do with 5 men, one bullet and a truck.

So we were a bit quick with naming the new alliance you say (even if in fact they already act as one)? We have to wait some before the AAAA will come into existence?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, remind me to decorate that 5% mot Division. Amazing what they do with 5 men, one bullet and a truck.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :rolleyes: , well, maybe not the truck part..... :thumbsup::ranting:

You mean 10 partisans, 5 catapults and barrels of beer (drained in the night, whilst talking about the glories of the former UAE). :ranting:

Was watching World at War last night. Great show, but the episode, Alone, seems a bit too close to my situation now in this game. Austria appears to have put the coup de grace to France. Going to be tough now.

Coup de grace? My SS panzer troopers have a different opinion. The one left alive that is. :rolleyes:

Well, those French are a hardier lot then history credits them with, I suppose, hehe. Ok, so the French army didn't get the memo.

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t41.png

- The front in the Lowlands seems to be wavering. But the French and British won't leave without a fight.

- What will happen now that Ireland has been devided in parts?

- Still no Hungarian fleet.

- Italy is pushed back to the Alps, but will probably get some assistance from his TA's to stem the Atlantic tide.

- The long expected Algerian counterattack has come and did hurt. As was feared. This time it had air cover. As was feared.

- Some places in Central Russia are very surprised with the new management that seems to have come from nowhere.

- Still got the lingering feeling that something is missing from the south-eastern corner of the map.

- After years of wandering in the desert, an Iraqi command finally discovered the legendary and lost Saudian stockpile. In xKoma.

New map:

- The front in the Lowlands seems to be wavering. But the French and British won't leave without a fight.

- Italy is pushed back to the Alps, but will probably get some assistance from his TA's to stem the Atlantic tide.

- The long expected Algerian counterattack has come and did hurt. As was feared. This time it had air cover. As was feared.

- Some places in Central Russia are very surprised with the new management that seems to have come from nowhere.

- Still got the lingering feeling that something is missing from the south-eastern corner of the map.

- After years of wandering in the desert, an Iraqi command finally discovered the legendary and lost Saudian stockpile. In xKoma.

Things look bleak for the British on the surface. The French have pretty much collapsed, despite the propaganda, and the Austrian 1st army now prepares to finish off the remaining French army in xMetz. Denmark, Spain and Czechoslovakia are all long gone. The Hungarians have entered the fray with two huge armies, after Britain, Baltic States and Poland spent nearly 20 turns beating each other senseless, so there is virtually nothing left to fight them with. We had a nice little war going, and then up pop 18 Hungarian T-34's and frankly, ruined the neighbohood.

There is, however, cause for hope. MI-6 is reporting major setbacks for both the Poles and the Finns on the eastern front. The Norwegian air force has been devastated, and though still effective, is a shell of its former self. The Baltic States army is virtually annihilated, and will not be rebuilt soon, and they must look to their eastern frontier, as the Iraqis and Persians may be showing up there soon. Irish production is keeping our factories humming at peak effeciency. We have complete air superiority, and our bombers roam at will over the European countryside.

Will it be enough to hold Amsterdam? Not likely. The Hungarians are like an inexorable tide slowly moving west and north. The naval situation is interesting. Poland, Baltic States and Norway all have significant surface fleets, and tons of subs. Individually, my navy is larger then any of them, but collectively, they double me. The RAF is too busy with Hungarian hordes to really help much. The siege of England may be about to begin, should be fun, if a bit bloody.

New map:

damn paratroopers :thumbsup:

You should see what I have coming to the front from the homeland, it makes my current frontier armies look like Boy Scouts but I am looking forward to creating a vast Hungarian Navy and seeing what I can find. These saliors have been in training for over 40 turns are are now old men, they have practiced the art of seamanship using rubber boats and are itching to get out of the rivers and into the open sea. We have heard talk about giant sea monsters, they must be destroyed.

New map:

damn paratroopers :thumbsup:

He Dageraad, i know that they know that it were paratroopers that took moscow, but if you were not in my alliance or in their alliance, you would not know that, and then you would draw a nice land bridge from our front to moscow...

it makes the picture very nice.

And as a side note, did I just win the race? I know we originally intended to race for Berlin, but you did mention that you thought Moscow to be a more realistic target...

He Dageraad, i know that they know that it were paratroopers that took moscow, but if you were not in my alliance or in their alliance, you would not know that, and then you would draw a nice land bridge from our front to moscow...

And as a side note, did I just win the race? I know we originally intended to race for Berlin, but you did mention that you thought Moscow to be a more realistic target...

Something like this?

paras.png

If it makes you happy, you just won the race to xMoscow. Now try to hold on to it (heh, heh) and let's race for xBerlin. Most people react to such a drop with:

- amazement :thumbsup:

- anger :thumbsup:

- orders to retake the target ASAP

- orders to build LDB's all over the place

- Thirst for revenge. :thumbsup:

So how's the LDB stack in xBaghdad doing?

Something like this?

paras.png

If it makes you happy, you just won the race to xMoscow. Now try to hold on to it (heh, heh) and let's race for xBerlin. Most people react to such a drop with:

I amaze myself sometimes with the bonehead orders i write!! I will be looking for your drops in game 89.

I need ICBMs.

Something like this?

paras.png

I amaze myself sometimes with the bonehead orders i write!! I will be looking for your drops in game 89.

I need ICBMs.

I won't even comment with what that map is looking like right now!

Something like this?

paras.png

its tiny compared to the stack in leningrad...

(cough cough) Erm Mr X you and your french buddy scratched the paint on my nice new T34-Cs - I am very upset about that :( I will now have to claim on my Insurance and lose my no claims bonus. Tut tut!

Pretty much all I can do, but I hope to keep Hungarian paint manufacturers busy.