Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

I think you guys have cut a deal.

Deathwalker

US-87

I think you're stating the obvious here. And it has been going on some time now. Guess it's lucky that even with the numbers they have, they seem to have trouble conquering and destroying others.

Iceland has had no contact with the Southern European nations. AND no standing agreement with any Southern European nation in regard to anything in Game 87 of Victory. You want to throw around whispered/assumed agreements...here's a couple for you: Color Central Russia YELLOW on the original map and Great Britain GREY.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deathwalker

US-87

I think you're stating the obvious here. And it has been going on some time now. Guess it's lucky that even with the numbers they have, they seem to have trouble conquering and destroying others.

Iceland has had no contact with the Southern European nations. AND no standing agreement with any Southern European nation in regard to anything in Game 87 of Victory. You want to throw around whispered/assumed agreements...here's a couple for you: Color Central Russia YELLOW on the original map and Great Britain GREY.

Well...I communicated directly with Slicer, who said point blank that your alliance had a deal with the the SE alliance. Actions seem to support his statement. Nothing whispered or assumed.....

Deathwalker

US-87

Well...I communicated directly with Slicer, who said point blank that your alliance had a deal with the the SE alliance. Actions seem to support his statement. Nothing whispered or assumed.....

I don't know who Slicer is, don't even know which nation that player has in this game. I am working with Norway (Viking Pilot) & Finland (El Paso Pete). What ever agreements have been made I was NOT privy to and NOT consulted upon at any time, so don't throw me under that bus. I know that you two keep notes from game to game on what YOU believe is cheating and unfair play. Any agreements they made, I am sure, were in what they thought were their best interests to win the game, which I believe is everyone's goal. & while you are at it ~ if you have been told that a deal is in place, it's not really too much of a stretch to THINK one has been cut, now is it?

Deathwalker

US-87

Well you are partially correct- Slicer is TA with Monty. He was independent way back around turn 7. He has since TA'd with what you call the SE alliance. So from your perspective it looks like 'we' have a deal. I see where you are coming from.

Matters not- question is- does USA want to go toe to toe with the 5 of us? Your call.

I'll let Viking Pilot and Earthling continue the negotiations as I'm occupied with Dageraad pretty heavily.

Deathwalker

US-87

Well you are partially correct- Slicer is TA with Monty. He was independent way back around turn 7. He has since TA'd with what you call the SE alliance. So from your perspective it looks like 'we' have a deal. I see where you are coming from.

Matters not- question is- does USA want to go toe to toe with the 5 of us? Your call.

I'll let Viking Pilot and Earthling continue the negotiations as I'm occupied with Dageraad pretty heavily.

Wow, what a whiney #$@. You guys have been fighting me basically 6 on 1 for the past 30 turns, and now somebody actually joins on my side and all you can do is try and talk him out of it. Sheesh, you still outnumber us badly, what is your problem? Grow a set, for goodness sakes.

Out of curiousity, who will you guys fight if Great Britain dies? Might not Canada and USA be in the crosshairs? Will Norway go after Persia? Sure.

Neither the "blue" team, nor the "red" team is made up out of only one team, smoothly working together. Both teams are held together by the famous saying: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Of course we in the Middle East want France and Great Britain to survive. They are keeping Norway and Baltic States occupied, and part of Finland's airforce. We are fighting a war in the Ukraine on roughly equal odds. (We probably have a higher production per country, but there are more of them and they have shorter supply routes).

What would Norway ever do when and if Great Britain was conquered?

If Great Britain needs the help of the USA to survive, then Go team USA!

I do not see Finland concentrating its efforts against the USA, nor do I see Poland abandoning the front against Iraq. so it won't ever be 5 against 1.

Neither the "blue" team, nor the "red" team is made up out of only one team, smoothly working together. Both teams are held together by the famous saying: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Of course we in the Middle East want France and Great Britain to survive. They are keeping Norway and Baltic States occupied, and part of Finland's airforce. We are fighting a war in the Ukraine on roughly equal odds. (We probably have a higher production per country, but there are more of them and they have shorter supply routes).

What would Norway ever do when and if Great Britain was conquered?

If Great Britain needs the help of the USA to survive, then Go team USA!

I do not see Finland concentrating its efforts against the USA, nor do I see Poland abandoning the front against Iraq. so it won't ever be 5 against 1.

Actually, I see little fighting in the "blue" team, while there is some fierce fighting in the (blank area) "red" team. So in my case the enemy of my enemy is blue, because my main enemy is red, as red as the lost blood of all those armies and air forces lost in the battle over Libya.

With Iceland also involved in and around Central Russia, I imagine Earthling will be involved with Dageraad pretty soon too. And you have indeed been kept busy, or should I say, you have indeed lost a lot of troops on the plains of Central Russia already.

With Iceland also involved in and around Central Russia, I imagine Earthling will be involved with Dageraad pretty soon too. And you have indeed been kept busy, or should I say, you have indeed lost a lot of troops on the plains of Central Russia already.

Yes, those airborne regiments and that Mech will surely be missed.

Yes, those airborne regiments and that Mech will surely be missed.

LOL. Was I talking about your losses? Have you lost that much? :-)

Just to put fuel on the fire, USA did contact me a while back to ask if there was this "Agreement" I said no and there is no agreement only in that Poland is my TA and the ones to the south of me are my TAs and that has been the lines of comunication between us. USA also asked if I would turn north and join the USA lot againt the boys in blue. Everyone concerned knows my response as I copied them in on it.

If memory serves me I also complimented them on there progress and suggested they did not need me to switch sides. They dont they are putting up a sterling fight in France. I also compliment GB for his continued defiance.

We should all play as the chips fall, when USA and Canada are in full retreat and defeated in 5 turns who knows what decissions the Hungarian High Command with make :rolleyes:

Wow, what a whiney #$@. You guys have been fighting me basically 6 on 1 for the past 30 turns, and now somebody actually joins on my side and all you can do is try and talk him out of it. Sheesh, you still outnumber us badly, what is your problem? Grow a set, for goodness sakes.

Out of curiousity, who will you guys fight if Great Britain dies? Might not Canada and USA be in the crosshairs? Will Norway go after Persia? Sure.

Isn't that the best plan in any war? Outnumber your enemies in production AND sheer army quantities? I have been on the wrong side of those numbers too many times in the game of Victory!, so I understand the frustration, especially when I have put up a good fight. In Game 86 I have been on the opposite side of those numbers the entire game. But, really I have never really fought more than 3 opponents at a time even though the opposite block(s) are much more numerous. My active opponents are all that matters to me in any game. Mark, I must say that you have lingered on quite a long time and done a fantastic job of not giving in to the bad numbers. Well done. Now quit whining a start fighting, will ya? :rolleyes:

Isn't that the best plan in any war? Outnumber your enemies in production AND sheer army quantities? I have been on the wrong side of those numbers too many times in the game of Victory!, so I understand the frustration, especially when I have put up a good fight. In Game 86 I have been on the opposite side of those numbers the entire game. But, really I have never really fought more than 3 opponents at a time even though the opposite block(s) are much more numerous. My active opponents are all that matters to me in any game. Mark, I must say that you have lingered on quite a long time and done a fantastic job of not giving in to the bad numbers. Well done. Now quit whining a start fighting, will ya? :rolleyes:

Lol Frommie. I have in excess of 50,000 air kills and 50,000 land kills, and over 20,000 in navy kills. Imagine what I would have if I had been fighting. I would be willing to bet nobody else in the game approaches those numbers.

Lol Frommie. I have in excess of 50,000 air kills and 50,000 land kills, and over 20,000 in navy kills. Imagine what I would have if I had been fighting. I would be willing to bet nobody else in the game approaches those numbers.

:rolleyes: I cannot approach those numbers!

You are underestimating the carnage in the Libyan desert.