Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owch those Brits have teeth :cheers: It seems the Brits are not running away as expected, they seem to be doing an Alamo in Alsfeld :thumbsup:

We are all interested over here if you are going to do a Santa Anna.

Owch those Brits have teeth :cheers: It seems the Brits are not running away as expected, they seem to be doing an Alamo in Alsfeld :thumbsup:

I fully intend to do just that, the coming few turns will feature some Great Battles between the Hungarian and British forces

I think it looks more like Leipzig, with overwhelming forces from multiple nations converging to inflict a devastating defeat on the western power. (At least that is the result we are hoping for!) I guess being principally a naval power I fill the role of the British, which makes me a bit conflicted since we are fighting the British... who am I rooting for again?

I think it looks more like Leipzig, with overwhelming forces from multiple nations converging to inflict a devastating defeat on the western power. (At least that is the result we are hoping for!) I guess being principally a naval power I fill the role of the British, which makes me a bit conflicted since we are fighting the British... who am I rooting for again?

Me of course being an indirect total ally :thumbsup: care to share the forces waiting in the wings?

Me of course being an indirect total ally :thumbsup: care to share the forces waiting in the wings?

For security purposes, I can only say that we have A divisions in location X, B divisions in location Y and C divisions in location Z (plus smaller forces in locations L, M, N, O, and P). A special courier will be sent to your undisclosed location with a key to this code....

Owch those Brits have teeth :thumbsup: It seems the Brits are not running away as expected, they seem to be doing an Alamo in Alsfeld :ranting:

Me of course being an indirect total ally :ranting: care to share the forces waiting in the wings?

For security purposes, I can only say that we have A divisions in location X, B divisions in location Y and C divisions in location Z (plus smaller forces in locations L, M, N, O, and P). A special courier will be sent to your undisclosed location with a key to this code....

What about those 50 fighters heading for Alsfeld..... oooops :thumbsup: I think that was restricted information. Marklen X forget what I said, I never mentioned fighters, I meant to say... erm.. Cooks, yes thats right 50 Cooks to... bake a cake. yes thats right. 50 Cooks to bake a cake for the king of.... erm Bolivia, no no I mean the Duke of Peru, oh sorry I mean the Count of Montecristo. Thats right.

Now thats all clear I can confirm Divisions Y O U and R and in positions G O I N G along with air groups T O and bomber commands D I E brigades are all ready to attack X, and we all know that X MARKS the spot, dont we :cheers:

Owch those Brits have teeth :thumbsup: It seems the Brits are not running away as expected, they seem to be doing an Alamo in Alsfeld :ranting:

Me of course being an indirect total ally :ranting: care to share the forces waiting in the wings?

What about those 50 fighters heading for Alsfeld..... oooops :thumbsup: I think that was restricted information. Marklen X forget what I said, I never mentioned fighters, I meant to say... erm.. Cooks, yes thats right 50 Cooks to... bake a cake. yes thats right. 50 Cooks to bake a cake for the king of.... erm Bolivia, no no I mean the Duke of Peru, oh sorry I mean the Count of Montecristo. Thats right.

Now thats all clear I can confirm Divisions Y O U and R and in positions G O I N G along with air groups T O and bomber commands D I E brigades are all ready to attack X, and we all know that X MARKS the spot, dont we :cheers:

I can think of few things better than you sending 50 of any Russian planes over Alsfeld. I know the odds are stacked against me, but like I said before, you will not beat me with rhetoric, you have to come out of that trench and do it.

I can think of few things better than you sending 50 of any Russian planes over Alsfeld. I know the odds are stacked against me, but like I said before, you will not beat me with rhetoric, you have to come out of that trench and do it.

Your right but it is fun until the battles comence:)

where can I order tickets for the ringside to watch this show?

I can't wait to see those battle results........EM BAT, EM BAT, EM BAT.............

I can't wait to see those battle results........EM BAT, EM BAT, EM BAT.............

So do I.

Santa Anna storming the Alamo. My knowledge of American history is not perfect, but remind me:

how did it end with Santa Anna?

So do I.

Santa Anna storming the Alamo. My knowledge of American history is not perfect, but remind me:

At the Alamo? or when Santa Anna was hunted down by James Sylvester after the Battle of San Jacinto?

The battle at the Alamo served its purpose. It was nothing more than a delaying battle for the Texans to gather more forces to face Santa Anna. Those who stayed to fight Santa Anna knew what they were up against. They held their own against terrible odds and fell in the end. However, the Texans rose to the occasion to fight Santa Anna at several locations. When he was captured, he was running from his own loss at San Jacinto, hiding in the wilderness in a private's uniform knowing what he would face after what happened at the Alamo.

So do I.

At the Alamo? or when Santa Anna was hunted down by James Sylvester after the Battle of San Jacinto?

The battle at the Alamo served its purpose. It was nothing more than a delaying battle for the Texans to gather more forces to face Santa Anna. Those who stayed to fight Santa Anna knew what they were up against. They held their own against terrible odds and fell in the end. However, the Texans rose to the occasion to fight Santa Anna at several locations. When he was captured, he was running from his own loss at San Jacinto, hiding in the wilderness in a private's uniform knowing what he would face after what happened at the Alamo.

The Battle of the Alamo was 189 Texans against Santa Anna's army (est. between 2400 and 3000) odds about 15-1. The Texans held them off for 13 days before the final assault by Santa Anna took the Alamo (a former mission). There were only 7 male survivors, all of whom were summarily executed by Santa Anna. The women survivors were let go and told by Santa Anna to 'spread the word' of the Texans defeat and the 'invincibility' of the Mexican army. The Texans, in response, gathered and declared their independence from Mexico. Santa Anna conintued to march on the Texans, his army outnumbered the Texans by 6 to 1 and he assumed that his numerical superiority and the Texans 'loss' at the Alamo would cause the Texans to run. It had the opposite effect. About 1 1/2 months later, in April of 1836, the Texan army attacked Santa Anna's Army at Lynchburg Ferry (now called the Battle of San Jacinto). Many men were yelling, 'Remember the Alamo' as the attacked. The outnumbered Texan army defeated the suprised Mexican Army of Santa Anna in about 18 minutes.

(this of course is the quick nutshell version)

So, Santa Anna won the Battle but lost the war.

and yes, I live in Texas. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers: