Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

But I guess the leader of Nizwa, the devourer of the desert, the destroyer of wooden camels, the bane of Persian glass bottomed boats will not stop begging from support of other world leaders, even if Nizwa is finally taken (in about a turn or 10).

Not that it matters, but just to be clear, the leader of Nizwa has NEVER begged for support from anyone. When it has been offered, we have accepted, but we have never begged. :rolleyes::cheers:

Oh well, that could be my misinterpretation. Or not. Or.... Oh well, as long as the former leader of the UAE, the current leader of Nizwa, partner to the greatest LDB builder in the world, mister "how many rangers can you build to destroy a countries economy" just surrenders, everything is OK. Iraqi leaders just don't work fast enough. Maybe I can offer you a deal. Let's make peace, get a TA (I'll break some TA somewhere) and I'll cede you Fada, in Libya. That way you are way closer to your allies. You can start building again there and fight against us, instead of your hopeless position in Nizwa. It;s also a desert province, you'll feel right at home. And no stinking oilfields. Deal?

And what would you do if Kurassier said "Yes, lets do this?"

Latest map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t35.png

No large changes this time. The silence before the storm?

There is talk about secret plans. And plans behind plans.

Will we see the sudden return of Spongebob?

The citizens of xNizwa see a large, metal elephant approaching.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think General Al-Qadissiya needs to change his name to General Santa Anna! :angry:

LONG LIVE NIZWA! The last of the United Arab Emirates. :thumbsup:

Congratulations.

On to the next round.

At the Alamo there was another cause to fight for: the rest of Texas.

xNizwa is more like Massada: the last remnant of a kingdom that has no help from the outside, no chance of a breakout and limited time untill the enemy finally breaks through. Or the last siege of xByzantium. Or xBerlin '45.

All of those scenarios ended badly for the defender.

I think General Al-Qadissiya needs to change his name to General Santa Anna! :angry:

LONG LIVE NIZWA! The last of the United Arab Emirates. :thumbsup:

Congratulations.

On to the next round.

At the Alamo there was another cause to fight for: the rest of Texas.

xNizwa is more like Massada: the last remnant of a kingdom that has no help from the outside, no chance of a breakout and limited time untill the enemy finally breaks through. Or the last siege of xByzantium. Or xBerlin '45.

All of those scenarios ended badly for the defender.

While I would normally agree with the Massada/Alamo reference, we have heard that Sam Houston has landed in Oman.

Rumors are starting to circulate that Denmark is planning to rebrand itself as "The Empire of Bornholm". The Norwegian External Research Department (N.E.R.D.) is attempting to follow up on these rumors, but appear to lack the social skills necessary to uncover the accuracy of the rumors. More on this as/if we gather any additional information.....

Rumors are starting to circulate that Denmark is planning to rebrand itself as "The Empire of Bornholm". The Norwegian External Research Department (N.E.R.D.) is attempting to follow up on these rumors, but appear to lack the social skills necessary to uncover the accuracy of the rumors. More on this as/if we gather any additional information.....

I am sure I can assist you with that endeavour, the Hungarian Secret Police are one of the greatest investigative forces in the world today. We have done this by creating the perfect self sustaining economy thus allowing us to spend vast amounts on covert missions around the world. Please submit your N45 form through the usual channels and we will process it in about 6 months.

Our Secret Police may be good but we have the worst red tape in all of creation :angry:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t36.png

- Denmark gone. Will Great Brittain and France be next?

- Nizwa not yet gone. A massive relief effort is on its way from Pakistan and Ethiopia.

- Lots of movement in the Ukraine. Poland and Baltic states have something else to shoot at.

- Trench warfare in Libya and Western Europe.

- Halfway in the game. Just 7 more turns and some players can build nice transporter planes.

No, it is not going to happen. Though the battle has heated up considerably lately.

[ Actually, it is very fluid in the west, with the lines changing daily, it seems.

- Halfway in the game. Just 7 more turns and some players can build nice transporter planes.

No, it is not going to happen. Though the battle has heated up considerably lately.

[ Actually, it is very fluid in the west, with the lines changing daily, it seems.

At 1220 AIR each, those Mondo Messerschmidts (Me-323d-2) must be as big as the Antonov 225!

This is turning into one epic battle for supremacy, however i feel red will soon be too small to fight back. Im still looking for a way to reach the channel.

Are you still playing?

Rumours of my death have been greatly exagerated :rolleyes:

Unlike the bird in the Monte Python pet shop sketch he really was just resting on his perch (I am sure the rumors of bulking up on steroids are untrue).

As for needing a path to the channel, you have to make one... and hopefully your TA didn't block the path we left open for you!