Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

REMEMBER NIZWA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):taz::(<_<

Congratulations. :taz: If your 31 ARM points I killed during the entire game (in turn 3 even) required this revenge then I assume you contacted the Borg to nuke Iraq and Persia from orbit?

Oh, and I forgot to mention, my 'REMEMBER NIZWA', didn't have anything to do with the attacks in N. Africa. I just don't have much to do in this game and was just reliving the 'glory' days when I actually had troops. Sigh..... :)

Fair enough. I misunderstood your intentions then.

How about letting the rest of us in on the big battle?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about letting the rest of us in on the big battle?

Actually, the battle itself was fairly boring. A couple airborne units defeated some LDBs. The important part was the airborne units' dismantling of the airbase......

(just a note, the Nizwanians had nothing to do with this, it was all the Algerians, Hoo rah! )

Ahhhhh the Tiger I finally arrives. The long awaited DSM improvement. Just now that France and his <BEEP> T34's is dead :(

Where are zhose Me262's when you need zhem?

Von Manstein

Considering the recent movement in the frontlines you will soon be fighting against nations that curse your :):taz: DSM advantage.

While I curse their superior fighters. :taz:

Von Manstein

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t42.png

- For those complaining that nothing seems to be happening in Libya: it is just as exciting as it has been for the last 20 turns or so.

The conflict is getting more varied with the introduction of "a few" Me 323 dropping "one or maybe two" Algerian para regiments on top of "some" Syrian planes. And it is good to see that Tunisia shares the Persian optimism about Russian ship design.

- The way that Ireland has been carved up looks like a compromise. Bon appetit. How can I ever adapt the color sheme to show this?

- The Hungarians seem tio have reached the North Sea, but have yet to find a place were they can finally build those vaunted Marats. Another optimist. And that against a possible united Anglo-Americano-Canadian fleet with Air superiority.

- Finland has been very stable this turn. That usually is the quiet part just before something bad happens to me.

- Ceterum censeo Terra Geluem Timendem esse.

For years the most reliable source of information on the forum.

Only slightly biased.

Now with 50% more propaganda for the same price!

Your search - Ceterum censeo Terra Geluem Timendem esse - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

Try different keywords.

Try more general keywords.

Try fewer keywords.

Tried a translation from Latin yet, you barbarian?

"I think, however, to be feared to be the land of frost"

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t42.png

- For those complaining that nothing seems to be happening in Libya: it is just as exciting as it has been for the last 20 turns or so.

The conflict is getting more varied with the introduction of "a few" Me 323 dropping "one or maybe two" Algerian para regiments on top of "some" Syrian planes. And it is good to see that Tunisia shares the Persian optimism about Russian ship design.

- The way that Ireland has been carved up looks like a compromise. Bon appetit. How can I ever adapt the color sheme to show this?

- The Hungarians seem tio have reached the North Sea, but have yet to find a place were they can finally build those vaunted Marats. Another optimist. And that against a possible united Anglo-Americano-Canadian fleet with Air superiority.

- Finland has been very stable this turn. That usually is the quiet part just before something bad happens to me.

For years the most reliable source of information on the forum.

Only slightly biased.

Now with 50% more propaganda for the same price!

Hmm, how much longer will the Finns allow their air force to be slaughtered in the west by the British, while the MEA grinds them to dust in the east? Will Norway Baltic States and Hungary repay the Finns by sending air power, (such as they have left) east to help Finland hold the line?

What do you mean? what I have left. I got loads of aircraft sitting on the tarmac back home with nothing to do. No point sending them west. If the call came through that help was need in the east then the Hungarians would respond. We have had no such call and as such I fear you are exagerating the Finnish situation.

Nothing to see here.... all is calm.

You should be more worried about what the Hungarian Sailors, devoid of female companionship will do when they reach London. Lock up your women the Hungry Hungarians are coming.

What do you mean? what I have left. I got loads of aircraft sitting on the tarmac back home with nothing to do. No point sending them west. If the call came through that help was need in the east then the Hungarians would respond. We have had no such call and as such I fear you are exagerating the Finnish situation.

Nothing to see here.... all is calm.

You should be more worried about what the Hungarian Sailors, devoid of female companionship will do when they reach London. Lock up your women the Hungry Hungarians are coming.

Well, a few facts. Finland just lost over 1500 air points in one raid on his last turn, while inflicting very minor damage. Meanwhile, I have it on good authority that his troops are being overrun in Russia, and he is suffering huge losses to MEA air power.

I have not seen a Hungarian plane since I spanked their behind and sent them to their room over Arnhem more than 10 turns ago. I have no doubt they exist, but are obviously afraid to venture out of their holes.

The Norwegians are still trying, but their air force has been devastated recently.

The Austrians have a turn 10 level air force.

I too think of that as calm.

Your search - Ceterum censeo Terra Geluem Timendem esse - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Try different keywords.

Try fewer keywords.

"I think, however, to be feared to be the land of frost."

Are you trying to warn me that I am about to be invaded at the hands of the North Americans/British? Or is it that you fear me? Either conclusion is quite interesting......

Suggestions:

Try different keywords.

Try fewer keywords.

"I think, however, to be feared to be the land of frost."

Are you trying to warn me that I am about to be invaded at the hands of the North Americans/British? Or is it that you fear me? Either conclusion is quite interesting......

At the moment the only wars you are active in are against Northern and Central Russia. AFAIK.

But you remain an active nation with the buildup of 42 turns behind him. That's a lot of AIR points.

And turn 44 is approaching fast.

Until now, Iceland has been a bystander in the wars on the eastern and western front. I do not believe this will last.

• 2 weeks later...

And here is the new map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t43.png

- The Northern Europeans seem to have recovered from the sneak attacks on xMoscow and xKristiansand, at the same time executing an orderly retreat in the Ukraine.

- The war in the Lowlands and northern France is nearing its conclusion.

- No doubt there are all kinds of interesting things happening in southern France, but noone tells me.

- Most certainly there are interesting things going on in Libya. There are rumours that the Turks actually sunk something belonging to the enemy. Welcome to the game, Turkey.

- I now understand why some people do not want to play Central Russia. What an overwhelming amount of emptyness.

And here is the new map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t43.png

- The Northern Europeans seem to have recovered from the sneak attacks on xMoscow and xKristiansand, at the same time executing an orderly retreat in the Ukraine.

- The war in the Lowlands and northern France is nearing its conclusion.

- No doubt there are all kinds of interesting things happening in southern France, but noone tells me.

- Most certainly there are interesting things going on in Libya. There are rumours that the Turks actually sunk something belonging to the enemy. Welcome to the game, Turkey.

- I now understand why some people do not want to play Central Russia. What an overwhelming amount of emptyness.

Shouts most often heard over Libya these turns, both dreaded and yet full of expectations: Ze Plane! Ze Plane! And yes, these do bring passengers.