Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

- The Persians were surprised by some new Finnish contraptions called "Grant". We refuse to call them tanks. However, they shoot hard, have tracks and there are a lot of them. Lets call them "Mechanised artillery".

Dageraad-

Clankity Clank its a tank... its just that last years tech is what is arriving at the front. I have some shermans somewhere. It takes a while to motor thru forests and swamps. :P

El Paso Pete

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The Persians were surprised by some new Finnish contraptions called "Grant". We refuse to call them tanks. However, they shoot hard, have tracks and there are a lot of them. Lets call them "Mechanised artillery".

Dageraad-

Clankity Clank its a tank... its just that last years tech is what is arriving at the front. I have some shermans somewhere. It takes a while to motor thru forests and swamps. :P

El Paso Pete

It's last years tech for you and Turn 1 tech for me. I do not have to cross any swamps or forests, but compensate for this by a lot of extra plains.

• 2 weeks later...

New map

victory-map-diplomacy-87t46.png

- The problems of Italy grow. It is unclear if and how this will draw Greece and Yugoslavia into the fight. Is Corsica still French?

- We over here in Iraq and Persia are very interested in the war stories from the battle for the North Sea, as we're fighting a nice war against equal opposition and would very much appreciate if Baltic States, Norway, Hungary and Iceland have other things on their mind.

- Lots of movement in Central Russia. Iraq is expanding its holdings and Finland has stopped Persia for the moment. Although it took heavy losses to do so. The plains around Kursk have seen heavy battles, massive clashes between mechanised and armored divisions, pincers, tactical withdrawals, surrounings and fights till the end.

Turn 46 equals may 1943 and the historic battle of Kursk was fought in juli 1943, so we're a bit early.

- A relative quiet turn in the Lybian desert. One hears whispers like "Panther" and "Tiger". And lots of pilots die, but that is no news.

New map

- The problems of Italy grow. It is unclear if and how this will draw Greece and Yugoslavia into the fight. Is Corsica still French?

- We over here in Iraq and Persia are very interested in the war stories from the battle for the North Sea, as we're fighting a nice war against equal opposition and would very much appreciate if Baltic States, Norway, Hungary and Iceland have other things on their mind.

- Lots of movement in Central Russia. Iraq is expanding its holdings and Finland has stopped Persia for the moment. Although it took heavy losses to do so. The plains around Kursk have seen heavy battles, massive clashes between mechanised and armored divisions, pincers, tactical withdrawals, surrounings and fights till the end.

Turn 46 equals may 1943 and the historic battle of Kursk was fought in juli 1943, so we're a bit early.

- A relative quiet turn in the Lybian desert. One hears whispers like "Panther" and "Tiger". And lots of pilots die, but that is no news.

Can't speak for others, but US has sent a few Norwegian ships to the bottom. While it wasn't top on our priority list, Norway and his TA's chose to create an informal agreement with our mortal enemies Italy, Austria, etc. Given this, helping out GB seemed the right thing to do. Might make sense for you guys to engage Italy and his buddies from the east for the same reason. The enemy of my enemy and all that. . . .

Deathwalker

US-87

New map

Can't speak for others, but US has sent a few Norwegian ships to the bottom. While it wasn't top on our priority list, Norway and his TA's chose to create an informal agreement with our mortal enemies Italy, Austria, etc. Given this, helping out GB seemed the right thing to do. Might make sense for you guys to engage Italy and his buddies from the east for the same reason. The enemy of my enemy and all that. . . .

Deathwalker

US-87

They have? I must've missed that memo.

New map

Deathwalker

US-87

Mabe you are just out of the loop. . .

I contacted one of the Northern Alliance earlier in the game and that was the excuse they gave for not being willing to make any political agreements with us. In addition, we haven't seen any signs of hostilities between your groups or territory changing hands in spite of the long border between you.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that Canada and US have no interest in fighting the Northern Alliance. We can spend the rest of the game grinding it out with Italy and Austria and the rest of their homies on the continent rather than sparing over the islands with the Northern Alliance. If Norway withdraws from GB and he and his TA's offer PAP's, we will be happy to "live and let live". However, I do not think this is in the cards. I think you guys have cut a deal.

See you in Maribor. . .

Deathwalker

US-87

New map

Deathwalker

US-87

Mabe you are just out of the loop. . .

I contacted one of the Northern Alliance earlier in the game and that was the excuse they gave for not being willing to make any political agreements with us. In addition, we haven't seen any signs of hostilities between your groups or territory changing hands in spite of the long border between you.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that Canada and US have no interest in fighting the Northern Alliance. We can spend the rest of the game grinding it out with Italy and Austria and the rest of their homies on the continent rather than sparing over the islands with the Northern Alliance. If Norway withdraws from GB and he and his TA's offer PAP's, we will be happy to "live and let live". However, I do not think this is in the cards. I think you guys have cut a deal.

See you in Maribor. . .

Deathwalker

US-87

I'll be waiting...

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that Canada and US have no interest in fighting the Northern Alliance. We can spend the rest of the game grinding it out with Italy and Austria and the rest of their homies on the continent rather than sparing over the islands with the Northern Alliance.

Deathwalker

US-87

That grinding will likely become a running retreat to Portugal. Zhe Panthers have arrived... Can you pull off a second Dunkerque?

Von Manstein.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that Canada and US have no interest in fighting the Northern Alliance. We can spend the rest of the game grinding it out with Italy and Austria and the rest of their homies on the continent rather than sparing over the islands with the Northern Alliance.

Deathwalker

US-87

That grinding will likely become a running retreat to Portugal. Zhe Panthers have arrived... Can you pull off a second Dunkerque?

Von Manstein.

Thanks for moving those panzers over to the coast. Bet it took a lot of fuel. Not only are they starting to rust, but now they are at prime range for our aircraft.

Yes it will take some time to deal with your attempted flanking maneuver. However, in the meantime, Italy is fading fast.

Deathwalker

US-87

Deathwalker

US-87

Von Manstein.

I dont think they can :rolleyes: I have that town and you know what that means dont you? - SHIPS :cheers: My sailors can stop chasing sheep around the french countryside and finally start doing what they are paid for - SINKING AMERICANS

I think you guys have cut a deal.

Deathwalker

US-87

I think you're stating the obvious here. And it has been going on some time now. Guess it's lucky that even with the numbers they have, they seem to have trouble conquering and destroying others.

To support the point Deathwalker is making the following map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t46_2teams.png

This time i have colored the nations based on who is actually fighting who and left out all nations that do not participate in the "European" war.

Some of the countries in the same team are actualy at war with eachother, but effectively on the same team.

I left out the part of Africa and the middle east that is ighting its own little war.

Blue outnumbers red about 3 to 2, but the red team is retreating in the west and will probably lose some high value cities soon.

This is not compensated in the east. Although Iraq and Persia are pushing back Poland and Finland, they are fighting over empty cities there.

A lot will depend on the war in Italy.

Deathwalker

US-87

Von Manstein.

I dont think they can :rolleyes: I have that town and you know what that means dont you? - SHIPS :cheers: My sailors can stop chasing sheep around the french countryside and finally start doing what they are paid for - SINKING AMERICANS

Good luck with that. . .

Deathwalker

To support the point Deathwalker is making the following map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t46_2teams.png

This time i have colored the nations based on who is actually fighting who and left out all nations that do not participate in the "European" war.

Some of the countries in the same team are actualy at war with eachother, but effectively on the same team.

I left out the part of Africa and the middle east that is ighting its own little war.

Blue outnumbers red about 3 to 2, but the red team is retreating in the west and will probably lose some high value cities soon.

This is not compensated in the east. Although Iraq and Persia are pushing back Poland and Finland, they are fighting over empty cities there.

A lot will depend on the war in Italy.

We had no quarrel with the US/Canada group- it was they who DW vs Norway.

And we have no understanding with the Green team. They are allies, but I have never communicated with Yugo or Greece or Austria or Italy. But I will if the US doesn't drop its support of GB.

Deathwalker- If you stop now and SFP, all goes back as it was, only a few naval scratches to mend. Let us take GB and we let you take Ireland. :rolleyes: