Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- A very quiet turn in Lybia, as all parties fighting there are shocked by the British announcement of kills. Both sides agree that they can do better than that.

I'm all for some peace and quiet in the desert, but it won't last for long. Maybe it's the summer heat, beating down on all the shredded metal, which makes the generals more careful.

- A very quiet turn in Lybia, as all parties fighting there are shocked by the British announcement of kills. Both sides agree that they can do better than that.

I'm all for some peace and quiet in the desert, but it won't last for long. Maybe it's the summer heat, beating down on all the shredded metal, which makes the generals more careful.

LYBIA?? Sounds suspiciously like a body part...oh, wait, that's LABIA. Libya is the country.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t47.png

- Another disastrous turn for Italy. Can the Central European team recover from this?

- How long will Hungary stare at the English channel?

- Central Russia is reduced to one city, putting pressure on the Persians to extend their front with Finland. Need More Orders. Now that I am at it, need more armies, airforce, munition,and general supplies too. Fuel I have enough.

- No large Finnish offensive against Persia this turn. They must have run out of Finns for the moment. A good thing, as the Persians have run out of ammunition.

We here the rumble of Shermans in the distance and they are strengthening their air force. Must do something about that.

- Poland, being far more cautious as Finland, is keeping his reserves uncomitted at the moment and holds a stable front against the Iraqi's.

- Rumors about massive air battles in England persist.

<Insert battle reports here>

(Yes, I know that the fall of xAmsterdam is not in it, but apparently Baltic States and Persia run on the same day and I was first this time)

Confirmed:

Baltic States has conquered xAmsterdam from Great Britain

Guess Hungary should have been airstriking GB (or Hungary) instead of US last turn!!!

Deathwalker

New map:

- Another disastrous turn for Italy. Can the Central European team recover from this?

- Central Russia is reduced to one city, putting pressure on the Persians to extend their front with Finland. Need More Orders. Now that I am at it, need more armies, airforce, munition,and general supplies too. Fuel I have enough.

- No large Finnish offensive against Persia this turn. They must have run out of Finns for the moment. A good thing, as the Persians have run out of ammunition.

We here the rumble of Shermans in the distance and they are strengthening their air force. Must do something about that.

- Poland, being far more cautious as Finland, is keeping his reserves uncomitted at the moment and holds a stable front against the Iraqi's.

(Yes, I know that the fall of xAmsterdam is not in it, but apparently Baltic States and Persia run on the same day and I was first this time)

More news:

Some tourists with parachutes went sightseeing in xParis. All they saw was the guillotine. Great invention;

Zhe french are still alive. Well sort of;

USA counterattacked with rotten odds. Another american 'miscalculation'?

Keep 'm coming!

Von Manstein

which city changed hands the most in this game?

all this talking about amsterdam and paris makes me wonder....

xMoscow? CR -> Finland -> Iraq -> Finland ?

And here's the newest experiment in map making.

Not counting naval kills.

V87-temperature_47.png

V87-temperature_47.png

So xNizwa is no longer grey? hmmmm :rolleyes:

V87-temperature_47.png

So xNizwa is no longer grey? hmmmm :rolleyes:

xNizwa has earned its "red"status on this map.

New map:

More news:

Some tourists with parachutes went sightseeing in xParis. All they saw was the guillotine. Great invention;

Zhe french are still alive. Well sort of;

USA counterattacked with rotten odds. Another american 'miscalculation'?

Keep 'm coming!

Von Manstein

Better do that math again MANSTAIN. I believe my motors did more total ARM points than your defending armor. Even if it was a wash, I can fully repair. Given the rail situation, I doubt you can.

Correct on xParis. Intel was one turn too old. Not a big deal. Cost me one Air 40. Next time I'm coming with 3. What you gonna do then?

The bigger question is how much longer you boys are gonna let Italy hang in the wind. . . If I were him, I would be pretty pissed at my homies for letting US and Canada have our way with him.

Deathwalker

US-87

Better do that math again MANSTAIN. I believe my motors did more total ARM points than your defending armor. Even if it was a wash, I can fully repair. Given the rail situation, I doubt you can.

Correct on xParis. Intel was one turn too old. Not a big deal. Cost me one Air 40. Next time I'm coming with 3. What you gonna do then?

The bigger question is how much longer you boys are gonna let Italy hang in the wind. . . If I were him, I would be pretty pissed at my homies for letting US and Canada have our way with him.

Deathwalker

US-87

You got me to deal with yet, Im just getting warmed up. :rolleyes:

Deathwalker

US-87

More than enough Arm available. Now go back to your Island.

Deathwalker

US-87

More than enough Arm available. Now go back to your Island.

Oh I have no doubt you have a lot of ARM. What I doubt is your ability to get it to where your forces are. This is particularly true given that Canada is about to encircle Switzerland and cut your holdings in France off. Hope you have enough fuel to get those panzers back home to reopen the supply lines. You are certainly not going to do it with a bunch of airbornes.

Regarding Hungary, I am just trembling with fear. . . If he wants to strike into 50 P-51's every turn, have at it. I can use the points.

Deathwalker

US-87

Oh I have no doubt you have a lot of ARM. What I doubt is your ability to get it to where your forces are. This is particularly true given that Canada is about to encircle Switzerland and cut your holdings in France off. Hope you have enough fuel to get those panzers back home to reopen the supply lines. You are certainly not going to do it with a bunch of airbornes.

Regarding Hungary, I am just trembling with fear. . . If he wants to strike into 50 P-51's every turn, have at it. I can use the points.

Deathwalker

US-87

Seems like there is a fun party going on over there. Shame I can't really join in. My spitfires could use the exercise, there haven't been any bombers flying through my cover that much lately. Shame.

Deathwalker

US-87

I think you will find I am a little bit smarter than that and a whole lot wiser. Wont be long now until you must face me, be it in the air, on land or at sea. You and your Canadian buddy have been having too much fun at my Italian brothers expense.

You will pay a high price for your indecretions. :rolleyes: