Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

Well, he as a secret service that is doing a lot of spying for Algeria and Tunisia. It is a kind of undead existance.

I do agree with Viking Pilot about the situation in Russia, and as I have said before, I do not think that Hungary will be eliminated from the game, so I am painting no target on anyones back.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he as a secret service that is doing a lot of spying for Algeria and Tunisia. It is a kind of undead existance.

I do agree with Viking Pilot about the situation in Russia, and as I have said before, I do not think that Hungary will be eliminated from the game, so I am painting no target on anyones back.

Thats because the target is on my forehead. :blush:

Thats because the target is on my forehead. :blush:

You probably produce way more ARM than I do and you have supply lines that are far shorter than mine, and getting help from Baltic States and Iceland. I am feeling like a warrior that notices all kind of red laser targetting spots appearing all over his body.

This hasn't been an accurate statement for a long time. MY SIOL is Zero. B) but I am very active in the game. Verrry interesting....... :woohoo:

ps I'm hiding in plain sight! :ninja: without even hiding! :rolleyes:

If I was reading between the lines that would suggest he is doing a Frenchie and has a secret base that somone somewhere has ceded to him. Hunt him down, find that base, send in James Bond. You not got a scar or 3rd nipple have you Kurrasier? :blush: :blush: :blush:

as long as he's not hiding in the desert its fine with me

If I was reading between the lines that would suggest he is doing a Frenchie and has a secret base that somone somewhere has ceded to him. Hunt him down, find that base, send in James Bond. You not got a scar or 3rd nipple have you Kurrasier? :blush: :blush: :blush:

as long as he's not hiding in the desert its fine with me

Ahhh, but I am in the desert. :ninja: Only I'm no longer hiding very well. It seems some british tech planes came to pay me a visit. :ranting::taz:

Ahhh, but I am in the desert. :ninja: Only I'm no longer hiding very well. It seems some british tech planes came to pay me a visit. :ranting::taz:

Lets see:

You're not in the UAE. we own all of it.

You're not in Saudi Arabia for the same reason.

All of the desert in Egypt and eastern Libya is accounted for.

And you're certainly not somewhere in Russia, as both Iraq and I are using Russian units. Unless you're Poland, who had a visit from the Turkish airforce.

So the only logical conclusion is: Des has given you some part of his empire to play with.

But he's probably no longer TA'd to the UAE, so he must have done that way back in the game.

A mistery, then.

(look, I am just fooling myself. Let's see how long I can deny the inevitable and horrifying conclusion)

& some new wars have been declared. Not that it was unexpected. Hard to believe that we actually had discussed working together early in the game, eh Larry & Jared? Not an unreasonable move by you guys........I wish I could bode you good luck in your endeavors, but I am sure you will understand under the circumstances. ;) See you on the Seas and whatever seashore we end up taking the battle to for the remainder of this game.

& some new wars have been declared. Not that it was unexpected. Hard to believe that we actually had discussed working together early in the game, eh Larry & Jared? Not an unreasonable move by you guys........I wish I could bode you good luck in your endeavors, but I am sure you will understand under the circumstances. ;) See you on the Seas and whatever seashore we end up taking the battle to for the remainder of this game.

We tried very hard to work out a deal with your group, but were spurned at each attempt. Not surprising given it is pretty clear that your group and the Italy/Austria/Hungary/Greece/Yugo group are one big block.

I had exercised a lot of restraint in engaging Norway or BS in Great Britain, only to suffer heavy air attacks from Norway last turn. Norway and BS moved ships into threatening positions as well. My DW's were a response to their aggression.

Given the odds, my group will not be contenders to win, but we'll make it painful for you guys. Perhaps we can tip the scales to the guys in the Middle East.

Deathwalker

US-87

We tried very hard to work out a deal with your group, but were spurned at each attempt. Not surprising given it is pretty clear that your group and the Italy/Austria/Hungary/Greece/Yugo group are one big block.

I had exercised a lot of restraint in engaging Norway or BS in Great Britain, only to suffer heavy air attacks from Norway last turn. Norway and BS moved ships into threatening positions as well. My DW's were a response to their aggression.

Given the odds, my group will not be contenders to win, but we'll make it painful for you guys. Perhaps we can tip the scales to the guys in the Middle East.

Deathwalker

US-87

I am not sure that is the best strategic choice if you are looking to help the MEA win. All you are doing is putting yourself in the position to possibly increase our gains in MANDATORY victory condition points. I would think that moving your ships, ground forces and air forces into a position to only fight the SE Block would be a better choice. No chance for us to gain kill points. But by staying and fighting us, you could/will cause us losses, so it is possible that we will lose points in the OPTIONAL victory conditions, IF we chose those victory conditions. Rolling the dice on the remote chance just doesn't seem logical.

The 'De Facto' one big block thing: Some truth and some assumptions to that comment. All of your assumptions about the two groups working together are not true. Some are. It's closer to drawing two partially overlapping circles and the only ones constantly working together from both groups are the players in the overlapping areas. Do the rest of us have agreements not to fight? Yes, certainly. Why would we anger one of our TA's? That's just stupid. So are the two groups working together? Some would say yes, they are all in cahoots. I would put it more akin to the US-Russian alliance in WWII. Yes, we are working toward the same final goals, but not that as closely as you think and not without disagreement. I will tell you who is the happiest about your choices to continue your wars against us though: The SEA. They are happy to have us in the war against you.

To no one in particular: I enjoy this game (Victory! in general, not specifically 87, but 87 has been an enjoyable challenge), which is why I have played the game so many times. It always intrigues me to see the choices made by players, especially during the endgame. It's fun to see how others can be manipulated and how certain players make demands thinking that they will get there way. I find that diplomatic negotiation goes a lot farther then the demands. It's all in the point of view ,the thought process and experience of each individual player. Game 87 has surprised me several times from start to finish on the alliance structure, the outcome of certain battles/campaigns and the vast array very good game play diplomatically and strategically. You don't always see that type of a complete game. This one seems to be very unique in that manner. No matter what happens, this game will stick with me for a while and I will remember many aspects of this game. It was well played by many players who are still playing and who have been knocked out.

Whether all work together or not, with or without agreement, I have to draw the same conclusion as Deathwalker. There are three parties: Western Africa and the America's, the MEA and the rest.Of those 3 parties, all are at war with each other. Of those three parties, North and South Europe control by far the most resources.