Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our victory against SA and UAE was as much the result of our aggressiveness, luck, and lack of resolve of the enemy as the odds (which were only 3:2, with TJ fighting Egypt 1:1 and Turkey building concrete against the inevitable Balkan invasion).

Not sure SA really gave you much of a battle. :alien2:

True. But that wasn't because of the odds. Sure, the odds were against you from the start, but we certainly made mistakes. SA just made bigger ones. And we were aggressive and lucky. With some more LDB and our amount of luck he would have been in Baghdad instead of Iraq in Riyad. He had stopped my entire attack dead in its tracks and then he just dropped. By the time Des Feeney took over it was too late, although he still gave me a good amount of trouble.

If Egypt had joined your TA and you'd have been lucky with the BPA's you could have overrun TJ and crippled Syria before Iraq and Persia could have saved us. And South Russia was TA'ed with Central and could have kept Turkey busy. So it certainly wasn't a foregone conclusion (but, as said, the odds were against you).

Isn't that what I've been trying to do for quite some time now??? :joker:

and just because you try to rename Eastern Tunisia 'Western TransJordan', doesn't make it so. :beer:

I think I mentioned crossing into Western Trans Jordan, not fleeing from Zwara to Zarzis, as you did last turn. What were you afraid of? :python: ?

Why should I rename? The greater part of the game, it has been Western Trans Jordan, except for some insignificant desert provinces in the far west. :cheers:

And I wouldn't underestimate your chances to win either. A lot of the winning conditions are not how big you are but how much you killed. And nobody is going to be big with 19 players still in the game. Playing 8 to 2 gives you a lot of chance to kill lots of stuff and I know from experience that Algeria and Tunesia have killed lots of stuff too.

Yeah, I remember being surprised at the amount of Junkers Algeria showed around turn 20, costing me 2 entire armies before the spitfires came into the game. Those spits also left a lasting impression in those turns, the first time that happened. Lucky for us, that happened more often. Or that time that half the Syrian air force was wiped from the map. Or the time the spearhead into Tunisia was totally wiped out. I do wonder about the amount of kills Algeria has. Probably close or better then mine.

Based on a couple of his posts and some second-hand communications, Earthling seems to have some axe to grind with us. Not sure what it is, but mabe he will enlighten us???

Deathwalker

US-87

In this game? Yes.....you have DW on my allies and myself. So, certainly, yes ~ an axe to grind as you put it.

Based on a couple of his posts and some second-hand communications, Earthling seems to have some axe to grind with us. Not sure what it is, but mabe he will enlighten us???

Deathwalker

US-87

In this game? Yes.....you have DW on my allies and myself. So, certainly, yes ~ an axe to grind as you put it.

Also, I am not the one who has been calling his enemies incompetent multiple times. One of you two did or both.

Hmmm....you may have to check that memory David...as it seems it was your allies who did not want peace...not us. We offered and were rejected on multiple attempts. Issuing the DW was simply to ensure no surprises....I am sure you understand.

As for calling people incompetent, I doubt you will find that in any post I have made. While we all enjoy a good jest here or there, no one gets to Turn 58 without having at least some degree of competence.

I must say, given the numerical odds in their favor, Norway and company have proven mighty incompetent. Now it is really going to get ugly for them.

Did you not throw this quote in our direction once... getting boring now, be quiet and fight

Hmmm....you may have to check that memory David...as it seems it was your allies who did not want peace...not us. We offered and were rejected on multiple attempts. Issuing the DW was simply to ensure no surprises....I am sure you understand.

As for calling people incompetent, I doubt you will find that in any post I have made. While we all enjoy a good jest here or there, no one gets to Turn 58 without having at least some degree of competence.

We did not want peace on your terms. The last attempt included an ultimatum that was worded very close to accept our terms or we will make a deal with the MEA and work against you for the rest of the game. How did you think that would be taken?

Look, what it come down to is that we could not meet on agreeable terms. Your requests did not match amenably with ours. The negotiations just didn't work out, sometimes these things happen in war games where two groups have much different agendas.

On the other subject: You are correct, the post(s) were not made by you. However, you are quite familiar with the one who did make the post(s) and the insults are still directed from your TA block. That makes it difficult to keep yourself free and clear of the act for this game. If I thought I would not be able to work with you ever, you wouldn't have heard back from me in the other game.

Look, what it come down to is that we could not meet on agreeable terms. Your requests did not match amenably with ours. The negotiations just didn't work out, sometimes these things happen in war games where two groups have much different agendas.

Seems as if there is going to be a bitter war between the 3 different groups until the end of the game. No place for peace, no working together to stop one other party. Total war.

Cool... :-)

Seems as if there is going to be a bitter war between the 3 different groups until the end of the game. No place for peace, no working together to stop one other party. Total war.

And that's OK with me, whatever happens. Not the first time, sure it won't be the last. I like this game especially due to the plethora of activity this late in the game. I have never seen so many truly active positions this far into a game even.

& ditto on the "Cool" part ~ :)

And that's OK with me, whatever happens. Not the first time, sure it won't be the last. I like this game especially due to the plethora of activity this late in the game. I have never seen so many truly active positions this far into a game even.

& ditto on the "Cool" part ~ :)

Reading the other fora indeed gave me the impression that this game is and was fairly active. I wonder if any more positions will fall before the end of the game. 16 turns isn't that much. We shall see.

Happy fighting! My TA's would probably want you to fight hard, but mostly in the western part of the map... My goals before turn 73: Reach Tarlaya. Dageraads should be: Reach Amderma.

Reading the other fora indeed gave me the impression that this game is and was fairly active. I wonder if any more positions will fall before the end of the game. 16 turns isn't that much. We shall see.

Happy fighting! My TA's would probably want you to fight hard, but mostly in the western part of the map... My goals before turn 73: Reach Tarlaya. Dageraads should be: Reach Amderma.

Maybe Amderma is a possibility at this point for Persia. I know that my original goal has to be augmented due to recent events. I still look forward to the active fighting. I didn't see any for the first 50 turns. It'll be a nice change of pace for this game.

Well, I tried to do something new and take an invasion route probaly never tried before. xAmderma? Why not.

I ve never DW'd on Iceland. The front that far in the North was forced upon me.

I would still prefer the war being limited to Persia vs Baltic States and Finland, so if we can come to some kind

of Modus Vivendi, I'm in.

David: what was your original goal? xFromanovo?

Well, I tried to do something new and take an invasion route probaly never tried before. xAmderma? Why not.

I would still prefer the war being limited to Persia vs Baltic States and Finland, so if we can come to some kind

Yep ~ Fromanovo it was. I was more than happy to just keep it all vs. the Russians. Then you went and got in my way. :)

I have to support my TA's....I'm afraid any kind of agreement, no matter how easily we can let each other move pass one other while still at war, would be out of the question due to obligations already given.

Yep ~ Fromanovo it was. I was more than happy to just keep it all vs. the Russians. Then you went and got in my way. :)

I have to support my TA's....I'm afraid any kind of agreement, no matter how easily we can let each other move pass one other while still at war, would be out of the question due to obligations already given.

Well Dags, there will be no agreement, but I hear David will easily let you pass on your way north. Amderma it is!