Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

Well Dags, there will be no agreement, but I hear David will easily let you pass on your way north. Amderma it is!

Absolutely! Come on by! I will introduce you to all the wonderful servicemen in our air forces who are stationed in the areas. :D

They are great people and you will find that their experiences in the Russian states are more than entertaining. They will be pleased show you how they have been spending their time.

:cheers:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, what it come down to is that we could not meet on agreeable terms. Your requests did not match amenably with ours. The negotiations just didn't work out, sometimes these things happen in war games where two groups have much different agendas.

Seems as if there is going to be a bitter war between the 3 different groups until the end of the game. No place for peace, no working together to stop one other party. Total war.

Cool... :-)

And that's OK with me, whatever happens. Not the first time, sure it won't be the last. I like this game especially due to the plethora of activity this late in the game. I have never seen so many truly active positions this far into a game even.

& ditto on the "Cool" part ~ :)

Reading the other fora indeed gave me the impression that this game is and was fairly active. I wonder if any more positions will fall before the end of the game. 16 turns isn't that much. We shall see.

Happy fighting! My TA's would probably want you to fight hard, but mostly in the western part of the map... My goals before turn 73: Reach Tarlaya. Dageraads should be: Reach Amderma.

Not going to happen if you you are traveling by land. Only way to make it is to bring some amphib ships. :cannon:

Not going to happen if you you are traveling by land. Only way to make it is to bring some amphib ships. :cannon:

By land, by sea and through the air. Or do you really want it only by sea? Not my strongest point, after you destroyed my LST's.

I don't think you'll make either way, certainly not land, not physically possible even if there was no resistance. Your HTs don't have the range, so your ships are the only possiblity, and that isn't a good chance.

I'm sure you have more ships, I on the other hand, seem to be missing 90% of my navy. Those poor Odessa crew members. :(

By land, by sea and through the air. Or do you really want it only by sea? Not my strongest point, after you destroyed my LST's.
I don't think you'll make either way, certainly not land, not physically possible even if there was no resistance. Your HTs don't have the range, so your ships are the only possiblity, and that isn't a good chance. I'm sure you have more ships, I on the other hand, seem to be missing 90% of my navy. Those poor Odessa crew members. :(

You killed all my LST's, I killed only 90% of your Odessa's. So you have some left, plus your superb battlefleet!

You killed all my LST's, I killed only 90% of your Odessa's. So you have some left, plus your superb battlefleet!

What Russian Battlefleet? Those glass-bottom 'things' with the armor of a British battlecruiser, the armament of a German one and the speed of a submarine? I refuse to call that battleships. Heck, I sank 3 of them with 4 British cruisers at long range.

Though the Russian CA's are pretty good.

Hey, watch it. The powerful Persian battlefleet played a very significant role in the war against the UAE: Comic relief.

And there is still one Marat floating around willing to take on the whole of the Emerate fleet.

(Although it might need a fresh coat of paint)

Hey, watch it. The powerful Persian battlefleet played a very significant role in the war against the UAE: Comic relief.

And there is still one Marat floating around willing to take on the whole of the Emerate fleet.

(Although it might need a fresh coat of paint)

Your fleet, the one that played such an important role in the siege of xNizwa? Or as important a role in that siege, as in everywhere else in that war, at least. That fleet?

The same.

If it was not for the Persian fleet sinking the Emirate morale would have broken far sooner and the legendary siege of xNizwa never would have happened. And if those bloody I-16's would have done their work and intercepted those pesky Vindicators as planned. xAbudhabi would have been bombed and the war against the Emirates would have been over sooner, preventing the establishment of fortress xNizwa in the first place.

The same.

If it was not for the Persian fleet sinking the Emirate morale would have broken far sooner and the legendary siege of xNizwa never would have happened. And if those bloody I-16's would have done their work and intercepted those pesky Vindicators as planned. xAbudhabi would have been bombed and the war against the Emirates would have been over sooner, preventing the establishment of fortress xNizwa in the first place.

So what you are trying to make clear is that your naval and your air fleet where at the disposal of the UAE high command, for target practice, morale boosts and other contributions to their war effort? I suppose you have the Fleet admiral and Air Marshal from that period in your history shot? Or was the Fleet admiral lucky to go down with his (Battle)ship?

Admiral Moezzi was captured by the Emirates/ We should have been found when we "Liberated" Abudhabi, but we did not find him.there.

Maybe they still have him into custody somewhere, but they may keep him.

The Air force commander is busy commanding the 546rd Po-2 Crop duster wing in xKuhak.

NEWSFLASH.

A breakthrough, there is no other word for it:

Transjordan armed forces have, for the first time since this conflict started, crossed the border into unknown and unfriendly territory. Province in both Tunisia and Algeria have been liberated from the harsh totalitarian regimes of these aggressive nations. Sadly, no population centers are yet free, especially in Algeria, where distances are overwhelming. But the Transjordan leader has made it his goal to fight for the freedom of all oppressed African peoples. "We shall continue to fight for the freedom of all those people, even if the skies above our troops are darkened by the overwhelming air force of that corrupt regime" the king was heard speaking in his new years speech some days ago. "Our fighter forces shall prevail and they shall keep our troops alive to liberate Algiers and remove that vile dictator".

In the Transjordan army training camps, special lessons are taken to recognize the sound of approaching Ju-88-A4 and to prepare air defenses in record time. Special signaling has been invented to alert the Transjordan air force so they are able to intercept the oncoming waves of destruction. After some initial hiccups, these methods have been been perfected and have proven to very effective. Still, not all troops can be covered and scouting in front of the main forces is seen to be almost suicide. Still, brave men and women come forward to do their duty. The king was heard to say he was honored when he heard about these bravest of brave. A special monument has been raised in the capital of the empire, for these heroes. Special funds are made available from his own pocket to aid the families of those who have helped to secure the future of humanity, by sacrificing themselves against the evil oppressors in the west of Africa.

Some happier news: Do we have a world wonder? Again scientist have made significant advances in agriculture. Already the province of Jerusalem is called the hanging garden of the middle east. Close to a thousand population are fed by the bountiful harvest of what started some time ago as just a plains province in the center of a highly populated desert kingdom. But with the expansion of the kingdom into the desert, severe measures where taken to increase food production, resulting in what must be a world wonder. Research is continuing to see if there is a limit to what can be produced. The huge surplus of food produced by Jerusalem has been promised to India, in their fight against hunger. The ports of Suez and Elat have been converted into major food transporting hubs to quickly transport food from the overflowing granaries to the starving population in the far east.