Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for all you experienced players-

I have seen a couple of times in my Polital Activity section where a country proposed an alliance, then on the next line it withdrew the proposal.

Is that a technique to accept a "hoped for" offer, without tying up the 3 PAP limit if there was no counter offer???

Pete

It can also indicate a shift in focus, caused by other (total) alliances.

Suppose that I am Persia and I want to attack Iraq.I am not certain of Southern Russia, Turkey and the UAE, so I offer them an alliance to cover my flanks.

Now Iraq contacts me after RNA Persia. I happen to know him personally. He is a fine partner or fiersome foe, and he offers a TA against Turkey. If I want to go along with this I will have to withdraw my PAP to Turkey as soon as possible.

And one final comment to those who want to see me dead, just think about how pointless and meaningless your lives will be without the Sponge in your face :thumbsup:

Sponge,

You have the wrong impression. We would love to see you alive and kicking. But most of the time you manage to get yourself killed. :thumbsup: Hey maybe you should offer alliances and TA's to ALL your neighbours and just watch the fireworks... Even though i hate you I promise I won't attack you the first 10-20 turns.

Von Manstein

Well I wont make that promise :ranting:

And one final comment to those who want to see me dead, just think about how pointless and meaningless your lives will be without the Sponge in your face :thumbsup:

Sponge,

You have the wrong impression. We would love to see you alive and kicking. But most of the time you manage to get yourself killed. :thumbsup: Hey maybe you should offer alliances and TA's to ALL your neighbours and just watch the fireworks... Even though i hate you I promise I won't attack you the first 10-20 turns.

Von Manstein

Nice thought ManStain but with so many neighbours I can see the following happen. I offer Alliances to Denmark, France and Czechoslovakia only being able to offer 3 at a time, they all reject me, declare war on me so I offer the same to Denmark, Lowlands and Switzerland, they see I have 3 attacking me so figure no way, not getting involved in that mess. So by turn 5 I have no allies, 3 at war with me and and the rest waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces. Oh then there is you allowing me 10-20 turns of grace, I know your plan, you think I will be dead by then.

This is a sad day for the Sponge, how I hark back to the days when it was just an eternal struggle with the Monk :ranting:

Maybe you should abandon Spongebob and go back to being Spartacus.

Guest Spongebob

Sponge,

Von Manstein

Nice thought ManStain but with so many neighbours I can see the following happen. I offer Alliances to Denmark, France and Czechoslovakia only being able to offer 3 at a time, they all reject me, declare war on me so I offer the same to Denmark, Lowlands and Switzerland, they see I have 3 attacking me so figure no way, not getting involved in that mess. So by turn 5 I have no allies, 3 at war with me and and the rest waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces. Oh then there is you allowing me 10-20 turns of grace, I know your plan, you think I will be dead by then.

This is a sad day for the Sponge, how I hark back to the days when it was just an eternal struggle with the Monk :ranting:

Maybe you should abandon Spongebob and go back to being Spartacus.

Nahh!! I made a commitment - To thy known self be true. Spongebob is the only character I will be from now, many of the multiple personalities have been put to bed and remain dormant. :thumbsup:

Sponge,

Von Manstein

Well I wont make that promise :ranting:

Swiss panzers racing into Germany. Swiss cheese in xBerlin? :thumbsup:

That would be the one time I would wish the German defensive forces are able to deflect the Swiss offensive . Remember , Spongebob , build the LDB's , station the heavy German tanks on the flanks of the offensive route , and attack the offensive in force , as there is no joy in direct defense unless you are able to post a defense in numbers overwhelming to the offense.......remember to wear down the offensive forces with air attacks , as those for the most part will be free attacks .

Guest Spongebob
That would be the one time I would wish the German defensive forces are able to deflect the Swiss offensive . Remember , Spongebob , build the LDB's , station the heavy German tanks on the flanks of the offensive route , and attack the offensive in force , as there is no joy in direct defense unless you are able to post a defense in numbers overwhelming to the offense.......remember to wear down the offensive forces with air attacks , as those for the most part will be free attacks .

Shut Up and Go Away... Oh I forgot, I'm ignoring you.

Incompetent fool , you are doomed anyway.....you and your cowardly ilk will be burned in short order . You are just alittle worse than Monty , but the two of you attacking each other will leave openings for others to burn your carcasses on the battlefields , and then you can start up another doomed nation on game 88....

Guest Spongebob

Anyway back to the important matter in hand. Those who wish to be my enemies. It seems I have friends in Low Places, Denmark should not venture south, you and your English allies will come up against an immovable obstical.

Anyway back to the important matter in hand. Those who wish to be my enemies. It seems I have friends in Low Places, Denmark should not venture south, you and your English allies will come up against an immovable obstical.

Pooooor sponge. So many borders, so few friends... :thumbsup:

Von Manstein

And one final comment to those who want to see me dead, just think about how pointless and meaningless your lives will be without the Sponge in your face :blush:

Sponge,

Von Manstein

Lets be honest. :rolleyes: .. Spongie does not need any enemies to destroy his country. He is perfectly capable of doing that himself :thumbsup: like he showed playing iceland once. So all alliances and TA's will probebly not be enough... we would have to give economic assistance every turn as well...

Than again Manstein seems to know all about that as well :woohoo:

B

Denmark should not venture south, you and your English allies will come up against an immovable obstical.

What immovable obstacle? Switzerland? or Austria? :blush:

Ok Spongecus Lemming, so what are the grand alliances in this game? you always claim to know, so let's hear it? :woohoo:

Guest Spongebob

Oh I do know of some grand alliances, some devious plots, some... well you get the picture. Of course I cannot reveal these at this time because I do not know what other know, I can only guess.

What I do not know is Who Plays Denmark, not a whisper and that is quite good considering I am usually well above the curve in knowing whats going on. If Denmark is reading this I would love you to expose :blush: yourself once the battle lines are drawn.

I am confused about a number of other nations and I am 100% in the know for others.

There is a saying being whispered amongst the lower levels of government in many nations - "Remember Earthling" My apparent incompetence is a powerful tool, Earthling came to regret taking it and me for granted.

I have a feeling the same will happen here.

You think I am going to take you for granted? How about this: I am going to ignore you yet again.....no worries! You know where I am, come and get some! :rolleyes: Oh, yeah, German Tech for you .... no worries here! :blush: You are going to be staying put in this game. What's the under/over on number of turns you will last? 5? 7? Let me know, I think I might want to lay some cash on this one! :woohoo:

There is a saying being whispered amongst the lower levels of government in many nations - "Remember Earthling" My apparent incompetence is a powerful tool, Earthling came to regret taking it and me for granted.

I have a feeling the same will happen here.