Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 87

Guest Spongebob

- Persia is playing hide-and-seek with the Icelanders and Finns. One army nearly made it to the border with Southern Russia, while large stretches of Northern Russia appear to be very empty.

And Peek-a-boo as well. As far as the large stretches of empty ~ come on in! Or, are you too gutless? It's your turn to make a move at this point. I have the vast majority of my assets elsewhere anyhow. Been too busy planning my invasion of my favorite city.

He's been going up all the way to NR. How much more emptiness do you want him to get? But you might want to send some armies west, I hear Poland and Baltic States need some help, they couldn't handle lil' ol' Iraq.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Persia is playing hide-and-seek with the Icelanders and Finns. One army nearly made it to the border with Southern Russia, while large stretches of Northern Russia appear to be very empty.

And Peek-a-boo as well. As far as the large stretches of empty ~ come on in! Or, are you too gutless? It's your turn to make a move at this point. I have the vast majority of my assets elsewhere anyhow. Been too busy planning my invasion of my favorite city.

Hmmmmm. As far as I remember your favorite city was xFromanovo, so I better start pouring some extra concrete and redirect all reinforcements to that place. And last time I came that far north my vanguard was not treated very nicely. I am not very welcome over there.

Hmmmmm. As far as I remember your favorite city was xFromanovo, so I better start pouring some extra concrete and redirect all reinforcements to that place. And last time I came that far north my vanguard was not treated very nicely. I am not very welcome over there.

I was sure that you would remember! I expect my welcoming to be nothing less than what you have received.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-87t63.png

- Some movement on the French front, Austria seems to be pressing south and the USA and Canada are being forced back.

- Transjordan vs. Algeria is like a lion attacking a nest of wasps. Will Transjordan run out of tanks before Algeria runs out of Ju-88's ? The Algerian desert is starting to look a lot like the Libyan one: lots of second hand aluminium and steel.

- The Persian fleet in the Black Sea is afraid to confront the Tunisian forces and looking for a way to reach the Volga river to CB xMoscow. The Finns certainly will not expect that! Someone has to tell the admiral that the Volga does not end in the Black, but in the Caspian Sea,

- Icelanders have landed in xAstrakhan. Must be the weather over there. Or the Caviar.

- The last 10 turns will be interesting. The wide open spaces of Central Russia leave room for lots of movement and surprises

- Transjordan vs. Algeria is like a lion attacking a nest of wasps. Will Transjordan run out of tanks before Algeria runs out of Ju-88's ? The Algerian desert is starting to look a lot like the Libyan one: lots of second hand aluminium and steel.

If he strikes at my armies, my airforce hurts him, if he strikes at my airforce, my armies get a free pop at his troops and bases. Indeed the rate of attrition in this fight is amazing. The amount of air factories in Algeria and Morocco is also staggering.

Lets see what he bombs next.

If he strikes at my armies, my airforce hurts him, if he strikes at my airforce, my armies get a free pop at his troops and bases. Indeed the rate of attrition in this fight is amazing. The amount of air factories in Algeria and Morocco is also staggering.

I say he should bomb your breweries, then both your airforce and army will lose moral!! :beer:

I say he should bomb your breweries, then both your airforce and army will lose moral!! :beer:

Nah, he can't. All the beer is made from Jerusalem super stock, in Jerusalem itself. His Junkers can't reach there. We have a special pipe through the Sahara to get the beer to the front. This pipe cannot be found on the map of course. State secret and stuff.

Nah, he can't. All the beer is made from Jerusalem super stock, in Jerusalem itself. His Junkers can't reach there. We have a special pipe through the Sahara to get the beer to the front. This pipe cannot be found on the map of course. State secret and stuff.

http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com/HEBREW/index.html

Yikes! Beer in a pipeline? Don't think your guys are going to like that....

Hey, we invented "Dutch Courage".

As long as the pressure is right, the temperature is right and you use the right materials it should work.

But probably cheaper to move it by rail or by tanker.

I recently read that the British Navy had its own floating brewery.

Holy brotherhood of Brewmasters? You're a Trappist monk?

Hey, we invented "Dutch Courage".

As long as the pressure is right, the temperature is right and you use the right materials it should work.

But probably cheaper to move it by rail or by tanker.

I recently read that the British Navy had its own floating brewery.

Nah, can't use rail or tanker, those damn Junkers are out to destroy the morale of the troops. Can't risk that. Need to play it safe.

HBoB is a tongue-in-cheek "alliance" in Supernova. We deliver imbibables to all parties who can pay, regardless of wartime status. Most of us have never even met each other in-game. Heck, I don't even play the race of bees that earned me my Master of Mead title anymore, but I'm not giving it up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Guess its been quiet here because everybody is either busy bashing each others heads in or has recognized that the winners have already been pretty well determined!

Still, playing it out to the end should provide some good entertainment and the opportunity to learn a few more things. Of course most of my learning experiences this game haven't been particularly pleasant at the moment of learning....

Guess its been quiet here because everybody is either busy bashing each others heads in or has recognized that the winners have already been pretty well determined!

Still, playing it out to the end should provide some good entertainment and the opportunity to learn a few more things. Of course most of my learning experiences this game haven't been particularly pleasant at the moment of learning....

Bashing and being bashed. "when does the hurting stop" sometimes describes the feeling best. Just killed me some 24k airpoints, getting me into the hall of fame with air kills. Waiting to see what will be destroyed on my side this turn. Having fun in the last 10 turns, that's for sure.