Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

The map on turn 4:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t04.png

The usual limitations apply:

- Only based on SIM - POL's and world events

- The TA structure is not as strong as the background colours might suggest. Not all countries sharing the same background colour are directly TA'd to eachother.

- 5 nations are still unconnected: Transjordan, Lowlands, Greece, France and Southern Spongistan.

YIKES!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I better lick up to some of my neighbors :blush:

And start pouring concrete everywhere!

AND retreat to one of the Greek isles!!

I don't know. It does not look so bad to me. The rest of the Balkan is neatly divvided between two power blocks of equal strengt, that already are at war with eachother. Italy is at war with Switzerland, so no time left for invading Greece. And you should be able to handle Turkey on your own. No doubt Turkey and its ally Southern Russia have more tasty targets to the south of them.

The position of Spongebob is more or less the same: everyone that could be a threat to him is occupied with something else. For the moment.

Guest Spongebob

Difference is I am a master diplomat, skilled in the art of deception, double truths, innuendo, cluedo and half baked ideas.

Do you really think I would have declared this early if I dont have a plan. It took 12 turns in 88 before I could expose myself :blush:

I don't know. It does not look so bad to me. The rest of the Balkan is neatly divvided between two power blocks of equal strengt, that already are at war with eachother. Italy is at war with Switzerland, so no time left for invading Greece. And you should be able to handle Turkey on your own. No doubt Turkey and its ally Southern Russia have more tasty targets to the south of them.

The position of Spongebob is more or less the same: everyone that could be a threat to him is occupied with something else. For the moment.

I agree. In many ways, you're in an ideal position. At some point you could be the 'kingmaker' so to speak, deciding which group will get the edge because you've 'pledged your support' to their cause as it were. A the moment, with the 'battle lines' drawn as they are between these competing groups, they care far more what you're going to do then you should be concerned about what they'll do. Any attack on you only weakens their overall position against the other group(s) they face.

I agree. In many ways, you're in an ideal position. At some point you could be the 'kingmaker' so to speak, deciding which group will get the edge because you've 'pledged your support' to their cause as it were. A the moment, with the 'battle lines' drawn as they are between these competing groups, they care far more what you're going to do then you should be concerned about what they'll do. Any attack on you only weakens their overall position against the other group(s) they face.

G'Day Gadgy Inspector that is:

What are you talking about?

Why would anyone bother attacking Iceland?

The only time anyone attacks Iceland is after Iceland DW on them

It's a dead loss

If you leave Iceland alone it will die a natural death

The old Spongy is a cagey character and will not surprise anyone again...... But I like the square pants yellow creature

Perfect Paul

Guest Spongebob

It's a dead loss

The old Spongy is a cagey character and will not surprise anyone again...... But I like the square pants yellow creature

Perfect Paul

I think they are talking about ME :thumbsup: not Iceland - Errrm :thumbsup: KING MAKER - I like that, problem is I want to be the King- Thank you very much, The Sponge has Left the Building

I fully agree - the Sponge should become King Maker, he is the best, I think we should all bow down and worship the King

All hail King Sponge :rolleyes:

I better lick up to some of my neighbors :rolleyes:

It's a dead loss

Perfect Paul

I was responding to the comments made about Greece's situation.

I better lick up to some of my neighbors :rolleyes:

It's a dead loss

Perfect Paul

I was responding to the comments made about Greece's situation.

Oh Ooops

Sorry I hope I wasn't out of line about Iceland being the crap that it is

Oh Ooops

Hey, I didn't take Iceland because it was easy. I took Iceland because it is a challenge, and as different from Persia as possible. And Iceland is not nr. 1 on my "unplayability" index. for me the tpt 10 would be: That would be:

1: Switzerland. No food (ever). no energy, no excess pop and very vulnerable.

2: Lowlands. 13 ARM factories in a city everyone wants to CB, no excess pop, very vulnerable

3: Hungary: Very vulnerable, no excess pop

4: Iceland: no food, no energy, far away fom everything.

5: Transjordan: no food, vulnerable, no excess pop.

6: Germany: Has enough of everything. Has more than enough neighbours.

7: France: As Germany, but doomed to war against Lowlands, Switzerland and/or America.

8: Denmark: Vulnerable to rail strikes.

9 & 10 Canada and USA. Fun if you get a quick win OR ta, Disastrous if not oryou do not get a foothold in Europe.

Oh Ooops

Hey, I didn't take Iceland because it was easy. I took Iceland because it is a challenge, and as different from Persia as possible. And Iceland is not nr. 1 on my "unplayability" index. for me the tpt 10 would be: That would be:

1: Switzerland. No food (ever). no energy, no excess pop and very vulnerable.

2: Lowlands. 13 ARM factories in a city everyone wants to CB, no excess pop, very vulnerable

3: Hungary: Very vulnerable, no excess pop

4: Iceland: no food, no energy, far away fom everything.

5: Transjordan: no food, vulnerable, no excess pop.

6: Germany: Has enough of everything. Has more than enough neighbours.

7: France: As Germany, but doomed to war against Lowlands, Switzerland and/or America.

8: Denmark: Vulnerable to rail strikes.

9 & 10 Canada and USA. Fun if you get a quick win OR ta, Disastrous if not oryou do not get a foothold in Europe.

Pretty good but Portugal is in about 6 or 7th place it has no Coal and can be attacked from any where

Portugal seems less vulnerable than Denmark to me: xOporto starts with 100 Alt and 400 Pet and IMDL 7. And xLisbon is not vulnerable to a direct land attack. Better become friends with Spain or ambush them asap. But that's true for a lot of countries. GB seems to me far more enjoyable with Ireland as a TA.

Iceland would not have been my nr 1 pick in a game I would enter solo. That woudl be something like

1 Turkey. Good defense and economics

2 Persia Good defense and economics, fringe position

3 Algeria Good defence, excellent economics, fringe position

4 UAE Effectively an island, but without the energy problems

5 -7 One of the Russia's

8 - 9 Canada or the US

10 Saudi Arabia