Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

- Africa is not divided and fought over. (Ever heard of Libya in game 87?)

- Ireland and Great Britain are TA's (Enemies in 87)

- Finland and Poland are not in the northern TA, but Russia and Lowlands are

- "Dark green" and "Northern Blue" are not in an alliance, but fighting eachother. And how!

- Two players have the same position in both games: Kurassier (UAE) and von Mannstein (Austria). The first is doing far better this time around. The latter is not. Yet.

- The Northern alliance in 87 was smaller at this point, but expanding. The Northern Alliance in 89 is being pushed back by superior numbers,

You misinterpret my post sir. I did not say that the two were identical. Put the two maps side by side and look again (If I could figure out how to upload a picture I would have done it in my post, but alas, I am not very savvy with these forum protocols).

The TA aquisition outlines are very simlar, even though the TA structure is different. Yes there are different nations fighting it out and the battle fronts are not idenital, but the maps do have a similar apprearance. The other very similar situation, only it is mirrored in this game, is that one nation connects two major TA blocks (at least that is what it looks like in game 89 with Egypt being the connector vs Hungary being the connector in game 87). Conquest paths often end up being the same from game to game. I have noticed that in many of the games that I have played ~ it's actually a logical outcome. The path of conquest, regardless of the nations doing the conquest, often repeats itself in the game ~ that was the only obvservation that I was trying to purvey. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to say that they were identical ~ didn't mean to do that.

Good luck to those who are left. Looks like it's still a fun and hotly contested game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at it from that angle, you are right:

8789.png

In the first map I gave Kurassier Yellow (orange) because I was feeling a bit guilty about the way Ondali and I treated him in game 87.

An Icy color for Iceland seemed somehow appropriate, and the rest went from there. The dark green for the Balkan?

I don't know. Maybe because I feel on a subconscious level that the Balkan Should Be Green.

- The Northern alliance in 87 was smaller at this point, but expanding. The Northern Alliance in 89 is being pushed back by superior numbers,

Numbers Pure Tactics & Strategy Old Hand....

The superior numbers are just the manifestation of that. Cause and Effect.

If you look at it, how come the massive - unbelievable - numbers of Scandanavian and Russian (flying) steel seem to have evaporated? From a production point of view we have never been able to match that.

Disclaimer: we never applied the causality principles on very small scale levels, there may be weird stuff going there. Worth exploring I guess.

Conquest paths often end up being the same from game to game. I have noticed that in many of the games that I have played ~ it's actually a logical outcome. The path of conquest, regardless of the nations doing the conquest, often repeats itself in the game ~ that was the only obvservation that I was trying to purvey. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to say that they were identical ~ didn't mean to do that.

Now that would be an interesting conclusion, no such thing as free will eh?

Ahhh must not think of this :(

Conquest paths often end up being the same from game to game. I have noticed that in many of the games that I have played ~ it's actually a logical outcome. The path of conquest, regardless of the nations doing the conquest, often repeats itself in the game ~ that was the only obvservation that I was trying to purvey. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to say that they were identical ~ didn't mean to do that.

Now that would be an interesting conclusion, no such thing as free will eh?

Ahhh must not think of this :(

:laugh: There is no free will.....LOL!

But, seriously, if you think about the goals of the game, generally speaking, virtually all players try to conquer the same 'valuable' targets. As the game progresses, regardless of who is playing which nations, the same general conquest paths are taken. Armies march toward capitals and high value pop/resources. The victors early on dictate the paths of conquest. You will find that the paths of conquest continually repeat over and over again. Whether the path is from Central Europe outward or from the peripheral nations inward, the paths are nearly identical, just in opposite directions. I have watched the same conquest of Russia southward/northward happen in 7 of the 8 games I played in from game 76 to game 89. The nations doing the conquering were different every time, but the path through the Russian states have been nearly identical. The same thing happens in Central Europe as well, the paths only differ slightly depending on the nations who are surviving, but the conquests concentrate on certain paths of least resistance to the valuable resources, usually tearing up a target nation's AIC networks in order to hamstring production and gain a major advantage.

It was just an observation that seems kind of obvious, but I haven't seen anyone ever discuss it on the forums openly. It's no big secret.....gaining the advantage is what we all try to do.

• 2 weeks later...

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t34.png

- For the moment the advance of the Czech to the Baltic sea has been blocked.

- Greece is going for the "Farthest North" award.

- Despite good progress of the Norwegian air force and army the Lowlanders are having a very hard time.

- Great Britain sank some ships and lost some bombers to air cover over Icelandic territory. There are signs of a renewed invasion effort.

- The war between the Balkan and the middle east over the Ukraine has intensified.

- Still no idea what is happening in Spain, Portugal, the USA and Tunisia. Tunisia wants peace?

If you look at it from that angle, you are right:

8789.png

In the first map I gave Kurassier Yellow (orange) because I was feeling a bit guilty about the way Ondali and I treated him in game 87.

An Icy color for Iceland seemed somehow appropriate, and the rest went from there. The dark green for the Balkan?

I don't know. Maybe because I feel on a subconscious level that the Balkan Should Be Green.

Is that a little green I see in Iceland

On the map for T33? No way. On the map for T35? Maybe. I can't keep you from my beaches forever.

He who defends all will lose all.

If you study the map on the Pixel tevel you will find a part of Great Britain that has been blue for some time now

On the map for T33? No way. On the map for T35? Maybe. I can't keep you from my beaches forever.

He who defends all will lose all.

If you study the map on the Pixel tevel you will find a part of Great Britain that has been blue for some time now

Yeah T33

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t35.png

- Lowlands is in real trouble now. Someone wants to paint it all green.

- Some part of Iceland is colored green now too. Nevertheless, the Icelanders are not very worried about the future.

- Canada has finally made up its mind about the USA. It should be colored a darker shade of blue.

- Sofia is finally painted green.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t35.png

- Lowlands is in real trouble now. Someone wants to paint it all green.

- Some part of Iceland is colored green now too. Nevertheless, the Icelanders are not very worried about the future.

- Canada has finally made up its mind about the USA. It should be colored a darker shade of blue.

- Sofia is finally painted green.

5 provinces should be the darker blue

5 provinces should be the darker blue

Iceland is not TA'd with the USA, so I realy have no idea.

Not TA'd but being supplied by the US. A regular milk run going on. Will there be any resources left when I conquer the US?

I miss counted, 7 provinces.