Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t41.png

- I hope the new coloring of Western Europe makes sense, as there are some TA links crossing the line.

- Lots of offensives in the Balkan-Scandinavian war. Hungary has reached the Baltic Sea. Norway has reached Czechoslovakia.

- The USA will probably only last for another few turns.

- Morocco has expanded its bridgehead in Italy, doing substantial damage to the Italian economy. Italy has a lot of economy to damage.

- Iceland and Great Britain: Ships, aricraft, boring.

Norwegian mythology is about to be rewritten. Anyone familiair with Thor and his hammer? Soon to be known as Thor's anvil. The hammering vill be done by Austria.

When a hammer hits an anvil both hammer and anvil usually do not suffer from it. The object In between, however, doees

That would be czechoslovakia?

I did not know that austria and czechoslovakia were at war...

When a hammer hits an anvil both hammer and anvil usually do not suffer from it. The object In between, however, doees

I did not know that austria and czechoslovakia were at war...

Hmmmm...I think my poor Czech Marketa's have been the object in between for too long now...Polish, German, Baltic and Norwegians...they can only take on for so much.....please find another object in between.....thank you ;-)

No, Checho seems to be more of an air-cushion.. :laugh:

And a heavily Inflatable one..!

2 air-cushions is the trick :-D

Well we now know who was the hammer. :laugh:

Well we now know who was the hammer. :laugh:

Correction; YOU know who was the hammer (for this round). However, due to your delaying crap I don't.

Losing armies on the field of battle is all part of the game. You take some risk (or the game utterly stagnates, I've had too much of that in V87 already) and sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. But the delaying meta-game is utterly and totally fun-destroying and the major cause I'm unlikely to start a new Victory game ever.

Unless in Victory II battle results are send to the defender as soon as the battle happens (in a mini-turn). Then I might reconsider. In the PBM age this wasn't feasible, but now it should be possible to automate this. And it would solve the problems for solo and duo players nicely too.

Like almost all games of this kind Victory has its exploits that people make use of. Delaying a turn to get a better shot at an emeny is one such a tactic. The use of CL to isolate an opponent is another one, one that has contributed grealy to the demise of the USA in this game.

The least we should do is make a list of it and publish it, so everyone knows which unexpected tricks can be used against them.

Like almost all games of this kind Victory has its exploits that people make use of. Delaying a turn to get a better shot at an emeny is one such a tactic. The use of CL to isolate an opponent is another one, one that has contributed grealy to the demise of the USA in this game. The least we should do is make a list of it and publish it, so everyone knows which unexpected tricks can be used against them.

Funny, I consider those moves part of the Vic! rules and not exploits / tricks. Legit tactics that every decent Vic!-player I encountered uses. That includes your block.

I agree with you that it is good to know them beforehand thought. :cheers:

Like almost all games of this kind Victory has its exploits that people make use of. Delaying a turn to get a better shot at an emeny is one such a tactic. The use of CL to isolate an opponent is another one, one that has contributed grealy to the demise of the USA in this game.

The least we should do is make a list of it and publish it, so everyone knows which unexpected tricks can be used against them.

Not greatly, TOTALLY! The result would have been very different if I hadn't locked down those 18 divisions of armour and mech