Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Portugal seems less vulnerable than Denmark to me: xOporto starts with 100 Alt and 400 Pet and IMDL 7. And xLisbon is not vulnerable to a direct land attack. Better become friends with Spain or ambush them asap. But that's true for a lot of countries. GB seems to me far more enjoyable with Ireland as a TA.

Iceland would not have been my nr 1 pick in a game I would enter solo. That woudl be something like

1 Turkey. Good defense and economics

2 Persia Good defense and economics, fringe position

3 Algeria Good defence, excellent economics, fringe position

4 UAE Effectively an island, but without the energy problems

5 -7 One of the Russia's

8 - 9 Canada or the US

10 Saudi Arabia

Accurate I would say

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my "unplayability" index. for me the tpt 10 would be: That would be:

1: Switzerland. No food (ever). no energy, no excess pop and very vulnerable.

2: Lowlands. 13 ARM factories in a city everyone wants to CB, no excess pop, very vulnerable

3: Hungary: Very vulnerable, no excess pop

4: Iceland: no food, no energy, far away fom everything.

5: Transjordan: no food, vulnerable, no excess pop.

6: Germany: Has enough of everything. Has more than enough neighbours.

7: France: As Germany, but doomed to war against Lowlands, Switzerland and/or America.

8: Denmark: Vulnerable to rail strikes.

9 & 10 Canada and USA. Fun if you get a quick win OR ta, Disastrous if not oryou do not get a foothold in Europe.

Jeessh.....I've played 5 of these nations. I didn't consider any of them unplayable, just a bit more challenging than some of the others.

I think that Portugal was decent solo. A one-on-one with Spain is not so bad. Portugal is easier to defend than Spain. If you cut Almaden and Cordoba off, Spain no longer has enough LGT production and they are all done. In my game as Portugal, I took away all of Spain's LGT by turn 4 and it was only a matter of time before he dropped. Don't get me wrong, the Spanish player had his opportunities in that game, but just failed to follow through. Also, I think that Great Britain would be excellent to play solo. The Irish aren't really that big a threat and like you suggested earlier, the Lowlands is a vulnerable target.

Portugal seems less vulnerable than Denmark to me: xOporto starts with 100 Alt and 400 Pet and IMDL 7. And xLisbon is not vulnerable to a direct land attack. Better become friends with Spain or ambush them asap. But that's true for a lot of countries. GB seems to me far more enjoyable with Ireland as a TA.

Iceland would not have been my nr 1 pick in a game I would enter solo. That woudl be something like

1 Turkey. Good defense and economics

2 Persia Good defense and economics, fringe position

3 Algeria Good defence, excellent economics, fringe position

4 UAE Effectively an island, but without the energy problems

5 -7 One of the Russia's

8 - 9 Canada or the US

10 Saudi Arabia

2: Lowlands. 13 ARM factories in a city everyone wants to CB, no excess pop, very vulnerable

7: France: As Germany, but doomed to war against Lowlands, Switzerland and/or America.

9 & 10 Canada and USA. Fun if you get a quick win OR ta, Disastrous if not oryou do not get a foothold in Europe.

Jeessh.....I've played 5 of these nations. I didn't consider any of them unplayable, just a bit more challenging than some of the others.

Been in the game a while then??

Been in the game a while then??

I've been playing Victory since the late 80's. I took a few years off the deal with the strains of starting a family and raising children, but now that has all calmed down, I have been back a for several years.

Guest Spongebob

Just got my results and wow what a nice patch of alliances in the middle of Europe we have.

AND NOT ONE OF YOU HAVE THE KAHUNNAS TO SHOW ME THE RESPECT THE SPONGE IS DUE - DO YOU LOT KNOW WHO I AM. :python:

Now for those of you who think you can take out Germany on your own then thats fine. Keep ignoring me, keep on showing me NO respect. I can sit here all year if I want and let Germany take you all appart.

Its going to be one hell of a show :rolleyes:

Just got my results and wow what a nice patch of alliances in the middle of Europe we have.

AND NOT ONE OF YOU HAVE THE KAHUNNAS TO SHOW ME THE RESPECT THE SPONGE IS DUE - DO YOU LOT KNOW WHO I AM. :python:

Now for those of you who think you can take out Germany on your own then thats fine. Keep ignoring me, keep on showing me NO respect. I can sit here all year if I want and let Germany take you all appart.

Spongie, you sure woke up on the wrong side of the pineapple this morning!

Just a reminder, I did offer to help....

Awww come on Kurry, my German is not good. I get crazy and ethiopian and that last words sponge of some description but come on translate into simple Sponge.

Monk you can be my TA, I will let you just let me know what nation to offer the TA to.

' Oh my god! You are crazy my little sponge. I am Ethiopian.'

although I think the word I used for sponge is a contraceptive sponge......

Hey, I'll be your ally. I am up for the challenge. The greatest task a Victory player could ever do is help the sponge survive a game. Just PM me your country and I promise I won't tell anybody. After all, don't want people DW on my ally just because he is there!!!!

Sponges Click Here

atdda-img-headerbkg.gif