Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

If that is the case, wouldnt that be considered as cheating ?

Used to play lot's of games where such donor-accounts were against the rules.....

On another note CR is not cheating, the cunning Monk is not a cheater but more a snake in the grass. He has used this tactic before so watch your borders for Russian troops.

Evil Monk, Evil Dark Monk, DIE!!!!

At least the Sponge did not call the Monk a Cheater.......

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very amusing to see that three power blocks use the old trick of secretly ceding border provinces and then blame eachother for finding out. I do not remember any treaty or promise between Baltic States and Bulgaria, or Greece and Poland.

As i remember from game 87 this trick was used against me by the UAE, Algeria AND tunesia on the province of Kuwayt. All in one turn. One could consult whole libraries on international law, but as a matter of fact: when you cede a province it is no longer part of your nation, so any agreement made by your nation which does not include an explicit border or third nation is invalid.

And in games of Diplomacy like this, to anyone not my TA I am always Lawful Evil.

It is very amusing to see that three power blocks use the old trick of secretly ceding border provinces and then blame eachother for finding out. I do not remember any treaty or promise between Baltic States and Bulgaria, or Greece and Poland.

As i remember from game 87 this trick was used against me by the UAE, Algeria AND tunesia on the province of Kuwayt. All in one turn. One could consult whole libraries on international law, but as a matter of fact: when you cede a province it is no longer part of your nation, so any agreement made by your nation which does not include an explicit border or third nation is invalid.

And in games of Diplomacy like this, to anyone not my TA I am always Lawful Evil.

I can understand your logic, but do not agree with it......you have invaded Poland.

Guest Spongebob

I can understand your logic, but do not agree with it......you have invaded Poland.

Can I invade Poland.... please.... :thumbsup:

Guest Spongebob

No, he has invaded a province that was previously a part of Poland.

Russia ceded Alaska to the US. If Canada invades Alaska it is attacking the US, not Russia.

I thought to US purchased Alaska for something like 3 sheep, a camel and 2 goats? Maybe these "Ceded" locations were purchased.

Russia ceded Alaska to the US. If Canada invades Alaska it is attacking the US, not Russia.

Good comparison. And you are right of course, as, like I said before, no war has been declared by the Baltics against Poland, and vice versa.

But of course Poland would not want war over such a small matter (that small matter being the national security of the Baltic States). Maybe a diplomatic solution can be found and I would suggest for the Polish leader to contact those involved, to see what can be done in this situation.

I did not sell my provinces off, as did the Russians. They have been rented to close allies. Much akin to the USA having rented space in Germany, Great Britain, Japan, etc., etc.... If someone were to say, attack the USA in Germany or Great Britain, etc., etc.... would Germany or Great Britain not see it as an act of war against their nation because it is on their soil? I think they would...you chose the wrong comparison Spaceman.....

Falco, no diplomatic efforts were made by the Baltic leaders prior to their DW of war since turn 3........The Scandinavian leaders have long been vacated from their embassy's in Poland. They left before turn 3 and began negotiating with the others. As a matter of fact, I guaranteed that none of my allies or total allies would attack them before turn 10. Obviously they did not take that seriously due to this act of war.

Guest Spongebob

Good comparison. And you are right of course, as, like I said before, no war has been declared by the Baltics against Poland, and vice versa.

But of course Poland would not want war over such a small matter (that small matter being the national security of the Baltic States). Maybe a diplomatic solution can be found and I would suggest for the Polish leader to contact those involved, to see what can be done in this situation.

I did not sell my provinces off, as did the Russians. They have been rented to close allies. Much akin to the USA having rented space in Germany, Great Britain, Japan, etc., etc.... If someone were to say, attack the USA in Germany or Great Britain, etc., etc.... would Germany or Great Britain not see it as an act of war against their nation because it is on their soil? I think they would...you chose the wrong comparison Spaceman.....

Falco, no diplomatic efforts were made by the Baltic leaders prior to their DW of war since turn 3........The Scandinavian leaders have long been vacated from their embassy's in Poland. They left before turn 3 and began negotiating with the others. As a matter of fact, I guaranteed that none of my allies or total allies would attack them before turn 10. Obviously they did not take that seriously due to this act of war.

I think you have the wrong comparison EarThing, this rented space you talk off is office buildings and embassys and correct me if I am wrong but no nation in the last 100 years has gone to war over an attack on an embassy in another nation. These are small patches of sovereign terratory not swathes of pasture, mountain or hillside as in a Province.

BTW Can I please Invade you, your association with the Dark Monk has lowered you standing in my eyes.

PS Can I "BUY" Danzig

I think you have the wrong comparison EarThing, this rented space you talk off is office buildings and embassys and correct me if I am wrong but no nation in the last 100 years has gone to war over an attack on an embassy in another nation. These are small patches of sovereign terratory not swathes of pasture, mountain or hillside as in a Province.

BTW Can I please Invade you, your association with the Dark Monk has lowered you standing in my eyes.

PS Can I "BUY" Danzig

So if Ramstein/Miesenbach Germany was attacked in Germany who would be pissed off? Just the USA or would all the NATO nations, especially Germany, be pissed. If Mildenhall UK or Croughton/Northamptonshire UK was attacked would Great Britain consider it an act of was against their homelands? Would Japan consider and attack and invasion of Yakoda an act of war against Japan? All of these locations are considered rented space. Locations given to the US for their use in exchange for money, protection, etc.,etc...

I am very sure that if any of them were to be invade by a foreign power that the home nation would consider it an act of war against them unless the territory was immediately given back.

PS Can I "BUY" Danzig

So if Ramstein/Miesenbach Germany was attacked in Germany who would be pissed off? Just the USA or would all the NATO nations, especially Germany, be pissed. If Mildenhall UK or Croughton/Northamptonshire UK was attacked would Great Britain consider it an act of was against their homelands? Would Japan consider and attack and invasion of Yakoda an act of war against Japan? All of these locations are considered rented space. Locations given to the US for their use in exchange for money, protection, etc.,etc...

I am very sure that if any of them were to be invade by a foreign power that the home nation would consider it an act of war against them unless the territory was immediately given back.

to whom should it be given back? to the original owner or the previous owner?

to whom should it be given back? to the original owner or the previous owner?

LOL------are you serious? Doesn't matter. None of us planned to go to war with you guys any time soon. That location was scheduled to move yet again next turn. Now I will just have to start ceding locations to another TA you actually have a PAP with to ensure you keep the peace with notice of when you want to end it.