Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

What happened to all the bragging from Germany - Poland - Central Russia - Rumania - Bulgaria?

What has happened lately for either side to brag about. Both sides have lost significant cities to their enemies. Trade off, trade off, trade off.......big stalemate right now.....Who's economy has suffered the worst losses and who's the least?

Just checking who's still around :-)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to all the bragging from Germany - Poland - Central Russia - Rumania - Bulgaria?

What has happened lately for either side to brag about. Both sides have lost significant cities to their enemies. Trade off, trade off, trade off.......big stalemate right now.....Who's economy has suffered the worst losses and who's the least?

Earthling, Marklen X and Monk do not seem quitters to me. In a way, this 5 vs 5 is a interesting team-up. Two equal teams, both with skills, no subterfuge and right fom the beginning: "Kapow". Maybe the 10 of you should come to an agreement and DW on the rest of the world together.

I do not think it will be possible to compose a game with a 20 vs 20 setup. 10 vs 10: maybe. There are a lot of Dutch in the game, maybe we should challenge the Americans for a 10 vs 10.

Earthling, Marklen X and Monk do not seem quitters to me. In a way, this 5 vs 5 is a interesting team-up. Two equal teams, both with skills, no subterfuge and right fom the beginning: "Kapow". Maybe the 10 of you should come to an agreement and DW on the rest of the world together.

I do not think it will be possible to compose a game with a 20 vs 20 setup. 10 vs 10: maybe. There are a lot of Dutch in the game, maybe we should challenge the Americans for a 10 vs 10.

An interesting proposition...I think that you only made such a suggestion because you already know that the 10 of us could not possibly come to a peace accord at the moment. We are far too entangled in each others' countries to just withdraw and turn our armies/air forces in another direction. But, an interesting thought though. Hmmmmm.....

But alas, it is not longer 6 vs 6 (Never really was a 5 vs 5). With France and Lowlands adding their force into the mix, it will be harder for us for a while. Hopefully the Sponge has not choice but to fight the Lowlander.

I doubt that they all agree about who should get what part of Germany. And then there is GB & Ireland. Maybe they will stab France in the back. Or Lowlands. Or Scandinavia. Or maybe they will just do nothing till the Americans and Canadians arrive. I doubt that.

Anyway, Germany is still living in interesting times. And as everyone can buitld their beloved Ju-88's now, things will only heat up.. I am afraid that the map for turn 8 and 9 will be a bit confusing.

Guest Spongebob
I doubt that they all agree about who should get what part of Germany. And then there is GB & Ireland. Maybe they will stab France in the back. Or Lowlands. Or Scandinavia. Or maybe they will just do nothing till the Americans and Canadians arrive. I doubt that.

Anyway, Germany is still living in interesting times. And as everyone can buitld their beloved Ju-88's now, things will only heat up.. I am afraid that the map for turn 8 and 9 will be a bit confusing.

No confusion it will be a blaze of YELLOW :(

Guest Spongebob

I have a few milestones of my own

Turn 10 - Sponge Survives

Turn 20 - Sponge Survives

Turn 30 - Sponge Survives

Turn 40 - Sponge Survives - This is the biggy, never made it to 40 before :(

Turn 40 - Sponge Survives - This is the biggy, never made it to 40 before :thumbsup:

A little ahead of yourself aren't you? It's only turn 8! Even you, wait, what am I saying? Especially you are capable of a two turn collapse! :woohoo:

REGIONAL VICTORY GAME

I love the idea of a regional victory game! that is, where you are from, you are automatically involved in a set-up with other people in your region - Russ decides where you are and the country mix to "keep things interesting" with the balance of power.

idea would be; europeans vs non-europeans or whatever.

Russ would decide the groups putting 8 groups of 5 into the game or 10 groups of 4 (perhaps better) to give an interesting "throw yourself into a victory game" where you - along with your set-up are told who your TA's are. all within each others reach to assist, but not 100 pct able to clobber a different region.

@Dageraad - as you are the map-man, how about you take on the map job to come up with some ideas?

just to make it a bit more fun, advance start:

4000 ARM

4000 AIR

4000 NAVAL

and $50K

14 day turns, of course.

TS

Guest Spongebob

Anyway back to the game in hand..... Earthling I have decided to make you my Chew Toy for the game. Madame X is out and we all know it, Germany is in pieces so Poles are on the menu

Anyway back to the game in hand..... Earthling I have decided to make you my Chew Toy for the game. Madame X is out and we all know it, Germany is in pieces so Poles are on the menu

Wouldn't be the first time you took a shot at me, now would it? :woohoo: I welcome the task. However, at the moment, I am very busy with several other issues at hand and you will have to wait your turn. It's only fair my good sponge. But, if you do find it within you ability to take your shots at me now, go right ahead. You don't have a TA on my border this time to give you access so easily. I will await your arrival on my German border or just possibly it will be two if by sea? Hmm?

Guest Spongebob

Wouldn't be the first time you took a shot at me, now would it? :woohoo: I welcome the task. However, at the moment, I am very busy with several other issues at hand and you will have to wait your turn. It's only fair my good sponge. But, if you do find it within you ability to take your shots at me now, go right ahead. You don't have a TA on my border this time to give you access so easily. I will await your arrival on my German border or just possibly it will be two if by sea? Hmm?

Just accept the honour and remember your just a means to an end, that end being Monk. I have made agreements with many nations and they have all bought ring side seats to the Great Danish Monk Bash.

Its on Pay Per View so cough up the cash EarTing.

Turn 40 - Sponge Survives - This is the biggy, never made it to 40 before :thumbsup:

Such lofty goals Spongie. Mine are more like:

Turn 8 - Pete Survives

Turn 9 - Pete Survives

Turn 10 - you get the idea.

But I agree with you on one point, per Dageraad's map- YELLOW will rule! :woohoo:

Damascus Pete

Guest Spongebob

There should be a standing rule that everyone list there nation in the signature line, someone as insignificant as yourself Falco are easly forgotten. I am guessing your one of Daggers bossom buddies, mopping up a defensless nation and expecting to earn credit for it.

I may like to scrap with the EarThing but he has earned the respect of the Sponge and if i saw you on the Polish border then I may just have to swap sides and kick you out. Honour is everything, I would rather fight with honour defending and honourable nation than one who has done nothing in the eyes of the Sponge.

Your not worthy of my pitty, beg forgivness and I may let you live :woohoo:

EarThing, I'll save you..... if only to save you for myself :thumbsup: