Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Newsflash:

Austrian rangers made a daring attack on xCoburg. According to the reports they managed to assasinate ReichsAirmarshall Göring. Austrian losses were small.

Von Manstein

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it's a game, let's keep it like that, taunting in-game is part of it, the Sponge is the perfect example of that. Apologies for whatever I seem to have done to you or Earthlink, and class A move you did, I'll do my best to match it.

In fact I already did.

Taunting someone or name calling is much different than an insinuation of cheating. However, dually noted......let's play the game.

Newsflash:

Austrian rangers made a daring attack on xCoburg. According to the reports they managed to assasinate ReichsAirmarshall Göring. Austrian losses were small.

Von Manstein

Wow, no matter how many times I tried such a move, it never worked for me. Kudos to you. Now, when did I put my Rangers........maybe the Polish Water, ahhhh, errr, Ranger Brigade can pull off the same feat!

I was beginning to wonder if this was an episode of America's Next Top Model.

I personally am not a fan of the personal insults. for the record, when I read Sparti's comment about the double-run country I had to laugh because this

game creates massive paranoia. Frankly, this is Russ's bread-and-butter from what I understand and the last thing he would do is allow something to affect

the integrity of the game.

I play Victory! to have a great strategic game against real players. I especially respect players that don't drop when their position seems futile. Not everyone does that, but it sure

beats fighting a computer-run player. I applaud those who stick it out, understand those that don't.

You have been consistently insulting towards me

Listen, not a single moment have I insulted anybody on a PERSONAL level. The only comment I have made that seems to have upset you and Earthlink is the 'zombieland', refering to nothing more than the lack of serious resistance I encountered in Bulgaria part from 1 city.

On the other hand I have personally been called various things repeatedly. I've tried to respond to that in the context of the game.

So, it's a game, let's keep it like that, taunting in-game is part of it, the Sponge is the perfect example of that. Apologies for whatever I seem to have done to you or Earthlink, and class A move you did, I'll do my best to match it.

In fact I already did.

If you looked at the Bulgarian set-up, you'd know that nearly *all* of my power is concentrated in two cities. The fact that I have to keep two of you busy limits my ability to defeat either one of you. And anyone can hit an enemy whose back is turned.

Now, that said, I will point out that vis-a-vis Earthling, you have inferred that which was not implied. He makes a play upon your chosen handle, the character Sparafucile, you took it as a personal slight. All I can tell you is that you picked the handle, chief -- you don't like the slanging opportunities it provides, that is a personal problem. He said that German tech is not a natural fit for Grecian terrain, but that he's been surprised before by other seemingly odd fits (iirc, the example he supplied was Iceland with Russian tech), you decided that he was implying you were incompetent, rather than what he said.

On the other hand, you mocked me, wondering why I would offer you an alliance when you'd allied with several others around me. I bit my tongue at the time, but will explain now. Conventional wisdom, given the long coastline and the islands of Greece, is that you'd would have chosen a power with nautical prospects. With that in hand, it would make excellent sense, especially if you had nautical prospects, that you could tip the balance of *any* conflict in the Med, esp. w/ secure borders.

Likewise, I see you've torn your stack open again on my fortifications... *sigh*

I also think you will find it a harder job to take the city back -- German naval technology being what it is. As for the rest, I think things are about to get a little more interesting, especially if something things outside of our conflict come to pass...

But that's all theory -- boasts are empty until we've submitted the turns.

I play Victory! to have a great strategic game against real players. I especially respect players that don't drop when their position seems futile. Not everyone does that, but it sure

beats fighting a computer-run player. I applaud those who stick it out, understand those that don't.

Futility is in the eye of the beholder. What looks futile to some is really not all that bad, if you can see the positions from the player playing the position.

All the rest is the play of the game.

Guest Spongebob
Note to self must build more mine layers :woohoo:

And more bombers, or some fighter, or more bases, or more anti air. :angry2:

Yes I know but when I have Iceland, Baltics and now Norway raining on my parade its a little hard to cover all bases. All we need now is Northern Russia to join the party and we will have ourselves a humdinger of a jamboree. Soooooooo I hope you all feel big and hard picking on a poor defenseless Sponge :rolleyes:

Yes I know but when I have Iceland, Baltics and now Norway raining on my parade its a little hard to cover all bases. All we need now is Northern Russia to join the party and we will have ourselves a humdinger of a jamboree. Soooooooo I hope you all feel big and hard picking on a poor defenseless Sponge :angry2:

Perhaps you may consider trying a new diplomatic style.

Although I would like to say that Northern Russian will be joining in the attack on Denmark, I have a suspicion that Ondali will not be. I will have to deal with that issue on my own I think........but, maybe not. Now, where did I put those heavy bombers, I believe that I have some air bases to destroy.

Note to self must build more mine layers :rolleyes:

And more bombers, or some fighter, or more bases, or more anti air. :python:

Yes I know but when I have Iceland, Baltics and now Norway raining on my parade its a little hard to cover all bases. All we need now is Northern Russia to join the party and we will have ourselves a humdinger of a jamboree. Soooooooo I hope you all feel big and hard picking on a poor defenseless Sponge :(

Yes I know but when I have Iceland, Baltics and now Norway raining on my parade its a little hard to cover all bases. All we need now is Northern Russia to join the party and we will have ourselves a humdinger of a jamboree. Soooooooo I hope you all feel big and hard picking on a poor defenseless Sponge :(

Cry me a river Sponge baby!

Try fighting Norway, Finland, Baltic, Poland, Germany and Hungary all at the same time!

Ok, don't count Germany, that guy wasn't very good.

Guest Spongebob

Cry me a river Sponge baby!

Try fighting Norway, Finland, Baltic, Poland, Germany and Hungary all at the same time!

Ok, don't count Germany, that guy wasn't very good.

OMG look what crawled out from the woodwork, A GIRL, are you still pottering about 87 or did you get your ass handed back to you on a plate. Never mind, I dont suppose your here so I can attack you again, never mind, pointless Girl. I need to concentrate on a better defense of Denmark than a Girl can do. Show me some pointers, where did you go wrong in 87 so I dont make the same huge mistakes you did after gaining so much of Germany.

Dags was just bragging to me how he is going to take Odense and Alborg next turn! Hope you are ready! Falco says he bombed Odense clean and it is ripe for the taking.........

OMG look what crawled out from the woodwork, A GIRL, are you still pottering about 87 or did you get your ass handed back to you on a plate. Never mind, I dont suppose your here so I can attack you again, never mind, pointless Girl. I need to concentrate on a better defense of Denmark than a Girl can do. Show me some pointers, where did you go wrong in 87 so I dont make the same huge mistakes you did after gaining so much of Germany.

Actually, I removed his former 1st command from xCopenhagen, but he wasn't supposed to know that, David! And Odense is a bit farfetched, or just plain far for Icelandic craft. So you're exaggerating a bit.

:python: Just a slight exaggeration? What will you actually take then?