Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Dear Thingamabob,

unlike you I don't self-proclaim, I just repeat what others call me.

I do enjoy a good punster and someone who understands wordplay....it's so unfortunate that the Greeks do not comprehend. But, maybe he shares he title character's flaws?

Following this forum closely and must say I'm disappointed by another ad hominem attack from you at the Greek player.

I say: keep it in-game. Judging from your other posts you're perfectly capable of that.

Just my 2cts.

:cheers:

A specific response to a specific series of posts relevant to the subject at hand......

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Dageraad, where's the map? I'm beginning to loose this game's overall-picture. For example. what's happening in North-Africa and Middle East?

Regards,

THE SHeikh!

AS always the map will be published just once a turn. Last was Dec 2nd, so you'll have to wait some for the next one.

But for now:

- Tunisia has fallen

- Trans Jordan seems to be in serious pain (as in: dead, I think)

- Morocco is conquering Algeria, but Algeria has conquered most of Tunisia, so should be able to retaliate (see if he can)

- Libya has lost the eastern part of his country and his capital to Egypt. With not much gained in Tunisia, he's in deep S..T!

- Morocco is looking for problems with the Spain, USA, Canada, Lowlands alliance, or has them already.

- With TJ gone, can Persia and Iraq hold? Persia has lost cities in north and south and they are fighting Southern Russia, Turkey (has lost a city), Syria, SA and UAE.

It never ceases to amaze me how little is actually known about what is really going on outside players immediate surroundings. Ah, let the conjecture continue. Some gain from this lack of insight and others definitely suffer because of it.

I do enjoy a good punster and someone who understands wordplay....it's so unfortunate that the Greeks do not comprehend. But, maybe he shares he title character's flaws?

Following this forum closely and must say I'm disappointed by another ad hominem attack from you at the Greek player.

beware the sheikh is disappointed..what country do u play...i want to DW somebody (just for no reason) :cheers:

So Dageraad, where's the map? I'm beginning to loose this game's overall-picture. For example. what's happening in North-Africa and Middle East?

Regards,

THE SHeikh!

AS always the map will be published just once a turn. Last was Dec 2nd, so you'll have to wait some for the next one.

But for now:

... details ...

It never ceases to amaze me how little is actually known about what is really going on outside players immediate surroundings. Ah, let the conjecture continue. Some gain from this lack of insight and others definitely suffer because of it.

The maps and world reports by Falco and me are based on public world events, SIM's, and what other people tell us. All this information is obtainable for any player in the game. We don't show and tell all that we know, as some of it is to strategic to point out on the map. And there is a lot going on that we don't know about. Feel free to fill in the blancs.

The main purpose of the map is to let readers who do not participate in the game know what's going on. There are other reasons.

Regards,

THE SHeikh!

But for now:

- Tunisia has fallen

- Trans Jordan seems to be in serious pain (as in: dead, I think)

- Morocco is conquering Algeria, but Algeria has conquered most of Tunisia, so should be able to retaliate (see if he can)

- Libya has lost the eastern part of his country and his capital to Egypt. With not much gained in Tunisia, he's in deep S..T!

- Morocco is looking for problems with the Spain, USA, Canada, Lowlands alliance, or has them already.

- With TJ gone, can Persia and Iraq hold? Persia has lost cities in north and south and they are fighting Southern Russia, Turkey (has lost a city), Syria, SA and UAE.

And others read between the lines and use logic and statistics to predict a future possible outcome. The study of human nature is facinating when not backed up by scientific knowledge.

I see you have modified your signature, soon you will have one as long as mine. May I make some suggestions to add to your list such as The Incontinent One, The Inconsolable One, The Indacloset One, The Indrag One, The Indapoop One, The Incapable One and the finally... The Inuptohisneckinit One :cheers:

Glad i could be of service.

Dear Thingamabob,

unlike you I don't self-proclaim, I just repeat what others call me.

Idiot???

Surely not!

Guest Spongebob

Yet another raft of German cites come under Danish protection. Hey Ballsup Mistakes I only one turn away from you now, wont be long before you will find out how tough a Sponge can be, keep heading west and I will meet you in Danzig, wear your best Prom dress coz were gonna dance. :cheers:

Yet another raft of German cites come under Danish protection. Hey Ballsup Mistakes I only one turn away from you now, wont be long before you will find out how tough a Sponge can be, keep heading west and I will meet you in Danzig, wear your best Prom dress coz were gonna dance. :cheers:

Just to let you know, xDanzig has a Superior fort w/6 infantry hiding behind those walls..... :(

I'm on my way to Copenhagen. :(

Guest Spongebob

Just to let you know, xDanzig has a Superior fort w/6 infantry hiding behind those walls..... :thumbsup:

GIT :(:drunk:

I'm on my way to Copenhagen. :drunk:

American tech? Or Russian? American tech can totally surprise drop from Iraq to Copenhagen in turn 45. :thumbsup:

Or will you send a fleet through the red sea and go the long way round? :-)

My Seibels are on the way!! Right now we are trying to negotiate our way through the Suez canal. Unfortunately, a fleet of Luderitzs need to ride shot gun so they don't run out of fuel before they get there. Stupid MCR of 6! Also seems the rules say I need to either own Suez or be TAs with the one who does. Since I'm not TA'd with him, well, it may take me a couple extra turns. Practice for my Marines! :cheers:

Then it is only 9 turns from the Suez to Copenhagen!! Prepare the defenses spongie and don't lose it before I get there! :cheers::wacko::(

Onwards, the light brigade (or something like that)!

I can't promise about the xCopenhagen part still belonging to a party you are currently at war with by the way.

Into the breach once more!

No worries, my diplomats are good at the DW ????? order. We will either take xCopenhagen, Haagen Daaz, or something else! :cheers:

I'm on my way to Copenhagen. :cheers:

American tech? Or Russian? American tech can totally surprise drop from Iraq to Copenhagen in turn 45. :thumbsup:

Or will you send a fleet through the red sea and go the long way round? :-)

My Seibels are on the way!! Right now we are trying to negotiate our way through the Suez canal. Unfortunately, a fleet of Luderitzs need to ride shot gun so they don't run out of fuel before they get there. Stupid MCR of 6! Also seems the rules say I need to either own Suez or be TAs with the one who does. Since I'm not TA'd with him, well, it may take me a couple extra turns. Practice for my Marines! :wacko:

Then it is only 9 turns from the Suez to Copenhagen!! Prepare the defenses spongie and don't lose it before I get there! :cheers::unsure::(

Paddle those boats, Kurassier, PADDLE THOSE BOATS FASTER! :drunk:

:unsure:

For somebody who's already lost most of his air fleet you sure have a big mouth. But hey, you probably have no problems with losing your meager 9 Junkers. There is a hidden wing of 25 more hiding somewhere beneath the waves. Anytime your armies want to come closer to my bombers, you are more than welcome. I still have all my bombers, I'm just waiting for other bombers to fly over my airbase, you know, the base you're all talking about, the one that is defended as an air base should be. Are you gonna come and bombard it? Oh no, you just lost your bombers.... You poor little spongie, just waiting to lose another country before the game is even half done.

You did not destroy any of Spongies bombers, so stop teasing him and do something against him other than destroying his railyards. Earthling too probably would encourage any extra attention you can spare on the Yellow menace.