Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

The problem with thinking I am bankrupt is it is just that.... thoughts. Try and FP if you wish, you will fail, Ignoring me will not stop my march to Riga. I have plenty of German slaves paying me taxes to suppliment my lavish aquatic lifestyle. :(

Have you notice I dont waffle on as much, maybe its because I am taking my final outing seriously? All these extra provinces, cities, armies takes a lot of logistical prowes.

Maybe I just dont care what any of you think. Maybe I have a big enough army on the Polish border just twitching to slap the Polish peasents and the Baltic terrorist around a bit.

I have good news:

- Denmark is a beautiful country, after alll. It only neads a change of leadership. We Icelanders want to return to our mother country to put it back in order. (Iceland was a Danish colony at the start of WO II).

- I do not notice any less waffling on your part. And I can not compare your performance in this game to earlier games, as this is the first time our paths have crossed. So far, Icelandic losses have been minimal. So have Danish losses to Iceland. I let Baltic States and Norway do the wrecking.

- As I am currently under attack from GB, I expect I can spare you even less attention in the future. But do not worry:

- I will not ignore you. I do not have that much cruelty inside of me.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spongebob
The problem with thinking I am bankrupt is it is just that.... thoughts. Try and FP if you wish, you will fail, Ignoring me will not stop my march to Riga. I have plenty of German slaves paying me taxes to suppliment my lavish aquatic lifestyle. :(

Have you notice I dont waffle on as much, maybe its because I am taking my final outing seriously? All these extra provinces, cities, armies takes a lot of logistical prowes.

Maybe I just dont care what any of you think. Maybe I have a big enough army on the Polish border just twitching to slap the Polish peasents and the Baltic terrorist around a bit.

I have good news:

- Denmark is a beautiful country, after alll. It only neads a change of leadership. We Icelanders want to return to our mother country to put it back in order. (Iceland was a Danish colony at the start of WO II).

- I do not notice any less waffling on your part. And I can not compare your performance in this game to earlier games, as this is the first time our paths have crossed. So far, Icelandic losses have been minimal. So have Danish losses to Iceland. I let Baltic States and Norway do the wrecking.

- As I am currently under attack from GB, I expect I can spare you even less attention in the future. But do not worry:

- I will not ignore you. I do not have that much cruelty inside of me.

So much worry about my ecconomy? I wonder how yours is holding out, Iceland has a unique set of problems and one of them should be starting to bite just about now. Norway has none to supply you with and your only source is now at war with you. I guess your effecivley out of this conflict for now. I predict your gonna be ecconomically destroyed long before me, just ask around someone will educate you in the perils of Iceland

Do not worry. I won't ruin the Icelandic economy on the assumption that I can get the money, coal and food from the mainland or Great Brittain. Earthling (from game #87) and I agree that Iceland is perfectly playable, as long as you recognize its weeknesses and start working on them from turn 1 onwards. It is, however, a nation for those of us that are blessed with patience and foresight.

Great Brittain too seems to think that Iceland will collapse by itself. Even if Great Brittain would completely block the seas around the island, I still can help my allies using airforce and intelligence gathering.

I did not want a war with Great Brittain. I made him a promise that I would not cross a certain border before a certain turn, and I intend to keep that promise even if he DW'd on me. And the Scandinavian league still has no plans against him in the forseeable future.

Denmark, however, is a beautifull country, that has to be saved from its current leadership.

Guest Spongebob
Do not worry. I won't ruin the Icelandic economy on the assumption that I can get the money, coal and food from the mainland or Great Brittain. Earthling (from game #87) and I agree that Iceland is perfectly playable, as long as you recognize its weeknesses and start working on them from turn 1 onwards. It is, however, a nation for those of us that are blessed with patience and foresight.

Great Brittain too seems to think that Iceland will collapse by itself. Even if Great Brittain would completely block the seas around the island, I still can help my allies using airforce and intelligence gathering.

I did not want a war with Great Brittain. I made him a promise that I would not cross a certain border before a certain turn, and I intend to keep that promise even if he DW'd on me. And the Scandinavian league still has no plans against him in the forseeable future.

Denmark, however, is a beautifull country, that has to be saved from its current leadership.

Denmark is better known by its current name - Spongistan :(

Denmark is better known by its current name - Spongistan :(

That's why you sign off with:

V89 - Denmark ?

Either you want to play hide and seek, have a split personality or are a megalomaniac for naming a whole country after yourself.

Or all three options combined.

Both are good reasons to liberate Denmark from your control. All those Germans too will be happy for a change in dictatorship.

And within a few turns Sponge is bankrupt. :(

But we all know that ruining your economy does not mean you can not resist an invader.

Maybe we should just FP and ignore him.

Maybe we should invite him as a guest of honour in a Dutch Victory meet-and-greet somewhere in spring.

The problem with thinking I am bankrupt is it is just that.... thoughts. Try and FP if you wish, you will fail, Ignoring me will not stop my march to Riga. I have plenty of German slaves paying me taxes to suppliment my lavish aquatic lifestyle. :blink:

STOP TALKING AND TAKE xBERLIN!!!!!!

Zum Teufel!

Guest Spongebob

Zum Teufel!

Do you really think he can? I think I'd take xBerlin before he does. Why would you want him to take xBerlin by the way? Would you really want a Sponge on your border?

The reason why he wants me to take Berlin is so I will allow him to live. He begged for his life and I said the price would be Berlin so its mine, keep you grubby little paws orf of it. Your gonna have enough trouble keeping hold of Warsaw and your own Capital without worrying about Berlin.

I will now perform my Sponge Mind Trick (Wave of hand) Berlin is not the city your looking for, move along

Zum Teufel!

Do you really think he can? I think I'd take xBerlin before he does. Why would you want him to take xBerlin by the way? Would you really want a Sponge on your border?

Well given the fact that Sponge has Berlin and Germany has allmost no troops left I think our yellow friend is capable of taking xBerlin. Sure he can mess up by not having any ammo, wrong orders or spongy excuses but sooner or later he might succeed.

Now let's turn to the question why I want Sponge to take Berlin. Well maybe, just maybe Germany will finally throw the towel in the ring and stop irritating me with those little attacks. Sure I get to score some ARM pts every time but it's so annoying. It costs fuel and ammo. Not to mention my precious time. On the other hand I like the 'never quit' mentality. Keep playing till the last division is destroyed. And even then continue! (better for my ARM score btw so thank you).

Sponge on my border? He allready IS on my border! And besides I fight 1 vs 2 and I love it! Especially when both my enemies make mistakes...

:(

Von Manstein

Guest Spongebob
Well given the fact that Sponge has Berlin and Germany has allmost no troops left I think our yellow friend is capable of taking xBerlin. Sure he can mess up by not having any ammo, wrong orders or spongy excuses but sooner or later he might succeed.

Now let's turn to the question why I want Sponge to take Berlin. Well maybe, just maybe Germany will finally throw the towel in the ring and stop irritating me with those little attacks. Sure I get to score some ARM pts every time but it's so annoying. It costs fuel and ammo. Not to mention my precious time. On the other hand I like the 'never quit' mentality. Keep playing till the last division is destroyed. And even then continue! (better for my ARM score btw so thank you).

Sponge on my border? He allready IS on my border! And besides I fight 1 vs 2 and I love it! Especially when both my enemies make mistakes...

:(

Von Manstein

Ammo? whats that? I got these plankton characters running up and down the defensive lines carry buckets of bits of metal, there all stamped made in China. Tried to fit them in my guns but they will not fit.

Madamme X will not quit, if its the last thing he does it would be to prevent the Sponge from owning Berlin, he could not stomach it, the Yellow Flag over Berlin. He scares me as well, never quits, hes just like the Polish EarThing he also never quits thats why I will take Warsaw from the Baltic Mistakes and head for Riga

:python:

Von Manstein

Who knows, maybe I'll come join the battle. Might be fun, gives you a chance to fight 3 enemies at once. I'd be fighting 3 as well, so that will make things even. First I'll start with xBerlin, which will probably still be German. I'll liberate the city before everybody dies of hunger and boredom (watching those invaders that can't invade the city). But you got to love that fighting spirit. We'll soon see what happens.

:ph34r:

Hey Manstein, are you and Bechar should be paying close attention to these types of comments? ..... You are next on the hit list. These Scandinavian have had NO resistance thus far and my fight has been split between two fronts. I am afraid that I may not last very long based on the sheer numbers they are able to throw at the war front and the fact that our war has been rough on both sides of the battle front. They keep getting stronger while we weaken ourselves.

Bechar, my offer still stands......

Von Manstein

Who knows, maybe I'll come join the battle. Might be fun, gives you a chance to fight 3 enemies at once. I'd be fighting 3 as well, so that will make things even. First I'll start with xBerlin, which will probably still be German. I'll liberate the city before everybody dies of hunger and boredom (watching those invaders that can't invade the city). But you got to love that fighting spirit. We'll soon see what happens.

:ph34r:

Zum Teufel!

Von Manstein

1 on 2? A bit melodramatic, don't you think? You have hardly had to fight Germany, as I have been fighting 1 on 5 for some time. I find it hard to work up much sympathy for you. Do you think you will get your panzers out of Coburg? Better move fast if you want them to live.

I stand in the way of the murderous Scandinavians, fear not for the Sponge has the righteous on his side.

Better look up Scandinavia on Wikipedia. Last time I looked Denmark was considered a part of Scandinavia (and Iceland, Finland and Baltic States are not). So the only Scandinavians murdering Germans are Danish, all under controll of your Sponginess.

If we add the way you treat your occupied population, the Germans will be happy to be liberated.