Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Guest Spongebob
BTW is Iceland considered Scandanavian?

Traditionally, Scandinavia is Denmark + Norway + Sweden. Not Finland, Northern Russia or Iceland.

But more often than not, Iceland + Finalnd are considered also a part of it too.

In #89 most of "Scandinavia" is part of the same TA: Iceland, Sweden, Finland & Norway. Denmark is missing from it. So in a way, we are fighting to unify Scandinavia. I have to admit it is all a matter of perspective, as Spongebob can claim that HE is Scandinavia, and HE is fighting to unify it by bringing the wayward parts under his control.

The war is mostly between the UK/Denmark and Norway/Iceland and at the moment totally undecided. There are British troops on the European mainland and there are lots of LDB's in Denmark. Norway/ Iceland have a stronger airforce, mostly due to the fact that Sponge lost most of his airforce early on in the conflict, but Spongebob has repelled our first attempt of invasion. There will be others.

A fair representation except for one small detail - Denmark does not want a unified Scandinavia, Denmark want to expand Greater Spongistan. :angry:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lt's a matter of perspective.

From our point of view there are hordes of Greek marching in de direction of xRiga and xLeningrad, with possible support from the Yugoslavs, the Hungarians and the Czechoslovakians.

From our point of view there are hordes of Greek marching in de direction of xRiga and xLeningrad, with possible support from the Yugoslavs, the Hungarians and the Czechoslovakians.

Riga?!?!?

There's been no move North since we took Blaj mány turns ago (brilliant move I must say myself), in fact we're moving South with the capture of Bucharest. We're too busy trying to break down Spongelike bunkers in Bulgaria, someone's got to do the dirty jobs I guess.

Getting rid of the Bulgarian waste on my own beaches is another dirty job!

Riga?!?!?

There's been no move North since we took Blaj mány turns ago (brilliant move I must say myself), in fact we're moving South with the capture of Bucharest. We're too busy trying to break down Spongelike bunkers in Bulgaria, someone's got to do the dirty jobs I guess.

Getting rid of the Bulgarian waste on my own beaches is another dirty job!

I believe you. The Swedes and Finns left some speedbumps on their own, some of which are quite annoying. Would you believe I am actually exporting coal from Iceland?

Nevertheless the future for both teams looks bright. Ultimately you will take Bulgaria, Rumania, pieces of Poland, Germany and (probably) Central Russia, and no immediate wars on your borders.

On the longer term, yourcentral position is both an asset and a liability.

Errrm - HELLO - Arnt you forgetting someone - TA DA - GREATER SPONGISTAN :unsure:

Only now I see the devious plan you have cooked up... Spongistan between the viking and slav alliance... Never knew Sponges were into SM... :woohoo:

Guest Spongebob
Errrm - HELLO - Arnt you forgetting someone - TA DA - GREATER SPONGISTAN :ranting:

Only now I see the devious plan you have cooked up... Spongistan between the viking and slav alliance... Never knew Sponges were into SM... :pirate:

Damm it - Now you know why I like "Rubber" Ducks :woohoo::unsure::woohoo:

Errrm - HELLO - Arnt you forgetting someone - TA DA - GREATER SPONGISTAN :unsure:

Only now I see the devious plan you have cooked up... Spongistan between the viking and slav alliance... Never knew Sponges were into SM... :woohoo:

Now all pieces suddenly fall into their proper place: all those games he joined, all those games he lost. Maybe we are doing him a favour by eliminating him.

You are interested in aquiring a piece of the Sponge too?

Guest Spongebob

Now all pieces suddenly fall into their proper place: all those games he joined, all those games he lost. Maybe we are doing him a favour by eliminating him.

Dream on Dagger - In this, my final game I am following one principle and one alone, no devious plots, no schemes, no double deals, just raw agressive power. If anyone and I mean anyone gets in the way of Greater Spongistan and my meglomaniac expansionist agenda then they will suffer at the hands of my Yellow army. Nothing can strop me now, nothing can prevent my continued existence. My nation is self perpetuating, self sustaining, its going to take all of you to stop me and your gonna have to do a little more than land a dodgy marine and fly a few bombing sortes.

Give it up because within 5 more turns someone in your crew is gonna get one hell of a bloody nose, its gonna rock your world. Im going to be taking the fight to you, you failed to defeat me when you had the chance. Now go away, think long and hard about your life choices and come back with an apology :woohoo:

Dont forget the yellow rubber ducks :woohoo:

He Spongiebum,

Now I understand, you can concentrate only on one game at the time, that's maybe why you quit VIC88.

But I would cut your phrase to: Don't forget the yellow rubber. Maybe this come in handy in certain circumstances in respect towards your ALL's and TA's in this game.

Greetings Rednas, not playing in this game though, because I definitely cannot concentrate and have the time to play in more than one game at the time.

I'm allways interested in huntig und killing Sponges. Right now I have other hobbies. Gotta visit Amsterdam in springtime.

Von Manstein

Dream on Dagger - In this, my final game I am following one principle and one alone, no devious plots, no schemes, no double deals, just raw agressive power. If anyone and I mean anyone gets in the way of Greater Spongistan and my meglomaniac expansionist agenda then they will suffer at the hands of my Yellow army. Nothing can strop me now, nothing can prevent my continued existence. My nation is self perpetuating, self sustaining, its going to take all of you to stop me and your gonna have to do a little more than land a dodgy marine and fly a few bombing sortes.

Give it up because within 5 more turns someone in your crew is gonna get one hell of a bloody nose, its gonna rock your world. Im going to be taking the fight to you, you failed to defeat me when you had the chance. Now go away, think long and hard about your life choices and come back with an apology :unsure:

Don't tell me you guys are actually letting spongecus run free? Do I need to come up there and put him in his place myself? :woohoo::woohoo:

Don't tell me you guys are actually letting spongecus run free? Do I need to come up there and put him in his place myself? :woohoo::unsure:

It's more like an experiment. I wanna see if Sponges can survive in the wild. Sponges are an endagered species und therefore austrian scientists are studying Sponge behavior. We want to learn more about this creature to be able to protect it.

Fortunately we are safe since Austria does not have access to the sea. For now...

Von Manstein