Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Keep it up... go on... The Rise of the Sponge is soon to begin the next phase of his grand plan for world domination. You better all get used to the idea that Im gonna be around for the next few years.

SO SHOW ME SOME GOD DAMM RESPECT ;):drunk::cheers:

Keep it coming Spongus. You see there are two reasons I play Vic. Sure I wanna move zhose armies around the map und fight. But Spongus bashing is also VERY important. It fills the time between those turns. :rolleyes:

BTW I hear the weather in xAmsterdam is nice this spring. Time to slash zhat winter training.

Adieu,

Von Manstein

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New map for turn 17:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t17.png

I have tried to simplify the color scheme.

- I do not know if there are any members of dark grey still playing, but as far as I know they all dropped.

- As usual, the weather gods are on the hand of the Yellow sponge as both my airstrikes got cancelled.

- xNizwa is still held by Kurassier (sorry, wrong game)

Great map, perfect colors. Much appreciated.

Von Manstein

New map for turn 17:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t17.png

- xNizwa is still held by Kurassier (sorry, wrong game)

Yes, I still hold it in 89. In fact, in this game it is a pretty barren desolate place that nobody comes to visit..... :rolleyes:

Guest Spongebob

Quick update, it seems the battle for who has Scandinavian supremacy is well on the way, land is changing hands faster than jonnys at a bachelor party. Still my quest into Poland goes unanswered, come on Baltics where is your answer, a few scouts will not save you and if you think flying low over my infantry is going to save you then you should send some more scouts to find out what I have coming up the rear.

Wakey Wakey... Spongebobs Here :)

Quick update, it seems the battle for who has Scandinavian supremacy is well on the way, land is changing hands faster than jonnys at a bachelor party. Still my quest into Poland goes unanswered, come on Baltics where is your answer, a few scouts will not save you and if you think flying low over my infantry is going to save you then you should send some more scouts to find out what I have coming up the rear.

Untill now it has been a war between Norway and you, and increasingly GB vs Iceland.

You have the advantage of being in a defensive position against an opponent that has to land first.

We have the advantage of shorter distances for our air units.

Why do you so desperately want to fight Baltic States too? Do you want to avenge Earthling and Monk? Or are the descriptions of you as the "willing victim" true and you do not WANT to win?

Guest Spongebob

Untill now it has been a war between Norway and you, and increasingly GB vs Iceland.

You have the advantage of being in a defensive position against an opponent that has to land first.

We have the advantage of shorter distances for our air units.

Why do you so desperately want to fight Baltic States too? Do you want to avenge Earthling and Monk? Or are the descriptions of you as the "willing victim" true and you do not WANT to win?

I want to fight the Baltics because I have no other land opponent to face for now, Lowlands keeps trying to take a pot shot be hid diplomats keep failing to deliver the post. You lot keep botching your landings, I leave you a little incentive and you bite only to feel the full force of mine and Great Britains wrath when once again your forced back into the sea. I'm now beyond Divison 40 and need somewhere to send them so I will have Warsaw as I promised. I cannot take the fight to you guys as you keep destroying my Airforce, latest reports from the ministery of Aviation says we are having to use Bi-Planes and Barrage Balloons to defeat you.

But I have a surprise up my sleeve for you guys, you must know from experience how devious I can be. Give up the fight, go help Baltics and I may let you all live as subseviant nations to Greater Spongistan. :D

Guest Spongebob

I wish to protest to the united nations.... :D The leader of the Icelandic Nation has deliberatly been seeking to deminish the size of Greater Spongistan by not showing our holdings in Poland. This is a blatant attempt to fudge the history books and cannot go unanswered. I demand that all nations issue sanctions against Iceland and its tyranical leader.... known to his people as The Dagger :)

Lowlands keeps trying to take a pot shot be his diplomats keep failing to deliver the post.

Lowlands should have more important things to focus on. Like where to get enough divisions to hold back the austrian wave of steel.

Von Manstein

Guest Spongebob
Lowlands keeps trying to take a pot shot be his diplomats keep failing to deliver the post.

Lowlands should have more important things to focus on. Like where to get enough divisions to hold back the austrian wave of steel.

Von Manstein

Oi dont you start, Baltics took the spoils in Poland when they were mine and now he is going to face the full wrath of my SSS :) Dont think your getting it all your own way ManStain, I remember you from history and I'm sure I have a bone to pick with you as well so "Kneel before Sponge" (say it like Zod)

I wish to protest to the united nations.... :D The leader of the Icelandic Nation has deliberatly been seeking to deminish the size of Greater Spongistan by not showing our holdings in Poland. This is a blatant attempt to fudge the history books and cannot go unanswered. I demand that all nations issue sanctions against Iceland and its tyranical leader.... known to his people as The Dagger :)

The rest of the world probably wonders what your version of the map is. Everybody is free to post his or her very own version of the map. You did so in game #88, so please do so for #89. To include every province and minor city (like Poznan) suggests a level of accuracy and detail that i can not guarantee. I do not have enough orders for that.

The map has the purpose of keeping those NOT playing in this game informed about what's going on. The fact that you own a province of Poland is just as irrelevant as the fact that some of the territory in Germany is still in German hands. The map does not show that either. Or the extent of the Moroccan advance in the Algerian desert. Or exactly which provinces Baltic states has taken from Central Russia. Or the landings of Ireland in France.

And "Dageraad" has no connection with "Daggers" and I can't remember ever sticking a dagger in someones back. Iceland is a dictatorship. But judging by the nationale morale the Icelanders are very happy with their current leader.

I wish to protest to the united nations.... :cheers: The leader of the Icelandic Nation has deliberatly been seeking to deminish the size of Greater Spongistan by not showing our holdings in Poland. This is a blatant attempt to fudge the history books and cannot go unanswered. I demand that all nations issue sanctions against Iceland and its tyranical leader.... known to his people as The Dagger :)

In order to show we care, cough, cough, UAE is officially banning all exports of sponges to Iceland. We will sell them to India instead. :D Sorry Dageraad, but I hear there are plenty of sponges for the taking in Denmark. :cheers:

As an aside, and completely unrelated to the above communications, the Indian nation is paying us twice what Iceland was.