Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The Austrian DW on Iceland does hurt. That means poor little Iceland has to fight both you and Great B.

Lowlands ceding territory to Iceland was the simple reason I had to DW Iceland. Don't make to much of it. You will not land on the continent, I will not land in Iceland. As long as we both can live with this I see no reason why there cannot be peace between us.

Von Manstein

- The Austrian DW on Iceland does hurt. That means poor little Iceland has to fight both you and Great B.

Lowlands ceding territory to Iceland was the simple reason I had to DW Iceland. Don't make to much of it. You will not land on the continent, I will not land in Iceland. As long as we both can live with this I see no reason why there cannot be peace between us.

Von Manstein

I did already land on the continent in turn 16 and 17, so your warning is a bit late.

You landing in Iceland? With What? German units?

You willingly did far, far more than just take a province that was ceded to me.

Erich the Great coming to the rescue of Spongebob. What this world is coming to.

Guest Spongebob

Von Manstein

I did already land on the continent in turn 16 and 17, so your warning is a bit late.

Erich the Great coming to the rescue of Spongebob. What this world is coming to.

Oi - I dont need no rescue. Especially from the ManStain, if your allies are dumb enough to use you as a road block then you deserve all thats coming to you and I for one am glad its directed at you and not me. If ManStains attacks help me then I may be inclined to let him live... for now. You guys just cannot help but make enemies. :woohoo:

Guest Spongebob
Oi - I dont need no rescue. Especially from the ManStain, if your allies are dumb enough to use you as a road block then you deserve all thats coming to you and I for one am glad its directed at you and not me.

You might not need it, but you got it, and it had nothing to do with any roadblock. Austrian air forces attacking nowhere near that roadblock, attacking forces they wouldn't have known about but for someone giving them that information. So where no proof existed before, there is now. I will refrain from quoting an earlier message and the following reply from one of that group.

Believe what you will but you clearly have no understanding of Sponge. The world expressed within your mind must look a lot like the confussion and paranoia that extends throughout mine. Welcome to my world :woohoo:

Dageraad,

Those few ship points hardly count as 'damage'. Just a scratch you can easily recover from. Compared to me loosing two turns advancing into Lowlands it's a fair exchange of damage. My message is clear. Stay of the continent and all is ok. Continue landing and I will sink your fleet and destroy your armies. I have no intention to land in Iceland. Suggest you focus on another enemy.

BTW I do NOT rescue Sponge. NOT NOW, NEVER EVER!!!! I have my own strategy and agenda. Sponge is just a yellow nuisance that pops up every game. Longer this time than ever before I fear.

Von Manstein

Well, you did more damage to me in that one attack than Spongebob did in the whole game up to that point.

So I have to agree with Falco on this one.

Manstein together with the Sponge, who would ever think it possible. Well, its'spring, so i must be love.

Well, you did more damage to me in that one attack than Spongebob did in the whole game up to that point.

Manstein together with the Sponge, who would ever think it possible. Well, its'spring, so i must be love.

Has anybody ever seen Mainstein and Spongecus in the same room together? :woohoo: Just asking..... :cheers:

Has anybody ever seen Mainstein and Spongecus in the same room together? :cheers: Just asking..... :cheers:

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Glory in Battle" :woohoo:

LOL If warm, wet and soapy enough a Sponge can be quite nice. That should answer your question. :woohoo:

Guest Spongebob
For once I have nothing to say :woohoo::unsure:

and there was much rejoicing. YEA!, YEA! :cheers::cheers:

The beginning of the end of the Sponge?

You wish... Im still going to be a thorn in your sides for many more turns. You still underestimate me and that will be your downfall. What success have you had, you try and fail to defeat the Sponge, with all the Lt Blue might and power you still cannot get anywhere. Iceland must be running low on vital supplies by now, wont be long till you cannot build anything or replace your losses. Hows the Coal?

And one more thing, how come Lowlands is not coloured Lt Blue or is that brown splodge on your last map what all the dried blood looks like from all the dead,

[iceland must be running low on vital supplies by now, wont be long till you cannot build anything or replace your losses. Hows the Coal?

And one more thing, how come Lowlands is not coloured Lt Blue or is that brown splodge on your last map what all the dried blood looks like from all the dead,

Iceland has still enough coal for about 18 turns, after that enough Oil for another 30. After that, I can probably get some from my allies, as Northern Russia has an energy surplus. Even if that source of coal would no longer be there, I simply cut production in all cities that do not run on ALT, and let my refineries run on the rest of the oil. That leaves me with 100% of the ARM, SHIP and FUEL production for the rest of the game. Which won't be long, because we are talking about turn 66 by then.

Now you probably think that I have slashed all my refineries and that I am running low on FUEL. I still have a strategic reserve of around 10000 left.

At present consumption levels Food and Hvy will last unto the end of the game, and I have a hefty surplus of LGT. If you do not believe me, ask Earthling how this can be done. We exchanged information on Iceland in game #87 and 89 about 9 turns ago. We came to the same conclusion: for Iceland to work, you need a drastic economic reform lasting for the first 20 turns. Now if you ignore the Icelandic problems you would probably run out of coal around this turn. Sounds familliar?

Running Iceland for longer than 40 turns is not that big of an achievement. It just requires patience and basic math skills. And you definately not have to TA or DW Great Britain to survive.

At the moment Lowland is part of two different TA's, but not a full partner in either one. You can compare the situation to Egypt. Past maps used a striped light/dark blue stripe for Lowlands, just like Egypt in the last map. Lowlands is to small for this coloring to work, so I gave it a color on its own.

I you like, I can give Denmark her own colour to illustrate the special place that its player holds in the opinions of the average player in this game. What about a nice shade of pink? Or Purple? Better hurry, as it all will probably be green or blue before turn 35.