Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

<_< My generals have just reported from the front, the front is too close to home, this is the begining of the end for Greater Spongistan, I cannot survive against the constant onslaught of bombers. I will put up as good a fight as I can but I will be out of forces very soon.

I always compliment my enemies on a good campaign, you could have done it a lot sooner but what is done is done, I do fear however many will mourn the passing of the Sponge and seek to avenge my dimise.

I have to agree with you.

You can always try to kick me out of xHamburg before von M. does.

Will Great Britain pull a Dunkirk?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spongebob

No as I said this is my final game for some time, I will be taking a long hard rest but will be back in the future. But before then I have a few suicide missions to perform <_<

<_< My generals have just reported from the front, the front is too close to home, this is the begining of the end for Greater Spongistan, I cannot survive against the constant onslaught of bombers. I will put up as good a fight as I can but I will be out of forces very soon.

I always compliment my enemies on a good campaign, you could have done it a lot sooner but what is done is done, I do fear however many will mourn the passing of the Sponge and seek to avenge my dimise.

I was in serious doubt whether to reply or not. Even with replying there be several choices, but I'll try to be nice. No you won't survive. That is your own fault by the way, as you foolishly took your armies to my border, with no possibility to get back in time for any kind of attack from the other side. I did try to warn you about that. Our bombers were not the problem here either, I think. Your lack of air defense cost you your air force. A lot of people believe in the power of bombers, even a lot of veterans of the game. But I can give you some very nice examples where fighters win the day, easily. Especially when you lack the air points to really do bomber damage, then fighters are the way to go. Ok, the Russian units lack a real fighter, but even then, 50 very cheap fighters still will do a lot of damage on very expensive bombers.

And no, we could not have done it sooner, without sacrificing units and defense of (in my case) my homelands and Poland. Yes, landings have failed on your coast, giving you a false sense of security it seems. But moving loads of units over the sea takes a lot of preparation and lots of orders. Happy not to be Norway or Iceland. All honors to them.

I have said this before, you were never my main target. You have made yourself an enemy by your actions in the game. Having two armies on my doorstep (one has retreated, but not fast enough, not far enough, the other one is dead), have made me loose sight of the beautiful plains of Russia.

In your next incarnation you might want to consider some of the tactics you have been deploying.

Oh, the fighter versus bomber debate continues. Each has their place and their strengths, but in the end, fighters can far more easily be countered than bombers, especially over time. But don't listen to me if you're still sold on focusing the vast majority of your AIR points to fighters. It only makes the game easier for me if fighters are indeed your thing and if that's the case I thank you all for that whole heartedly. :thumbsup:

I was in serious doubt whether to reply or not. Even with replying there be several choices, but I'll try to be nice. No you won't survive. That is your own fault by the way, as you foolishly took your armies to my border, with no possibility to get back in time for any kind of attack from the other side. I did try to warn you about that. Our bombers were not the problem here either, I think. Your lack of air defense cost you your air force. A lot of people believe in the power of bombers, even a lot of veterans of the game. But I can give you some very nice examples where fighters win the day, easily. Especially when you lack the air points to really do bomber damage, then fighters are the way to go. Ok, the Russian units lack a real fighter, but even then, 50 very cheap fighters still will do a lot of damage on very expensive bombers.

And no, we could not have done it sooner, without sacrificing units and defense of (in my case) my homelands and Poland. Yes, landings have failed on your coast, giving you a false sense of security it seems. But moving loads of units over the sea takes a lot of preparation and lots of orders. Happy not to be Norway or Iceland. All honors to them.

I have said this before, you were never my main target. You have made yourself an enemy by your actions in the game. Having two armies on my doorstep (one has retreated, but not fast enough, not far enough, the other one is dead), have made me loose sight of the beautiful plains of Russia.

In your next incarnation you might want to consider some of the tactics you have been deploying.

Oh, the fighter versus bomber debate continues. Each has their place and their strengths, but in the end, fighters can far more easily be countered than bombers, especially over time. But don't listen to me if you're still sold on focusing the vast majority of your AIR points to fighters. It only makes the game easier for me if fighters are indeed your thing and if that's the case I thank you all for that whole heartedly. :thumbsup:

I didn't actually say that did I? I said lacking air points to really have a lot of bombers (like Sponge had with Denmark), building only a few bombers doesn't help shit. Don't worry, if ever we meet on the field of battle, we'll have our air fight, fighters and bombers. And I don't know about you, but I can't really get through my air points, building only fighters..... :-)

You're quite right. You did clarify the need for enough AIR points to replenish the damage that bombers will invariably take going against significant fighter defenses. Then again, such a point is really beyond redundant since anyone with any experience in this game would already know that and thus would not need such a clarification. That being said, it must be remembered that you were speaking to Spongebob and no matter how many games he plays, he never seems to learn from his most glaring mistakes. If he is an example of a 'veteran' player, then I think the dictionary entry under 'veteran' needs to be seriously reconsidered.

If he is an example of a 'veteran' player, then I think the dictionary entry under 'veteran' needs to be seriously reconsidered.

To be a true 'veteran' player, you have to complete at least one game..... :rolleyes::cheers:

If he is an example of a 'veteran' player, then I think the dictionary entry under 'veteran' needs to be seriously reconsidered.

To be a true 'veteran' player, you have to complete at least one game..... :rolleyes::cheers:

Then I'll be a rookie for at least 44 more turns. Perfect. 44 more turns to be able to blame it all on being a starter.

Count me in too. I never finished any of my earlier attempts either.

So, the mighty Scandinavian team is entirely made up out of rookies!

Guest Spongebob

Be careful what you wish for with talk like that I may just continue to play until i DO survive.

Guest Spongebob

Okay ladies, Ive licked my wounds and patched up my pride now its time to show those Scandinavian cross dressing sheep chasing bullies whos the Boss. Not more Greater Spongistan time to defend the homeland against the hoards of illegals squatting in my country. Come on bring it on, your gonna pay one hell of a price for that beachhead you got and when I am finished with you your gonna wish you had never dissed the Sponge. For I will avenge myself upon thee with great fury and yellow paint. I hearby proclaim that all captured enemy forces shall be placed in forced TV watching camps where you will be subjected to hourly episodes of my show. This will be the final solution. I have finally beaten my deamons and become Sane. :rolleyes:

Okay ladies, Ive licked my wounds and patched up my pride now its time to show those Scandinavian cross dressing sheep chasing bullies whos the Boss. Not more Greater Spongistan time to defend the homeland against the hoards of illegals squatting in my country. Come on bring it on, your gonna pay one hell of a price for that beachhead you got and when I am finished with you your gonna wish you had never dissed the Sponge. For I will avenge myself upon thee with great fury and yellow paint. I hearby proclaim that all captured enemy forces shall be placed in forced TV watching camps where you will be subjected to hourly episodes of my show. This will be the final solution. I have finally beaten my deamons and become Sane. :rolleyes:

I must be on facebook too much. I was looking for the LIKE BUTTON.

THE SPONGE IS BACK! and with a vengeance!