Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Okay ladies, Ive licked my wounds and patched up my pride now its time to show those Scandinavian cross dressing sheep chasing bullies whos the Boss. Not more Greater Spongistan time to defend the homeland against the hoards of illegals squatting in my country. Come on bring it on, your gonna pay one hell of a price for that beachhead you got and when I am finished with you your gonna wish you had never dissed the Sponge. For I will avenge myself upon thee with great fury and yellow paint. I hearby proclaim that all captured enemy forces shall be placed in forced TV watching camps where you will be subjected to hourly episodes of my show. This will be the final solution. I have finally beaten my deamons and become Sane. :rolleyes:

Vell,

With this attitude you might actually make it to T73.

Von Manstein

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay ladies, Ive licked my wounds and patched up my pride now its time to show those Scandinavian cross dressing sheep chasing bullies whos the Boss. Not more Greater Spongistan time to defend the homeland against the hoards of illegals squatting in my country. Come on bring it on, your gonna pay one hell of a price for that beachhead you got and when I am finished with you your gonna wish you had never dissed the Sponge. For I will avenge myself upon thee with great fury and yellow paint. I hearby proclaim that all captured enemy forces shall be placed in forced TV watching camps where you will be subjected to hourly episodes of my show. This will be the final solution. I have finally beaten my deamons and become Sane. :rolleyes:

Vell,

With this attitude you might actually make it to T73.

Von Manstein

Well, if Spongebob starts building LDB, LAA, HAA, CHAB and CLAB in Bornhorm each turn I promise I will not invade.

Remind me, who survided by building max LDB all over Germany in one of the games just completed?

Oh and as far as the fighter vs. Bomber debate, I prefer lots of both!

10 groups per turn is a bit hard to do, as in the beginning you can't get that. But after that it is usually my goal to use the NTS level to its max. More fighters at the start, lots of bombers in the end. 10 manchesters per turn, can be done. It ain't easy, but it can be done! Where are those good old days, when air factories produced 20 air points per turn.

10 groups of P-51D's /turn should be doable. Who needs bombers?

Oh and as far as the fighter vs. Bomber debate, I prefer lots of both!

10 groups per turn is a bit hard to do, as in the beginning you can't get that. But after that it is usually my goal to use the NTS level to its max. More fighters at the start, lots of bombers in the end. 10 manchesters per turn, can be done. It ain't easy, but it can be done! Where are those good old days, when air factories produced 20 air points per turn.

10 groups of P-51D's /turn should be doable. Who needs bombers?

Use 143 Air factories for your P-51D's, create 10 fighters from turn one, convert all fighter after turns 54? Use the rest of the airpoints for Skymasters, something like that?

It sounds good, but I am afraid I can not afford that. There are still lots of other types of planes in the Icelandic air force and I will not wait untill turn 54 to convert some of my P-36C's into something nore usefull. And owning an airforce consisting of only a few types of planes just is not my style. Boring. Like an army consisting of only Mech'39's, or a navy of only Norfolks. Or all those air fleets of Ju-88's all over the map.

Well, if Spongebob starts building LDB, LAA, HAA, CHAB and CLAB in Bornhorm each turn I promise I will not invade.

Remind me, who survided by building max LDB all over Germany in one of the games just completed?

Not sure if I survived only by building LDB (Germany V80) but it sure was a lot. My major cities had 8k+ LDB, 2500 HAA and 8k LAA near the end of the game.

I was bankrupt offcourse. :rolleyes:

Not sure if I survived only by building LDB (Germany V80) but it sure was a lot. My major cities had 8k+ LDB, 2500 HAA and 8k LAA near the end of the game.

I was bankrupt offcourse. :rolleyes:

WOW. Did you have all of your country left, or was everything taken, but those major cities?

Money was a 'bit' negative at the end (-300k or something) so my enemies could FP & DW at will. But since they wanted my nice country they HAD to come to me. Needless to say those cities, with 18 divs, interceptors and legendary forts, held out for some turns and tied up large numbers of enemy troops and planes. Eventually my enemies took large parts of my country but the capitol never fell. My arm production was ok and with the help of my TA's we pushed them back. T73 large parts of Germany were liberated and I'm sure we would have pushed them back further if we had some more turns.

It was an interesting strategy but the negative morale and negative cash meant we did not win on points. I only recommend this strategy if all else fails or as a standard strategy for Sponge.

I'm playing 100% different this time. B)

Von Manstein

Sounds like good tactics, building those units that are most effective. Oh right, you are describing the way I play! :-) But in V89 I have 4 different plane types, 3 different army divisions, soon 4, and 3 different naval units. I am surprising myself here, by the way. Hmm, V87, for being 20 turns further along, is a bit worse. Only 3 army units, 6 different sort of planes and only 2 naval units.

Flavor is everything! I even build Cav for use in parades! Offcourse they never leave my capitol.

Von Manstein.

Guest Spongebob

I was bankrupt offcourse. B)

WOW. Did you have all of your country left, or was everything taken, but those major cities?

Money was a 'bit' negative at the end (-300k or something) so my enemies could FP & DW at will. But since they wanted my nice country they HAD to come to me. Needless to say those cities, with 18 divs, interceptors and legendary forts, held out for some turns and tied up large numbers of enemy troops and planes. Eventually my enemies took large parts of my country but the capitol never fell. My arm production was ok and with the help of my TA's we pushed them back. T73 large parts of Germany were liberated and I'm sure we would have pushed them back further if we had some more turns.

It was an interesting strategy but the negative morale and negative cash meant we did not win on points. I only recommend this strategy if all else fails or as a standard strategy for Sponge.

I'm playing 100% different this time. B)

Von Manstein

Im watching you ManStain, dont push it just because I have no army, no navy no airforce and our munitions factories are currently only capable of producing spud guns dont think I cant come down to Austria and give you a severe talking to :ranting::rolleyes:

Im watching you ManStain, dont push it just because I have no army, no navy no airforce and our munitions factories are currently only capable of producing spud guns dont think I cant come down to Austria and give you a severe talking to B):rolleyes:

The troops in xHamburg, under siege by the mighty Danish army, object to the "no army" bit. Norway and Baltic States too heavy for you?

Im watching you ManStain, dont push it just because I have no army, no navy no airforce and our munitions factories are currently only capable of producing spud guns dont think I cant come down to Austria and give you a severe talking to B):rolleyes:

Stop wining Sponge! Even a single ranger battalion is enough for me to wage war. Use your assets!

Von Manstein

Cheering masses welcome Norwegian liberators

xAlborg, today – A spontaneous feast broke out in xAlborg today following the liberation of the city by the Royal Norwegian Army from the alien suppressors called Sponges. An elder lady explained: “We’re so happy! Finally we’re living in Denmark again, instead of this ‘Spongistan’. It was horrible. They cut big round holes in all buildings and everything was painted yellow and we were all forced to eat cold seaweed and drink seawater. Do you know how hard that is on the stomach?” Everywhere in the city people have already started painting their houses red and white again and volunteers are flocking to the army to help in the liberation of the rest of Denmark.

Approval isn’t limited to Denmark either. In xOslo a spokesman from the ‘Friends of the Sea’ said: “We’re so happy that these Sponges are being stopped. They say they’re living underwater, but they did absolutely disgusting things to the sea. They dumped just massive amounts of faulty munitions in it and they destroyed the beaches by building Rubber Duck Bunkers everywhere.” A military spokesman confirmed: “It’s true. All that munition they dumped was pretty dangerous, however due to the hard work of our Pelikan crews only a single Seibel vessel was sunk. Our Marines initially had some problems with all those RDB’s on the beaches but with some extra training they were overcome pretty easy in the end.” Some Danish rubber industry workers are said to be rioting due to fear of loosing their jobs but it is expected that they will calm down pretty quick when they realize there will be plenty of work in supplying tires to the army (an activity which is not considered being standard practice in the Sponginated Abduction Forces).

Meanwhile, the Danish government-in-exile jointly with the Norwegian and Swedish governments announced the formation of the Second Kalmar Union, a military assistance and cooperation alliance under which each respective country will be free and independent, but pledges to aid each other in case of foreign aggression. However, due to the ongoing war in Denmark and the tense political situation in Europe, foreign policy for the three countries will be decided in xOslo for the time being.

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t20.png

- I left out those countries of which I am not shure they are still active. It shows that "the south" is growing in a vaccum.

- Now that war has been declared between Lowlands and Great Brittain, I recolored Lowlands to be part of the Scandinavian alliance.

- Lots of new blue dots in Greater Spongistan.

Guest Spongebob
New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t20.png

- I left out those countries of which I am not shure they are still active. It shows that "the south" is growing in a vaccum.

- Now that war has been declared between Lowlands and Great Brittain, I recolored Lowlands to be part of the Scandinavian alliance.

- Lots of new blue dots in Greater Spongistan.

This is Unacceptable :laugh: I demand a re-count of the votes in the blue dotted cities.