Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

Does that mean you already started to starve the population, dismantle the industry and wreck the rail in xVienna?

Better: I'm disbanding ldb and breaking TA's. My (former) TA's will take over Austria. :thumbsup:

If you want xVienna you better hurry!

Von Manstein

don't worry... we will be there before you can break your TA's. Say just before X-mas.. :jawdrop:

as for the factories....well to be honest i did not have the ore's to run them anyway....but i guess that problem is solved if we march in to austria in a few turns. (anybody wanne trade coal for ore? i trade 2 for 1)

:thumbsup:

Mario

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry... we will be there before you can break your TA's. Say just before X-mas.. :santa:

as for the factories....well to be honest i did not have the ore's to run them anyway....but i guess that problem is solved if we march in to austria in a few turns. (anybody wanne trade coal for ore? i trade 2 for 1)

Mario

Hmm guess I'd better relocate to Baltic states then. I have a feeling I won't be meeting too much resistance there.

Von Manstein

don't worry... we will be there before you can break your TA's. Say just before X-mas.. :cheers:

Mario

Hmm guess I'd better relocate to Baltic states then. I have a feeling I won't be meeting too much resistance there.

Von Manstein

Sounds like a good plan my general....even better, move to sub sahara Africa. :cheers: .. no resistence expected there at all. BTW don't count on you're allies flying you over there... they seem to be short of planes... :santa:

Mario

Sounds like a good plan my general....even better, move to sub sahara Africa. :cheers: .. no resistence expected there at all. BTW don't count on you're allies flying you over there... they seem to be short of planes... :santa:

Mario

Planes? Modern crap. real man fight with swords! Cav incoming...

Von Manstein

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-89t31.png

- The situation in Turkey and Russia is only sketchy at best. But with the war between the Balkan and the Middle East expanding there must be some worries in Athens and Zagreb about being caught between.

- The war in central Europe showed us the usual amount of bombs and kills, with a rare Austrian offensive this time. However, none of the feared CAV divisions showed up.

- The war between the USA and Greece was very short. The USA accepts the Greek surrender and has promised it will do its best to shore up the desperatie Greek credit rating.

- Iceland and Great Britain exchanged the usual unpleasantness. This turn we saw the first Strategic bombardment, on xReykjavik of all places. Iceland protests the targeting of its civilian population.

It seems the credit situation is complete mirrored from RL between Greece and US 06.gif

Now let's see if we can break it again. 26.gif

Nice to now the Greek credit is slipping too. if you want to waist orders on that, please do so. the USA won't be a member of the Northern Alliance for long, anyway.

Hmmmm, you misunderstood, or maybe I expressed myself in the wrong way.

Greek currency is strong as is morale. In life a lot things are often uncertain but I think we can safely say that the US morale is subzero.

Are you nearing xStalingrad yet?

What!?!?!?

UAE has declared war on my beloved Greece?????

That's not hte only new war. While we were knocking the snot out of eachother some other players took notice and the great stab in the back has begun.

What!?!?!?

That's not hte only new war. While we were knocking the snot out of eachother some other players took notice and the great stab in the back has begun.

If your referring to Italy declaring on Lowlands I tried to be friends or at least remain neutral.

My offer was answered with demands and threats.

I don't respond well to threats.

And I didn't stab him in the back. I kicked in the front door.

VLD

What!?!?!?

If your referring to Italy declaring on Lowlands I tried to be friends or at least remain neutral.

VLD

Threats? that must have been a part of the conversation that I missed.

And an attack from a direction and side that you totally did not expect it coming from,

while the bulk of your armed forces are fighting elsewhere is usually called a "stab in the back".

Even if you do not use a knife but prefer a claymore to run someone through.

Now that's all part of the game, after all, its all about (blind) trust, misdirection, paranoia etc.

All is fair in love and war.

But the Balkan and Scandinavian TA's were having a nice little war (well, a nice big war).

They were pushing on one front, we were pushing back on another.

It was a nice, balanced war. It isn't any more. Now we'll never know who would have won this without interference from "outside".

Nice, balanced wars are not that common in this game and you ruined it.

And in my mental notebook I open up a new page, put "VLD" at the top of ther page and add some notes.

What!?!?!?

VLD

And an attack from a direction and side that you totally did not expect it coming from,

while the bulk of your armed forces are fighting elsewhere is usually called a "stab in the back".

Even if you do not use a knife but prefer a claymore to run someone through.

I call that bad judgement on the Great Strategic Discourse :woohoo:

A stab in the back is often executed by someone you have an agreement with........