Rolling Thunder Forums

Vic! 89

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the great stab in the back has begun.

Try being in the dead center of all other power blocks, no such thing as a balanced war, at least not in our experience :woohoo:

I regret that. Like I sais before, I would have liked to find out who would have won

What!?!?!?

UAE has declared war on my beloved Greece?????

OH, was Greece yours? :woohoo: oops!! :thumbsup::drunk:

But but.... WHY???

Or is it because you think you can grab an easy piece because we just happen to be in an all out trench war with our Northern friends?

....who figured the same when we were in in similar all out war with a previous central European power block many turns ago......

Well nobody said life was fair of course, I just keep mumbling to myself, feels kinda safe and secure .......

What!?!?!?

OH, was Greece yours? :woohoo: oops!! :thumbsup::cheers:

But but.... WHY???

Or is it because you think you can grab an easy piece because we just happen to be in an all out trench war with our Northern friends?

....who figured the same when we were in in similar all out war with a previous central European power block many turns ago......

Well nobody said life was fair of course, I just keep mumbling to myself, feels kinda safe and secure .......

I'm bored. Besides, ally of an enemy and all that rot. As far as I'm concerned, if you aren't my TA, you are a TArget. :drunk:

Nothing personal, it's just business. :cheers: If it helps, I am also at war with Denmark, and when I drew a line to see how to get there, Greece was in the way......

That's not hte only new war. While we were knocking the snot out of eachother some other players took notice and the great stab in the back has begun.

I've been pondering about this post.

You're not seriously saying you guys even tried to get Italy on your side as well???

We did not. I would have prefered Italy to remain neutral. As I said before, the war had a nice equality to it.

And Kurassier did not attack you on our request either. He does not need our request.

What!?!?!?

That's not hte only new war. While we were knocking the snot out of eachother some other players took notice and the great stab in the back has begun.

If your referring to Italy declaring on Lowlands I tried to be friends or at least remain neutral.

My offer was answered with demands and threats.

I don't respond well to threats.

And I didn't stab him in the back. I kicked in the front door.

VLD

Threats? that must have been a part of the conversation that I missed.

And an attack from a direction and side that you totally did not expect it coming from,

while the bulk of your armed forces are fighting elsewhere is usually called a "stab in the back".

Even if you do not use a knife but prefer a claymore to run someone through.

Now that's all part of the game, after all, its all about (blind) trust, misdirection, paranoia etc.

All is fair in love and war.

But the Balkan and Scandinavian TA's were having a nice little war (well, a nice big war).

They were pushing on one front, we were pushing back on another.

It was a nice, balanced war. It isn't any more. Now we'll never know who would have won this without interference from "outside".

Nice, balanced wars are not that common in this game and you ruined it.

And in my mental notebook I open up a new page, put "VLD" at the top of ther page and add some notes.

then let me bring you up to speed.

these are the key points to the email he sent to me. if you want I can forward the whole to you.

*We are happy to see Italy doing so well,but of course we can not allow you to take all of France. (we?! whose we? TAs?)

*We are happy to leave the prov. Nancy,Belfort,and Strasbourg,under the condition that we can take metz,sedan,troyes,paris,and the prov. north of that line. (France had quit at this point and hes not yet at war. I had already taken everything but the city of Strasbourg. thanks for letting me keep them.)

*As an alternative of course we can fight over all these fuel and coal prov. with the result we will probably end up loosing a lot of troops. I need an answer by tomorrow so I can call back the troops...

He bluffed, I've called him on it.

sorry for the inconvience.

these are the key points to the email he sent to me. if you want I can forward the whole to you.

*We are happy to see Italy doing so well,but of course we can not allow you to take all of France. (we?! whose we? TAs?)

*We are happy to leave the prov. Nancy,Belfort,and Strasbourg,under the condition that we can take metz,sedan,troyes,paris,and the prov. north of that line. (France had quit at this point and hes not yet at war. I had already taken everything but the city of Strasbourg. thanks for letting me keep them.)

*As an alternative of course we can fight over all these fuel and coal prov. with the result we will probably end up loosing a lot of troops. I need an answer by tomorrow so I can call back the troops...

Actually, he wasn't. His statement was fact, not bluff, as he would've put everything on top of your armies, as he wrote. And he needed a quick answer, to be able to change his turn. And he had already broken the deal with france and made his turn, without knowing where your troops were located. That info he got the day he sent you the message, which explains his rush to change his turn.

And yes, we know what was written, word for word. As Dags said, a nice stab in the back. Nice to leave the parts out where he also mentioned he wouldn't mind sharing resources.

you see it one way. I see it the other.

Actually, he wasn't. His statement was fact, not bluff, as he would've put everything on top of your armies, as he wrote. And he needed a quick answer, to be able to change his turn. And he had already broken the deal with france and made his turn, without knowing where your troops were located. That info he got the day he sent you the message, which explains his rush to change his turn.

And yes, we know what was written, word for word. As Dags said, a nice stab in the back. Nice to leave the parts out where he also mentioned he wouldn't mind sharing resources.

Tell you what. As a neutral bystander, send me all the emails and the last 3 to 4 turns of each alliance member and I'll determine who is at fault.

Tell you what. As a neutral bystander, send me all the emails and the last 3 to 4 turns of each alliance member and I'll determine who is at fault.

Here, here! Spoken like a true gentleman!

If it helps, I am also at war with Denmark, and when I drew a line to see how to get there, Greece was in the way......

Everybody ALWAYS declares war at Denmark turn 4, 98% chance it's Sponsamabob.

But the line drawing I can understand, used to be my tactic as well, till I ended up in this game. Now I seem to do these spirographs.

What!?!?!?

If your referring to Italy declaring on Lowlands I tried to be friends or at least remain neutral.

VLD

And an attack from a direction and side that you totally did not expect it coming from,

while the bulk of your armed forces are fighting elsewhere is usually called a "stab in the back".

Now that's all part of the game, after all, its all about (blind) trust, misdirection, paranoia etc.

But the Balkan and Scandinavian TA's were having a nice little war (well, a nice big war).

It was a nice, balanced war. It isn't any more. Now we'll never know who would have won this without interference from "outside".

And in my mental notebook I open up a new page, put "VLD" at the top of ther page and add some notes.

What a bullshit. A nation as small as Lowlands can never allow a player who's allegiance is at best unknown right next to his border, for the very reason you've shown. So we needed a deal, and fast, or it would be war. You took the deal with the full intent of breaking it. That IS backstabbing.

If you didn't like the deal, or the wording of it, you should have played it like a man and turned it down.

What!?!?!?

VLD

What a bullshit. A nation as small as Lowlands can never allow a player who's allegiance is at best unknown right next to his border, for the very reason you've shown. So we needed a deal, and fast, or it would be war. You took the deal with the full intent of breaking it. That IS backstabbing.

If you didn't like the deal, or the wording of it, you should have played it like a man and turned it down.

Ok, so Lowlands loads up and tells me this is the deal or else. oh, and here's a few trinkets for your trouble.

Knowing full well or at least pretty sure that most of my troops are in southern France. I mean you could have tracked that by recent world events or doing some TCs.

I had no way to defend myself and y'all knew it.

So yeah, I took the deal,bought myself a few turns to move my troops north.

What I did to him was exactly what he was going to do to me.

We put France out of the game. We took the risks and the losses.

Who are you to think you can come in after the fact and dictate to me what I can or can't have in France.